5.3 Helping pet battlers create solid teams

90 Human Mage
If you could take a look at mine and see if you have any ideas that would be sweet, but I know what I'm doing and you seem to be quite busy here so if not that's totally fine.

I tend to like a variety that can counter almost anything, rather than using 1 dimensional pets or strats which depend on swaps at the right time. My current team is an exception more than anything (though it can be a lot of fun - fiendish imp immolation, gate, switch to flamefly, immolate, swarm).

A common team of mine is
spectral porcupette - powerball, spirit spikes, spectral spine (counters KLR, rabbits, ice lance, most flyers)
feline familiar - pounce, call darkness, prowl (counters anubisath, tail sweepers, healers)
imperial silkworm - consume, moth balls, moth dust (counters conflag, aquatic, KLR also)

Things like flayers and basilisks screw me though, and I'm seeing a more of them lately. I'll usually switch in something like peddlefeet if I keep getting them.
Edited by Larwood on 6/3/2013 9:21 AM PDT
90 Human Paladin
ok Sparks I finished this team. I like it so much I added it to my team roster =P. Might be that the last couple of teams I been working on Cleansing Rain teams and that's what gave me the idea for this team.

Lost of Lordaeron (H/H breed)- Shadow Slash, Arcane Explosion, Curse of Doom
Rapana Whelk (B/B or H/B)- Ooze Touch, Acidic Goo, Dive
Fishy- Water Jet/Surge, Cleansing Rain, Whirlpool

So at first glance this looks like a noobish team. Bunch of random pet's to your opponent. This is the beauty of this team, it is POWERFUL. Your team is centered on ur Whelk. You can start with one of two combos. First you set out ur fish, you can then Whirlpool/Cleansing rain. Use whirlpool first if you want to trap the pet ur opponent first uses second so you can switch/acidic goo before it lands. Weather+Acidic Goo can pretty much one shot any pet and if not then just dive (they can't swap since they are rooted so they are forced to eat a Acidic Goo/Dive. If you see a lot of dragons/humans you want to start with ur Lost or Lord. Have him doom you can either swap and drop an acidic goo (the durations are perfect so ppl don't see it coming) Acidic goo last 3 turns just long enough to amplify Doom's damage. If ur facing a dragon or he's got some flyers in the back row just spam arcane explosion. By the end of it the dragons prob going to be dead and so will his flyers lol. Just be aware that ur weather will lower ur Acidic Goo's duration by one turn so plan for it if ur weather is active
Edited by Annimositty on 6/3/2013 10:08 AM PDT
90 Human Paladin
If you could take a look at mine and see if you have any ideas that would be sweet, but I know what I'm doing and you seem to be quite busy here so if not that's totally fine.

I tend to like a variety that can counter almost anything, rather than using 1 dimensional pets or strats which depend on swaps at the right time. My current team is an exception more than anything (though it can be a lot of fun - fiendish imp immolation, gate, switch to flamefly, immolate, swarm).

A common team of mine is
spectral porcupette - powerball, spirit spikes, spectral spine (counters KLR, rabbits, ice lance, most flyers)
feline familiar - pounce, call darkness, prowl (counters anubisath, tail sweepers, healers)
imperial silkworm - consume, moth balls, moth dust (counters conflag, aquatic, KLR also)

Things like flayers and basilisks screw me though, and I'm seeing a more of them lately. I'll usually switch in something like peddlefeet if I keep getting them.

I don't understand -.-, what would you like me to do?
90 Human Mage
I don't understand -.-, what would you like me to do?

I dunno, give me some ideas :P I'm getting bored of my current teams which most rely on the awesomeness of spectral porcupette.
90 Human Paladin
I dunno, give me some ideas :P I'm getting bored of my current teams which most rely on the awesomeness of spectral porcupette.

lol I understand that you want some idea's but there are to many ways to build teams. You can keep reading, I'm sure other ppl will make some fun request but I need a pet or something to build a team. Or you can just flip through my pet's

I have teams already marked T #, example would be T Twenty Six. This goes from 2-31
90 Human Paladin
I have been running crow, blighthawk and crawdad and doing quite well but sometimes it seems like the crawdad is just an odd pet for the team and although it does have its uses against certain teams as it fits the defensive mold I am not sure if there is something that might fit a bit better with the the other two.

Any suggestions?
90 Blood Elf Priest
I haven't done any 25 pet PvP cuz intimidating >_<

Can you look through my 25s for some idea of a permanent team, if any or what else to level (I have almost everything). Thank you!
90 Human Paladin
I have been running crow, blighthawk and crawdad and doing quite well but sometimes it seems like the crawdad is just an odd pet for the team and although it does have its uses against certain teams as it fits the defensive mold I am not sure if there is something that might fit a bit better with the the other two.

Any suggestions?

Ya, If you want to run with these two pet's then I would suggest Anubish Idol with Smash-Snadstorm-Reflection. With so many flying abilities I'm sure dragons can be a headache if you don't land that call darkness properly. Plus Sandstorm is perfect for undead pet's. There is only one hard hitting critter ability and that is Mudslide, the rest are Multi hit abilites like flurry so you pretty much shut down any way to properly counter your Blighthawk. Plus ur 3rd pet will retain that tanky feel (I would run deflection since it is far better then rupture).
Edited by Annimositty on 6/3/2013 12:37 PM PDT
90 Human Paladin

Can you look through my 25s for some idea of a permanent team, if any or what else to level (I have almost everything). Thank you!

Most pet's are PvP viable in the right team. Do you have a favorite pet that I can build a team around?
90 Blood Elf Priest

Most pet's are PvP viable in the right team. Do you have a favorite pet that I can build a team around?

