Celebrating my last week in Straya

90 Draenei Mage
To commemorate, I will post a video each day until Saturday (I leave Sunday) of Australia-related material.

I am moving back to the glorious motherland New Zealand, so feel free to post your anti-NZ propaganda.

For Tuesday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4tZRZSGxcE
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I feel bad for you. Good luck.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Mage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qA8gJoT5yl4

I hope this was getting a mention. I'm also sorry for ruining it for you, if it was getting linked.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
For Wednesday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKNQ-crIr50

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qA8gJoT5yl4

I hope this was getting a mention. I'm also sorry for ruining it for you, if it was getting linked.

Didn't know of that one...
I may do a more positive one or two in the next few days.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Meh.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
For Thursday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JCl7uMH-kc

I said that I could do something more positive. I did the exact opposite, which is just another day at work in Canberra.
Edited by Eschatonin on 6/5/2013 8:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
You're in Canberra?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
No, I was referring to Julia Gillard.

I've been in Brisbane for 8.5 years, only travelling as far as Noosa to the north, Toowoomba to the west, and the state border to the south.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Shame, I would of bought you a beer or something. Its my last week of life before I undergo my six months of AFP training. Was given seven free days of WoW, logged on, sighed and logged off. Slow week.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
I finally reached the stage (again) where I just didn't feel like logging in. Probably a good thing with starting uni.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I finally reached the stage (again) where I just didn't feel like logging in. Probably a good thing with starting uni.

wait till stuvac. wow + any other distractions will suddenly become the most appealing things ever while you're trying to cram before finals
Reply Quote
90 Orc Mage
06/05/2013 09:09 PMPosted by Whissie

wait till stuvac. wow + any other distractions will suddenly become the most appealing things ever while you're trying to cram before finals

Is that why your toon looks so worried?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
jk

Woah woah woah backup. As a Prime Minister, she has maintained her integrity and demeanor throughout some of the most unstable political environments since Whitlam, given all the cattiness emerging out of our lovely government.

Yeah, I don't have exams until the 21st and 22nd so the time between now and then technically constitutes as holidays.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Shame, I would of bought you a beer or something. Its my last week of life before I undergo my six months of AFP training. Was given seven free days of WoW, logged on, sighed and logged off. Slow week.
Good luck Groot! Hope all goes well.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
06/05/2013 10:12 PMPosted by Belle

Woah woah woah backup. As a Prime Minister, she has maintained her integrity and demeanor throughout some of the most unstable political environments since Whitlam, given all the cattiness emerging out of our lovely government.

I find it difficult to tell if people are being sarcastic or are simply ignorant these days.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
jk
06/06/2013 04:20 AMPosted by Groot

I find it difficult to tell if people are being sarcastic or are simply ignorant these days.

I'm happy to agree with you if you're trying to insinuate that she isn't a good Prime Minister. But to blindly scorn someone in a position of power and provide no evidence - that makes you a sheep.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
But to blindly scorn someone in a position of power and provide no evidence - that makes you a sheep.

Carbon Tax. Not that I think that the blue party wouldn't have done it. No real way to distinguish between the 2 faces of the 2 party dictatorship.
Reply Quote
Unfortunately we have to vote Labor until the NBN is finished.

:(
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
jk
Carbon Tax. Not that I think that the blue party wouldn't have done it. No real way to distinguish between the 2 faces of the 2 party dictatorship.

Righties would have been pressured into the CT anyway. Until Australia moves on from the rat race people need to form their own original ideas about leaders rather than jumping on the bandwagon because some right winger screamed into the media that J Gillard touched them in the naughty spot.

No real way to distinguish between the 2 faces of the 2 party dictatorship.

Gillard can answer questions.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXhbg80E2JE

Edit: correct Youtube link.
Edited by Belle on 6/6/2013 5:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Gillard can answer questions.

Half of the time the answer is (paraphrased) "You're a misogynist." Who needs to answer criticism when you can pull a combination of Appeal to Emotion and Ad Hominem Fallacy?

On the vid, it had gone under some obvious cutting, so I'm unsure how many questions weren't actually answered. Don't know if they were poorly cut to make him look better, or vice versa.

Something I found pretty funny is that the Liberal Party is part of the same international political union as the Republican Party in the US, the kind that unites parties internationally of similar beliefs.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]