Has anyone actually finished the legendary?

90 Human Warrior
Legendary Tabard. You read it here first.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
The furthest anyone has gotten is to receive the 600 ilvl cloak that was implemented this patch (I believe?). The actually weapon, I'm assuming, won't come out until 5.4.

You're certain it's a weapon? ;)

I'm pretty sure it was heavily hinted, if not outwardly stated that, in an official blizzard post that the final reward (in 5.4) would in fact be an actual legendary weapon. I'm sure there would be a crapstorm of nerd rage if this wasn't true.
Edited by Tatiana on 6/4/2013 11:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk

Oh hellz yeah. You're getting a glorious orange item. Wrathion is true to his word.
Reply Quote
82 Worgen Druid
I stopped when it said I had to raid.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock

Then why did you even start?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter

LFR is raiding? I thought it was AFKing to free epix ;P
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

There's only one thing that can be more legendary than a weapon... don't tell me Blizzard has Alpha keys for Half-Life 3!

Blizzards quote is 5 words long with 2 conjunctions. 5 - 2 = 3

Half-life 3 is confirmed by Blizzard.

ROFL, LMAO!
Reply Quote
82 Worgen Druid
06/04/2013 11:36 AMPosted by Rosenivy

Then why did you even start?

When PvE'rs mentioned the PvP requirements my interest was peaked, but after finding out I had to raid first, I stopped there.
Reply Quote
If it's not a weapon, it'd better not just be a replacement for something we already have. The cloak and the meta gem are nice, but they're just replacing other things -- if it's not a replacement weapon with a solid proc (though I would settle for no proc with a meta gem slot to use normal+legendary gems, sha-touched gem slot, and ability to be socketed by the Eye of the Black Prince), then it'd better be something that adds substantial power without being a replacement for another slot -- a new learned spell, a tabard or shirt with stats/proc on it, etc.

But I'd really prefer either a weapon with a proc, a weapon with all of what I noted above, or a weapon with a proc and what I noted above. (Seriously. It'd be really nice to get a second meta socket on a final legendary weapon, so we can use normal and legendary meta gems.)

Edit: And while I'm at it, Bashiok, can you maybe remind the devs to not make cloaks boss drops in Siege? BoE trash drops, Valor rewards, or reputation rewards would be nice for offspecs and people who aren't done the questline, but getting a cloak drop when you have the ilvl 600 one would just be a bit of a kick in the vulnerables.
Edited by Yuyn on 6/4/2013 11:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
4 weeks for 2 Titan Runstones but on the up side i have had this Legendary Meta gem in my bag for 5 weeks. I am going to give this one more month if i dont get much closer to the Cloak i guess i can just unsub and wait for a catch up mechanic down the road in a few months.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
As noted, 600 cloak is as good as it gets right now.

Third week of chasing the 12 Runestones and I got 1 so far. The drop rate on those things to say the least is...disappointing. I can understand limiting it to some extent but I wouldn't be surprised if the average time for completion of that part is something like 3 to 4 months.

They have to keep the content worth doing somehow right? :-/
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Mystraele
90 Blood Elf Priest
Unquiet Dreams

I got to the point where I had 3k valor for that quest (back when you needed 6k), and got burned out on it all. When it changed to 3k I turned that in, only to be met with the need to find a group to kill the "boss" in Krasarang and do two battlegrounds, and I doubt I'll bother to finish any of it. It doesn't seem like enough of a gain or a benefit for me personally to bother with.

That was my reaction when I read the text for the first quest... And I haven't regretted it at all. As I watch friends and guildies struggle along...

Regards!

Well...for me, I really was excited that I'd have a chance to have a legendary weapon for the first time since I started playing the game in WotLK. I've never been a raider of current content, and it all sounded like it would be great fun to finally do that without having to deal with the drama and rigid scheduling of a raiding guild and all. But after I LFR'd my way through T14 and then met the not-fun Isle of Thunder treadmill and the even-less-fun first part of the ToT raid in LFR...yeah...done.

I guess I'm just not cut out for it really. I'd rather level another alt than do the gear grind over and over every tier even if there is some hoity-toity legendary at the end. Not even the lore interests me enough to finish it all at this point.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
They will be legendary helmets. One tailored for each spec. The models have already been datamined, ages ago.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
If its not a weapon the ensuing storm of rage and tears will be of epic proportions. The forums will become a no man's land bereft of joy and laughter, darkness and bile will be its only denizens and the flames will be burn hotter than a thousand stars.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
06/04/2013 11:06 AMPosted by Bashiok
The furthest anyone has gotten is to receive the 600 ilvl cloak that was implemented this patch (I believe?). The actually weapon, I'm assuming, won't come out until 5.4.

I'll never know since the Titan Runestones will take me another 11 months to finish at this rate.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
If its not a weapon the ensuing storm of rage and tears will be of epic proportions. The forums will become a no man's land bereft of joy and laughter, darkness and bile will be its only denizens and the flames will be burn hotter than a thousand stars.
So Saturday?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
06/04/2013 11:06 AMPosted by Bashiok

It'd be pretty massively disappointing otherwise.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
If you are an just starting heroic ToT, then you are probably about 4-6 weeks into the runestones. If you have 5-6, then you are on the average I think, about one a week.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
06/04/2013 12:04 PMPosted by Daralii
So Saturday?

Basically, but worse and it shall last for weeks on end.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]