Instant death vs monk.

90 Human Paladin
I've not been playing paladin all that long only going on a few weeks and I'm not sure if this has already been brought up or not. In any case while doing arena today with a friend and while facing a monk I happened to just instantly die.

Not in the sense that I just got rolled but I went from full to dead instantly while the monk was attacking my healer. After the initial wtf moment I found myself trying to figure out just what happened and my only thought was touch of death being transferred to me through hand of sacrifice.

I had seen a video back in 5.2 of a warrior being instantly killed due to intervene but never a paladin and I figured something like that would have been changed by now.

So I came here to find out is this normal? Have any of you had this happen to you before?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I'm fairly sure that touch of death is not usable on Player enemies. So that rules that out.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
The 4 piece pvp bonus allows it on players under 10%, as far as what happened to the op, doesn't Hand of Sacrifice only transfer 30% damage?
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
ToK might still be bugged. But most likely you were probably just rolled.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
I'm fairly sure that touch of death is not usable on Player enemies. So that rules that out.

it is usable via 10% health. enjoy
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
ToK might still be bugged. But most likely you were probably just rolled.

No I had already blown up the hunter on the other team and was merely the monk remaining who was attacking my healer at the time. I had already popped Bop on my healer and when I went to kill the monk he popped ToK on my healer so I backed off and threw HoS on him to help ease the damage.

Before I could go back in to finish the monk he kills my healer and I just fall over while being out of melee range of the monk. The damage log showed all of the small amounts from HoS but showed nothing as for the 370k hp that just disappeared.
Edited by Ethniu on 6/3/2013 9:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Weird.. sounds like a monk hacker to me! Grrrr..... lol
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
You do see hackers doing some weird !@#$ sometimes...maybe that was the issue.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]