5.3 Helping pet battlers create solid teams

Thanks, Annimositty! No rush at all. I appreciate the help greatly.
90 Human Paladin
Ok Duro I think I have a pretty good team for your Rabbit.

Darkmoon Rabbit (S/S breed)-Huge Sharp Teeth, Dodge, Borrow
Curious Wolvar Pup- Punch, Snap Trap, Maul
Razortooth- Rip, Blood in the Water, Lightning Shield

So I used a S/S squirrel. He is really powerful but your rabbit should do just well too. What makes this team so strong is pretty much the Pup. Dropping Snap Trap means in the near future your going to do some decent damage and make ur opponent lose two turns. This allows you a huge window to set up ur bleed combo's. Bleeding a target then using ur shield pretty much means that A. They stay and eat a blood in the water AND take damage from hitting you or B. they swap to avoid all that damage and most ppl take the later making it a good idea to bleed 2ice. A great trick to this comp is setting up Snap Trap and then bring out ur critter, if they have any beasts on their team they pretty much always take the bait and try to use type disadvantage which ends up biting them in the !@# when the mech trap goes off on their beast pet. Maul with 325 attack is nasty. You can almost one-shot pets.
Edited by Annimositty on 6/1/2013 11:57 PM PDT
90 Goblin Warrior
Hey dude, I love mu lifelike toad, I know it sucks but is there any way I can build a viable pvp team around it? If not what would you suggest from my blue pets?
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Heya.

I have 2 pets I really like but they both kinda suck hah.

If you have or could make any teams around one or the other that would be great.

Murkimas the Gladiator
or
Lost of Lordaeron
90 Gnome Mage

Fel Flame- Flame Breath, Scorched Earth, Conflagrate
Corefire Imp- Rush, Immolation, Wild Magic
Scourged Whelp (H/H breed)- Tail Whip, Call Darkness, Plagued Blood

Absolutely brutal team. Was my go to DoT team (move set was a bit different) until I got an S/S Fiendish Imp to replaced the Corefire Imp. It's 24-2-1 since I started keeping track of W/L. Great suggestion!

Can you go into more detail about how this team should be used? I tried it and was not successful really (tried both fiendish imp and corefire imp).
Edited by Reason on 6/2/2013 7:21 AM PDT
90 Human Paladin
Sure thing Reason. When you start a fight you usually want to start out with ur Ele or Imp. If you start with your Imp you want to keep him in as long as possible without having him in danger of dying, being trapped or being AoE'd down from the back line. So usually planning to switch him out when he hit's 50% hp is a good idea. When he is in you want to Wild Magic-Rush-Immolate. This is usually about all he can do before he get's low. Use rush to shut down speed based attacker's. Once Your imp is in the back row with immolate he will heal every turn due to his racial (damaging peeps with his Immolation from the back row). If you then bring in ur whelp and use Plagued Blood on ur target he will get a portion of healing from Plagued Blood AND his racial which can top of his HP in a couple of turns (and aside from dodging Plagued blood it can't be avoided).

You can do the same with your Elemental by using Scorched Earth. Anytime a pet with Plagued Blood is hit by the weather the one who applied the weather gets healed. This is easier to counter since they can just change the weather but most decent teams will have you play weather mind games. You have two weathers though so you can use Scorched Earth for a Conflag set-up or Healing set-up for ur Elemental and should your weather get changed you can use ur whelp to change the weather so he doesn't get to set the weather your opponent wants/needs active. Also use Wild Magic wisely, Wild magic on a target who is burning from weather and Immolate will take tons of damage and Wild Magic benefits almost all ur attacks since they are either dot's or multi strike attacks (Conflag and Tail Whip)
Edited by Annimositty on 6/2/2013 8:00 AM PDT
90 Human Monk

The problem has a little to do with the raptors breed and more that he is a beast type and is prob getting raped by the weather himself. He ain't no tank either. I have run this comp before but I use Fly/Breath on my dragon and my 3rd pet is usually Pandaren Air Spirit. He has an awesome move set. Slicing Wind-Whirlwind-Cyclone. This way you have fly as defence vs Overtime abilities and you have protection from ur own weather.

You can also Run with a Cogblade Raptor (S/S breed), Batter+Expose Wounds in Storm is a death sentance.

Alright, here's another one. :P

Wild Golden Hatchling: Tail Sweep, Call Lightning, Cyclone
Peddlefeet: Rapid Fire, Love Struck, Love Potion
Lil' Ragnaros: Sulfuras Smash, Conflagrate, Sons of the Flame

Open with hatchling. Call lightning, cyclone, swap in peddlefeet. Spam rapid fire. Love struck to interrupt combos or multi-round attacks, love potion on cooldown. Swap hatchling back in to refresh call lightning/cyclone, or Lil' Ragnaros to soak big incoming damage with Sons of the Flame. Rag can also take out large health pools with SotF+lightning.
Edited by Reptíle on 6/2/2013 11:00 AM PDT
90 Human Paladin
Hey dude, I love mu lifelike toad, I know it sucks but is there any way I can build a viable pvp team around it? If not what would you suggest from my blue pets?