My crawdad was first 25 and backbone of my PvE (mostly) but I've leveled 20+ others. I read strats for "boss fights" and trying to level things useful for those dailies. My PvP experience was the low-level + high cheat for the achievement. Kinda put off PvP since the lowbies tend to get faced with higher level ones so it's a lousy way to level (not level cuz losing!).

So basically, don't know what I'm doing in PvP at all. =P
90 Human Paladin
My crawdad was first 25 and backbone of my PvE (mostly) but I've leveled 20+ others. I read strats for "boss fights" and trying to level things useful for those dailies. My PvP experience was the low-level + high cheat for the achievement. Kinda put off PvP since the lowbies tend to get faced with higher level ones so it's a lousy way to level (not level cuz losing!).

So basically, don't know what I'm doing in PvP at all. =P

I have a Crawdad team but meaning to make another since my old one kinda got boned by the Predatory Strike nerf. It still works but it is slightly less effective. I'll test a few things out and get back to you 2morrow.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Thanks!!!!!!
90 Blood Elf Priest
I have a Crawdad team but meaning to make another since my old one kinda got boned by the Predatory Strike nerf. It still works but it is slightly less effective. I'll test a few things out and get back to you 2morrow.

Thank you. Will wait patiently. =)
90 Human Paladin
Hey Annimositty, what do you think about the Moonkin Hatchling? I love him and his huge eyes but I just can't settle on what to pair him with. I've been using Crawdad/Moonkin and then switching between an oozeling and the celestial dragon.

So far I'm leaning towards the dragon. He's been able to soak a lot of flying damage aimed at the Crawdad, has a nice heal, moonfire hits decently hard, and flame thrower definitely helps against mechanical pets that ruin all my magic damage.

I really don't know since I don't own him -.-. I would want to maybe try out Singing Sunflower with Celestial Dragon for Sunny Day and maybe have ur Moonkin with Solar Beam, Entangle Root's Cyclone. Then you could have a pretty crazy team. The reason I would go with this set up is cuz when you have Sunny Day up you can Entangle roots-Cyclone and if the target u wanted get's rooted you can solar beam while cyclone's damage passively heals ur boomkin while he is rooted from solar beam. You would then have a major weakness when facing critters since so much of ur damage is Elemental. Of course you could also grab a Sun panda for the weather and his Bite would protect you from this problem. It's really all I can think of without playing around with him =(.
Edited by Annimositty on 6/3/2013 3:07 PM PDT
90 Human Paladin
Hi Annimosity thank you for all of your hard work! I am new to pvp and I would like a team based around Lil Tarecgosa. So maybe an arcane winds team? I'm not sure what other synergy she has except with the skull. If there is no way to make her part of a viable team I am open to suggestions. I am also willing to hunt for/ buy any pets needed for this team.

Finish the team. It's pretty good but does have one weakness that is fixable, you will need to hunt for a Blue Carp to replace the Mindslayer. But this will allow ur fish to wild magic and ur dragon to set that nice Surge of Power to use before death.

Lil' Tarecgosa- Breath, Wild Magic, Arcane Storm
Blighthawk (H/P breed)- Slicing Winds, Ghostly Bite, Cyclone
Mini Mindslayer- Surge, Amplify Magic, Life Exchange

So the whole Arcane Storm+Ghostly Bite/Surge speaks for itself. The tricky part about this comp is the use of Wild Magic. I usually Arcane Storm, Wild Magic, Swap to Blighthawk and bite. If he stays I then destroy the guy with Slicing Wind, with wild magic it does about 200 damage per slice. If he swaps out I use cyclone which means your cyclone can then do extra damage to the guy with wild magic in his back row. Your Mindslayers Amplify magic will also increase the damage ur cyclone does so 3 turns of increased cyclone damage stacked onto a weather buffed/amplified buff Surge. It's devistating. (of course this is where those pesky tail whipping dragons come in, if they have enough attack power they can kill you in 2 tail sweeps). Use your Dragon/Mindslayer as bait to lure his dragon out and kill it with ur blighthawk sometimes eating a Call Darkness on ur dragon is required to set up ur weather, Call Darkness has a long CD so if you time it right that gives you plenty of time to kill something if not 2.
Edited by Annimositty on 6/3/2013 7:39 PM PDT
90 Troll Shaman
Hey Annimositty, I still use your previous post for team suggestions/tips and it's such a great resource for someone learning about PvP pet battles. I haven't finished browsing the old post, but I'm wondering if there are any viable comps for my Frosty pet? I'd love to use him on a team but I'm not quite sure what would play well together. I thought something like Frosty, Kun-Lai and maybe an elemental or aquatic (Snowman or one of the penguins).
Edited by Jeschalen on 6/3/2013 10:52 PM PDT
87 Human Warlock
Awesome thank you for cranking that out so quickly! I just started pvping today and I was using a team you posted earlier: Imp, Scourge whelpling, and Fel Flame. I went 12-3 with that team how does this Teracgosa team compare to that one?

Additionally, could the mindflayer be replaced by the nexus whelp or arcane eye, until i get a blue carp? Both nearly approximate the blue carp having two of it's three abilities. After reading your post it seems you wanted something else that has wild magic so Teracgosa can use her bomb. The nexus whelp has wild magic and surge seeming to fill that void. Though running two dragons is asking for problems...
Edited by Pachakhan on 6/3/2013 8:25 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Hi back again :o
My ele team has its ups and downs, but want to try and get my flayer youngling in he mix...any teams for him? I run too many speed pets and need a heavy hitter
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]