Need help/advice on 5.3 challenge (spoiler?)

100 Human Warlock
So, long story short I'm stuck on the yu'lon ranged dps challenge where you have to fight wrathion in the temple of the jade serpent. I'm a destro lock ilvl 513 with green fire.

The part that gives me the most trouble is the adds i can't seem to effectively kite and kill them before they get too fast and wreck me. I have my demonic gateway and teleport down and use them whenever i can to get away but wrathion has a tendency to drop a void zone on them and it kills me before i land.

The other problem is that I've spoiled myself with kjc and have a hard time transitioning back to not being able to move while casting which is useful because mag's fury is great for the mirror images/adds. the fact that kjc slows me is also killing me (see complaint about adds).

Does anyone have any advice or seen any good strategies?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
This fight is BS. You have to run it over and over again and if you are very lucky... things will line up for you to win it. There is no progression, it is just a crap ton of RnG and IMO a really !@#$ thing to do to it's players after all the other crap we had to do to get here. I did it on my DK, no prob... Frost Mage? I would love to hear from a Frost mage that actually completed this.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]