I'll post ur team with Jin's later 2night

Heya.

I have 2 pets I really like but they both kinda suck hah.

If you have or could make any teams around one or the other that would be great.

Murkimas the Gladiator
or
Lost of Lordaeron

I will see what I can do with the Lost but prob wont be getting to it till Monday (hit a couple snags with Gahz team )
90 Orc Death Knight
Hi Anni,

I'm looking to put together my first pvp pet team, and am starting to level a couple of mainstays up. My thoughts are something like this:
Anubisath Idol with Sandstorm
Anubisath Idol with Stoneskin
Emperor Crab with Shell Shield

The basic strategy being, as you'd have picked up, casting sand storm then swapping to one of the other pets to combine sandstorm + defensive move.

Questions: Do you have suggestions regarding swapping something for the second idol? I noticed this team would be destroyed by a darkness build.

Secondly, was thinking about swapping rapana whelk for the emperor crab to deal with any undead that do pop up, thoughts?
90 Tauren Druid
A team I've been using that's done pretty well is:

Wild jade hatchling: Tail sweep, Call lightning, cyclone
Sunreaver Micro-Sentry: Fel Immolate, Extra Plating, Call lightning
Electrified Razortooth: Rip, Blood in the Water, Devour
90 Human Paladin
Open with hatchling. Call lightning, cyclone, swap in peddlefeet. Spam rapid fire. Love struck to interrupt combos or multi-round attacks, love potion on cooldown. Swap hatchling back in to refresh call lightning/cyclone, or Lil' Ragnaros to soak big incoming damage with Sons of the Flame. Rag can also take out large health pools with SotF+lightning.

teams like these really did well before Anubish Idol hit the scene but the second you run into one of these guys it's GG. He can pretty much single handedly counter this entire team.
90 Night Elf Hunter
So i've found the perfect team for me. I love my lil' Deathwing and am glad to find a team to back him up:
Lil' Deathwing(P/P)(tail sweep darkness elementium bolt)
Ghostly Skull(H/P) (Death coil, spectral strike siphon life)
Gilnean Raven(B/B)(alpha strike, darkness, and nocturnal strike)

My question is do you think the Crow from DmF would be better than gilnean raven?
Would the (S/S) breed raven really make a difference over the (B/B) Gilnean?
90 Human Paladin
My question is do you think the Crow from DmF would be better than gilnean raven?
Would the (S/S) breed raven really make a difference over the (B/B) Gilnean?

Yes it would make a HUGE difference. The reason you want a S/S raven is because his Darkness/Strike combo needs to be as fast as possible and you want to run with Alpha Strike. Having a slow Raven means your weather can and will be countered after u cast it. The team ur running is also really really slow. Your going to be eating a lot of CC and it's always important to have a fast pet to counter other fast pet's. I run with a S/S Crow from DMF myself. The pet's spawn pretty fast so finding one shouldn't be terrible.
90 Human Paladin
ok I'm done with the Gahz team.

Gahz' rookie- Tail Slap, Devour, Gyser
Legs- Pump, Gravity, Whirlpool
Lifelike Toad- Tongue Lash, Cleansing Rain, Frog Kiss

This team is really strong but it is slightly RNG based. First you must know the secret combo hidden within this team. Gyser-Swap-Whirlpool-Gravity-Pump-Pump, you can pull this off without a hitch if your opponent lacks an avoidance move and even if they do you can change up ur combo so that your using whirlpool/pump during the dodge (to avoid gyser). It forces players to eat the stun and lose a turn, 2 if they are slower. Most the time your pump can be used on the next pet since most pets can't survive the damage from Gravity-gyser-whirlpool. Next it's important to use both Gravity/Whirlpool to land devours with ur Gahz. The RNG for this team comes from Frog Kiss and Tail Slap, turning peeps to frog's is important since frog doesn't bring much to the team other then weather (a little aoe healing with it too), countering his own counter, and countering undead. However Lifelike toad is a beast when dealing with Ele's and ppl take the bait every time lol. Gahz tail sweep hits for 600ish in Rainy weather.

Second lifelike toad team I made a while ago.

Bucktooth Flapper- Tail Slap, Mudslide, Stench
Snarly- Rip, Surge, Blood in the Water

So Mr. Cyborg Frog pretty much does what he did before in the last team. Set weather and start kissing, licking if they are dead =P. It's a duel weather team. Tail Slap like mad (drop stench b4 of course) and before you die throw up a mudslide. You can then finish of their pet with Surge (if they are low enough). The next pet to come in will be rooted allowing ur Croc to do his combo. Pretty simple and straight forward.

