Ret PvE Trinket

90 Draenei Paladin
Primordius' Talisman of Rage vs Iron Belly Wok

The former is a big item level boost, and can potentially have a higher Strength gain. But from wowhead's telling me, the proc is garbage. The Critical Strike also seems a bit worse than the on-use Haste of the Iron Belly Wok.

Despite the item level, I think the latter is better... but wanted to know what the opinions of people that actually PvE with Ret think.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Wok is, and always was, terrible. Primo's wonky and stacks unreliably, but it's a much more beneficial trinket overall.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Primordius' Talisman of Rage it is. Thanks Grôgnárd.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
The trinket that comes from Scholo is better than Wok. Xuen and Lei shen are both way better than it.

Proc haste is really quite bad. While we gem for haste, 1:1, haste is nowhere near as good as strength.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Rather than making another thread for this question, I thought I just just jump on this one since the subject is relatively similar.

Currently I have Darkmist Vortex (Lei Shi) and Lessons of the Darkmaster (H-Scholo). Should I hold out for Spark/Feather, or spring for the Tiger Deck? Which should I replace first?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
If you're desperate for a trinket, DMR:X trumped pretty much every other trinket last tier up until heroic raiding. It's a damned strong trink, and I still keep mine in my bags for dailies/trash. So, if you have the coin and really want a strong trinket, dump Vortex ASAP and pick up a DMR:X.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Thanks for the great info already!

I'll add my trinket question here as well...

I have Spark (normal upgraded x2) and the Gaze from LFR Twins.

In bags I have the DMR:X as well.

My question is...should I buy the Shado Pan Trinket to replace the LFR Twins? Or should I use the DMR:X over the Gaze? Or just use the Gaze? All this assuming the Spark is still viably good.

I've had no luck with LFR Feather (or normal for that matter...given that I'm MS holy anyway).

Thanks for the help!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Thanks for the tip Grog. I'm assuming DMR:X is the Darkmoon card (I recently came off a three year break, so not up on my pally lingo just yet). I find it amusing that Lessons is still so damn useful. Going to ask my guild about making some cards today.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
06/05/2013 10:04 AMPosted by Jaliant
My question is...should I buy the Shado Pan Trinket to replace the LFR Twins? Or should I use the DMR:X over the Gaze? Or just use the Gaze?

That's a tough one. Gaze is pretty awful for Ret since it's crit rating on crit hit, and the SPA trink has an insanely long ICD.

I think I'd recommend the SPA as it procs for more strength, so it makes ES that much more devastating when you can sync them. I've had fairly good luck with buff alternating for ES between the SPA and the Spark - as in, one trinket's proc is up for ES while the other is on CD/charging up.

06/05/2013 10:05 AMPosted by Hlín
I'm assuming DMR:X is the Darkmoon card

Yes, but it's not technically a card anymore - DarkMoon Relic: Xuen.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
It's just called Relic of Xuen, which is why the "DMR" moniker can confuse people. :P
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Designated Marksman Rifle? =P
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I think I'd recommend the SPA as it procs for more strength, so it makes ES that much more devastating when you can sync them. I've had fairly good luck with buff alternating for ES between the SPA and the Spark - as in, one trinket's proc is up for ES while the other is on CD/charging up.

Thanks for the info! Short term goal is trying to burst down Ahoo'ru...so I'll try out the SPA and see what RNG I can make work!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]