Gearing too easy

85 Blood Elf Paladin
Less than 3 days at 90, ilvl 474. Tomorrow I get my first valor piece and my Klaxxi ring and hit ilvl 481, ready for ToT less than 4 days after hitting 90.

Too easy to gear up.

That's the whole point...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
For some further perspective, I resubbed 3 1/2 weeks ago, hadn't played MoP. Now my main is at ilvl 490 +, and this guy as I said at 474. Sorry, that's ridiculous.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Less than 3 days at 90, ilvl 474. Tomorrow I get my first valor piece and my Klaxxi ring and hit ilvl 481, ready for ToT less than 4 days after hitting 90.

Too easy to gear up.

So time equals skill now?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Too easy to gear up.

The whole point of end game is be able to get to the current end boss in 4 days after hitting max level? That sounds awful. Insert "the video" here.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Sometimes you get lucky. I had my warlock get a drop off every boss in Terrace this week. New belt, new trinket, two weapons (obviously only got to use one, but still.) Others you get nothing.

And Malevolent goes a long way towards boosting your ilvl. They easily beat out Heroic/JP loot and they're fairly easy to get.

The whole point of end game is be able to get to the current end boss in 4 days after hitting max level? That sounds awful. Insert "the video" here.

If you're willing to grind out a bunch of honor pieces, get some gear crafted, and will some solid luck into existence for the rest of it, it's gonna be fast. What do you want the game to do, simply stop you from earning anything so you can't move forward that week?
Edited by Vv on 6/3/2013 10:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage

Too easy to gear up.

If you listen to a certain subset of players, then it does. From some reason they believe that a long horrible grind that takes months for one toon to reach minimum gear level for the entry level raid proves skill.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior

Try starting to play now as if it was release. Ignore everything else and stick to heroic 5 man dungeons and dailies. Now add alts to the equation.

Blizzard wanted to make sure players get to experience all of the end game content, not just come in late and hope someone will run you through it....
...on the next expansion.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Sometimes you get lucky. I had my warlock get a drop off every boss in Terrace this week. New belt, new trinket, two weapons (obviously only got to use one, but still.) Others you get nothing.

And Malevolent goes a long way towards boosting your ilvl. They easily beat out Heroic/JP loot and they're fairly easy to get.

If you're willing to grind out a bunch of honor pieces, get some gear crafted, and will some solid luck into existence for the rest of it, it's gonna be fast. What do you want the game to do, simply stop you from earning anything so you can't move forward that week?
These two videos sum up how I feel the game should be. Yes, they are "the videos."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFWh9aY4pas
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rd0-zVIBVo
Reply Quote
11 Draenei Paladin

Too easy to gear up.

Judging from the hundreds of posts stating the opposite of your "problem" I would have to say your experience is not the norm.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest

Too easy to gear up.

That wasn't my point. It's too fast from a burn though content too fast perspective.

On the subject, though, no, I'll be the first to admit that 4 days at 90 is not enough time to re-learn the intricacies of my class (a lot changed in MoP) and 28 raid boss encounters. Haven't even set up my macros/interface/mouse yet for full efficiency because I haven't needed too. That's on me, I suppose, but still.
Edited by Terga on 6/3/2013 10:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I hit 516 after 2 weeks. I like that gearing is easy.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Despite contrary opinion, I'd agree with the op in saying it's actually relatively simple to get up to an acceptable ilevel:

1. Replace all quest greens with crafted dreadful gear
2. Grab easy gear like 502 boots and latent korkron items from 5.3, and 483 belt for gold. Darkmoon trinks are also pretty cheap now.
3. If you're still not at 470, run heroics and either improve ilevel with heroic gear or justice upgrades.
4. Do isle dailies to get access to extremely cheap valor gear and treasure trove for buttloads of greater charms.
5. Once at 470, you're pretty much guaranteed to get gear to drop on almost every fight in terrace and hof by spending charms. One or two runs of these should be enough to have full epic gear.
6. Upgrade any epics below 480 with valor.

BAM. 6 steps for easy access to TK LFR. Wasting time with golden lotus and celestials is extremely inefficient. Should only take a week after hitting 90, maybe two if you want to get some of the Sunreaver/Kirin Tor valor gear.
Edited by Daecher on 6/3/2013 10:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
These two videos sum up how I feel the game should be. Yes, they are "the videos."

It's always a veteran lamenting the game isn't BC or Classic.

You can't inflict your journey through WoW on a new player. If MoP were structured like BC was, OP likely wouldn't get to raid anything until the next expansion, and everything would be gated off and few people would be interested in picking up a player who isn't keyed or geared for anything. The excitement the videos talk about is a very particular thing, from a time where vast portions of the player base did not get to share in them. I dunno about you, but I don't think my memories of Classic would have been that great if farming MC trash was the pinnacle of my experience, but that certainly was the highest content a lot of people probably got to see.

It's great when you get to be a part of progression. Getting Nefarion down for the first time was exciting. But most people didn't get to experience that back in Classic. Logistics are a !@#$% to deal with. That's why LFR is so popular. I can queue at 4am and eventually get into a group without needing to track down a consistent group to do it with.

I'm glad to have gotten the chance to see the fights I have, but I feel no desire to inflict it on others. Not everyone is able to commit to that, and the sooner nostalgia mongers come to terms with the fact that their experience is particular to their journey in WoW, and not something you can force onto everyone else, the better.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

Yes, Blizzard has already stated they want players to experience end-game content as soon as possible.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I'm glad to have gotten the chance to see the fights I have, but I feel no desire to inflict it on others. Not everyone is able to commit to that, and the sooner nostalgia mongers come to terms with the fact that their experience is particular to their journey in WoW, and not something you can force onto everyone else, the better.

But maybe there is a happy median??

Look, I experienced rading in vanilla, but recognize (a) the grind would feel punishing now; (b) my own life circumstances would not allow it, and (c) most people didn't and couldn't experience it. But the other extreme - 28 - actually 29 - raid bosses in the first week at 90 for my main, and likely the same in 4 days for my alt (this guy) ... has been fun, but feels a little empty.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
For some further perspective, I resubbed 3 1/2 weeks ago, hadn't played MoP. Now my main is at ilvl 490 +, and this guy as I said at 474. Sorry, that's ridiculous.

Because farming 7(8?) dungeons for weeks, even months on end, just to complete your class set was sooooo much fun! And then, you had to find a group that was recruiting people to farm the first raid tier (Note, you've been gone for a couple months so you've missed out on 1-2 tiers).

Boy, would I love to go back to those days!

Now, back to reality: You're not even 510+, so hush.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage

Too easy to gear up.

Your achievements say you hit 90 on 05/16

Nice try but no brass ring.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
good for you, i guess?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]