IMPORTANT! Gravity is glitchy, sometime the roots work and sometimes it doesn't. Had a friend help me test it and sometimes he couldn't swap pet's and sometimes he could swap out of my combo.Really really annoying when you know they should lost a pet and then some to ur combo.
Edited by Annimositty on 6/2/2013 10:32 PM PDT
ok I'm done with the Gahz team.

Gahz' rookie- Tail Slap, Devour, Gyser
Legs- Pump, Gravity, Whirlpool

This team is really strong but it is slightly RNG based. First you must know the secret combo hidden within this team. Gyser-Swap-Whirlpool-Gravity-Pump-Pump, you can pull this off without a hitch if your opponent lacks an avoidance move and even if they do you can change up ur combo so that your using whirlpool/pump during the dodge (to avoid gyser). It forces players to eat the stun and lose a turn, 2 if they are slower. Most the time your pump can be used on the next pet since most pets can't survive the damage from Gravity-gyser-whirlpool. Next it's important to use both Gravity/Whirlpool to land devours with ur Gahz. The RNG for this team comes from Frog Kiss and Tail Slap, turning peeps to frog's is important since frog doesn't bring much to the team other then weather (a little aoe healing with it too), countering his own counter, and countering undead. However Lifelike toad is a beast when dealing with Ele's and ppl take the bait every time lol. Gahz tail sweep hits for 600ish in Rainy weather.

Second lifelike toad team I made a while ago.

Bucktooth Flapper- Tail Slap, Mudslide, Stench
Snarly- Rip, Surge, Blood in the Water

So Mr. Cyborg Frog pretty much does what he did before in the last team. Set weather and start kissing, licking if they are dead =P. It's a duel weather team. Tail Slap like mad (drop stench b4 of course) and before you die throw up a mudslide. You can then finish of their pet with Surge (if they are low enough). The next pet to come in will be rooted allowing ur Croc to do his combo. Pretty simple and straight forward.

IMPORTANT! Gravity is glitchy, sometime the roots work and sometimes it doesn't. Had a friend help me test it and sometimes he couldn't swap pet's and sometimes he could swap out of my combo.Really really annoying when you know they should lost a pet and then some to ur combo.

Thank you very much! I'll have to see about getting stones for my Lifelike Toad and Legs. Both are currently uncommon so I need to bump them up to rare.
Edited by Jinzakk on 6/2/2013 10:46 PM PDT
90 Human Paladin
I'm looking to put together my first pvp pet team, and am starting to level a couple of mainstays up. My thoughts are something like this:
Anubisath Idol with Sandstorm
Anubisath Idol with Stoneskin
Emperor Crab with Shell Shield

The basic strategy being, as you'd have picked up, casting sand storm then swapping to one of the other pets to combine sandstorm + defensive move.

Questions: Do you have suggestions regarding swapping something for the second idol? I noticed this team would be destroyed by a darkness build.

I run a team almost exactly like this. It's a good team, annoying to deal with I'm sure but it is slightly limited.

Anubish Idol- Crush, Sandstorm, Deflection
Emperor Crab P/P- Snap, Renewing Mist, Shell Shield
Feline Familure-Onyx Bite, Stone Skin, Prowl/Devour

It is pretty much the same team you have but now it has some power. Feline Fam in storm is a beast he has so much attack and combined with his racial makes him a nightmare to deal with. Plus he counters darkness teams (since they pretty much always have ravens). Using healing mist to keep ur pet's alive is even worse. You will not only have 3 tanky pet's that can still do damage but they have the ability to heal too. My fav part is that when ur under the protection of ur weather and a shield KLR's can't Frost shock you cuz it blocks all the damage. They can't use their combo! plus takedown is weak vs ur kitty too. As long as u control the weather the game is massively in ur favor.
90 Human Paladin
Thank you very much! I'll have to see about getting stones for my Lifelike Toad and Legs. Both are currently uncommon so I need to bump them up to rare.

head over to my server and pst me. I got a couple mech/magic stones laying around. Make a human.
Edited by Annimositty on 6/2/2013 11:05 PM PDT
87 Human Warlock
Hi Annimosity thank you for all of your hard work! I am new to pvp and I would like a team based around Lil Tarecgosa. So maybe an arcane winds team? I'm not sure what other synergy she has except with the skull. If there is no way to make her part of a viable team I am open to suggestions. I am also willing to hunt for/ buy any pets needed for this team.
90 Human Paladin
Hi Annimosity thank you for all of your hard work! I am new to pvp and I would like a team based around Lil Tarecgosa. So maybe an arcane winds team? I'm not sure what other synergy she has except with the skull. If there is no way to make her part of a viable team I am open to suggestions. I am also willing to hunt for/ buy any pets needed for this team.

Sure i will take a look at her 2morrow.

Update-Sparks I will have ur team posted 2morrow morning.
86 Goblin Warlock
Thank you for the tips I really appreciate your work.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]