5.3 Helping pet battlers create solid teams

55 Goblin Death Knight
heya anni, love the thread <3

i run a fain death team, using egbert and an hs basilisk. any thoughts on a good third wheel?
Edited by Lilmissyoda on 7/10/2013 4:42 AM PDT
90 Night Elf Rogue
Hey Anni. This thread is really awesome. I've just started PvPing and while I still suck, it's helping me get better.

I really love my Fledgling Nether Ray. Is there a good combo for him? I'm willing to track down something I don't have.
100 Troll Hunter
I have a question. If I get more defensive abilities on Clock'em is Haymaker worth getting?
90 Human Paladin
I have a question. If I get more defensive abilities on Clock'em is Haymaker worth getting?

Not really, they really gutted Haymaker making it pretty much worthless on Clock' em since you become really predictable and his CD's don't match up. (I mean the only time it is ok is when it hit's but that's a really big gamble. You pretty much put urself in a huge hole if it misses.)

I'm almost done with Lil Bad Wolf btw. I will take a look at the Feign death team and Ray after.
Edited by Annimositty on 7/10/2013 11:14 AM PDT
100 Blood Elf Priest
Sooo I love playing weather teams. I have a strong Lightning and Blizzard team now with substitutes thanks to you and other fellow posters in this thread. Im currently working on a Moonlight team my first thoughts were Celestial Dragon, Fungal Abomination, and Sprite Darter Hatchling. I know having 2 of a type on a team is a no-no but wanted to get your thoughts or see if you had a similar team. Darkness will be my next team once I get some more pets lvled.
Thank you for your time.
90 Tauren Druid
I'm still pretty new to battlepetting, but if possible could you form me a team using either the Paper Dragon Kite or Ethereal soul trader? (sadly they didn't seem all that strong though)
If both could be used decently, even better!( I didn't see any obvious synergy, though)
I'm willing to obtain other pets to make things work out somehow!
Also did find myself having trouble when I run into people using lil ragnaros.

Thanks for reading!

PS:
After fooling around a bit, I'm wondering if a Landros Lil XT, Dragon Kite and Gahzrooki(or something) combo would be decent, dragon kite + XT seem to work decently well.
Edited by Raigorr on 7/10/2013 1:43 PM PDT
100 Troll Hunter
Hi again! If I wanted to start a darkness team would you have any advice for what pets to use in order to have good cohesion? Thanks a bunch!
100 Blood Elf Priest
Hi again! If I wanted to start a darkness team would you have any advice for what pets to use in order to have good cohesion? Thanks a bunch!

Crow or Gilnean Raven S/S
Scourged Whelping or Feline Familiar
Spectral Porcupette or Nordrassil Wisp S/S

Edited
Edited by Planet on 7/10/2013 3:16 PM PDT
100 Troll Hunter
07/10/2013 02:23 PMPosted by Planet

Crow or Gilnean Raven S/S
Scourged Whelping (high health one)
Feline Familiar or Nordrassil Wisp S/S

Thanks a bunch!
90 Human Paladin
Sooo I love playing weather teams. I have a strong Lightning and Blizzard team now with substitutes thanks to you and other fellow posters in this thread. Im currently working on a Moonlight team my first thoughts were Celestial Dragon, Fungal Abomination, and Sprite Darter Hatchling. I know having 2 of a type on a team is a no-no but wanted to get your thoughts or see if you had a similar team. Darkness will be my next team once I get some more pets lvled.
Thank you for your time.

post 413 is what you are looking for

I'm still pretty new to battlepetting, but if possible could you form me a team using either the Paper Dragon Kite or Ethereal soul trader? (sadly they didn't seem all that strong though)
If both could be used decently, even better!( I didn't see any obvious synergy, though)
I'm willing to obtain other pets to make things work out somehow!
Also did find myself having trouble when I run into people using lil ragnaros.

Thanks for reading!

PS:
After fooling around a bit, I'm wondering if a Landros Lil XT, Dragon Kite and Gahzrooki(or something) combo would be decent, dragon kite + XT seem to work decently well.

post 302 is what your looking for

Post 272 is what your looking for (although the FF and Scourged whelp are great pets putting them both on a darkness team means u only will have one pet with an ability that benedfits from it and 3 pets using the same ability which will weaken ur team and make it near useless vs smart Elemental users)
Edited by Annimositty on 7/10/2013 7:46 PM PDT
90 Troll Shaman
Hey Anni, I was wondering if you had any ideas on how to utilize Core Hound Pup? Your armory listed it as a pet you didn't have, but I thought it's type/moveset might be unique and I'd like to try and incorporate it somehow - maybe replacing a pet that uses Howl?
90 Blood Elf Paladin
While we are on this topic Salinous I found the team I was looking for.

Emerald Whelp- Emerald Bite, Moonfire, Tranquility
Infected Squirrel (H/P breed)-Creeping Fungus, Rabid Bite, Consume
Fawn (S/S breed)- Hoof, Natures Ward, Bleat

thanks again! i will try this team out if/when i get the chance. :)
100 Human Paladin
I know its not very great but what do you think would be the best fit for a perky pug?
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Hey, I've seen your thread up for quite a while, not to mention utilized some teams you mentioned to other people but I'm in for a change of teams atm.

When you have the time (take your time!) what other two pets would go good with the ever so cute Pengu (or Mr. Chilly or Tundra Penguin)? I'm willing to hunt down any pets I may not have the correct breed of, hunting pets I may be missing that would compliment that little bugger, etc.

Edit: leveling said pets for team won't be an issue..currently leveling an alt in pandaria and pet battles are my fav way of leveling.
Edited by Kitrae on 7/11/2013 3:03 AM PDT
90 Troll Shaman
Hey Kitrae, I had asked for help for a Blizzard team for my Frosty pet and Anni suggested a penguin. In place of Frosty (unless you have one) I imagine you can use Tiny Snowman, Winter's Little Helper or Mr. Bigglesworth, something to help keep Blizzard/the Chill effect up for the rest of your team:

Frosty- Diseased Bite, Blizzard, Ice Tomb
KLR (P/S breed)- Thrash, Frost Shock, Deep Freeze
Tundra Penguin (H/P breed)- Peck, Slippery Ice, Belly Slide

There's a guy who runs Runt-Frosty-Snowman on my server but this team has 2 major weaknesses. Speed based teams or even if I have one speed based pet I can dominate him. And he has duplicate abilities, all elemental attacks so If I have a critter I can dominate him, If I have a speed based critter then GG lol. This team covers those weaknesses and then counters them. You must must must run thrash when you have such an elemental attack heavy team. This is why you run a P/S runt to so you can always get that bonus thrash damage. Plus using belly slide in Blizzard is really OP. One of the biggest mistakes of KLR user is being to damn predictable, I always keep track of the CD's of all my opponets major abilites to I know when it is safe to make certain moves or when I should prob defend/swap. This team is much more powerful when you don't using every ability you have the second it's off CD. People tend to forget that slippery ice also chills so use that to ur advantage. You have 3 ways to chill ur opponent, utilize them properly. Also baiting undead pets with ur Runt and switch to ur Penguin is a great strategy as well.

But I'm sure there are other ways for penguins to be used so I'll let Anni take care of the rest. ^.^
90 Human Paladin
Ok so + the team on post 337 here is another Lil' Bad Wolf team.

Emperor Crab(P/P breed)-Surge, Healing Wave, Whirlpool
Lil Smokey- Missile, Minefield, Sticky Grenade
Lil Bad Wolf (S/S breed)-Claw, Dodge, Howl

So this team is pretty fun. You basically control ur opponents movements by restricting them through Mines and Whirlpool. Combining Whirlpool/Sticky Grenade with Howl are your main combo. One is unavoidable while one roots ur pray. (I wend for an aquatic for the soft counter to undead and hard counter for ur Mech). I usually started with Minefield-Sticky Grenade-swap-Howl-Claw which pretty much 2 shots most pets (you can change when u use sticky grenade depending on when u want it to land, the first or second turn of shatter). I might run claw with crab for more damage but you already have a strong beast attack so I tend to lean to the super reliable surge.

I know its not very great but what do you think would be the best fit for a perky pug?

post 181 has one for Quilen Cub but they both have the same move set/family so they can be swapped

Hey, I've seen your thread up for quite a while, not to mention utilized some teams you mentioned to other people but I'm in for a change of teams atm.

When you have the time (take your time!) what other two pets would go good with the ever so cute Pengu (or Mr. Chilly or Tundra Penguin)? I'm willing to hunt down any pets I may not have the correct breed of, hunting pets I may be missing that would compliment that little bugger, etc.

Edit: leveling said pets for team won't be an issue..currently leveling an alt in pandaria and pet battles are my fav way of leveling.

post 87 has a team. Frosty can be swapped for Biggles with Punce, Frost Nova, Ice Tomb.

Oh and my luck team on post 345
Edited by Annimositty on 7/11/2013 3:25 AM PDT
90 Human Paladin
Hey Anni, I was wondering if you had any ideas on how to utilize Core Hound Pup? Your armory listed it as a pet you didn't have, but I thought it's type/moveset might be unique and I'd like to try and incorporate it somehow - maybe replacing a pet that uses Howl?

I would imagine Howl is the way to go with this little guy so he prob would be a great replacement for Ji-kun Hatchling/Snail on post 411 or even in the last team in place of Lil Bad Wolf (you would prob change surge to Claw and would have to use Blue Clockwork Bot to replace ur wolfs speed with Batter, Minefield, Grenade).

Both teams his move set would be Scratch, Howl, Dig
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Thanks all for the replies! =D
100 Night Elf Druid
Alrighty, so I was looking for a potential way to get some use out of Withers. I figured, as an elemental, he would probably function best in a weather team that takes a weather(or two) that gives elementals some of their biggest advantages. So, for now, that eliminates sunlight, moonlight, and sandstorm.

Initially, I was thinking, because he has a DoT, a call lightning team was going to work well. To balance with withers and call lightning, I thought maybe a call darkness as an extra weather would be appealing. I have a few potential options and want to see what you think.

1. Sunreaver Micro-Sentry - Fel Immolate, Extra Plating, Call Lightning
2. Withers - Ironbark, Poison Branch, Photosynthesis

and one of these Callers

3. Crow - Alpha Strike, Call Darkness, Nocturnal Strike(Possibly murder if call lightning is working well)
3. Feline Familiar - Onyx Bite/Pounce, Call Darkness, Prowl
3. Scourged Whelpling - Tail Sweep, Call Darkness, Plagued Blood

The cons of these teams are: Crow - Extremely vulnerable to elementals, especially with water damage moves that can punish Withers. Feline Familiar and Scourged Whelpling - Potentially weak to water pets behind shields.

The other call lightning provider that I have found useful is Thundering Serpent Hatchling.

1. Thundering Serpent Hatchling - Tail Sweep, Call Lightning, Cyclone
2. Withers - Ironbark, Poison Branch, Photosynthesis

With the same seconday potentials. Thoughts?
100 Blood Elf Priest
I ran into a guy using a -

Thundering Serpent Hatchling
Clockwork Gnome
Peddlefeet

I got wrecked, because I didn't have a weather changer, or sweep pet at the time lol.

That was probably the best Call Lightning team I've seen.
Edited by Planet on 7/11/2013 8:56 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]