Macros in PVP

90 Human Paladin
Hi everyone I've been playing for a while and i have never used macros, I was curious which macros you may use for ret paladin PVP if any. For those of you who do use various macros do you guys feel you really benefit from them?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I would greatly appreciate Holy PvP macros, i made a topic for it asking the pally on this forums and no one gave me an answer. :<

Paladins must not like each other for some reason.... ._.
Edited by Meirwen on 6/5/2013 11:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Here are a few of the macros I use.

#showtooltip Avenging Wrath
/use Tyrannical Gladiator's Badge of Victory
/cast Avenging Wrath
/cast Holy Avenger
/cast Guardian of Ancient Kings

^ This is a pretty standard burst macro. It's best to use Guardian of Ancient Kings first and let it build a few stacks before using the macro, but you're not always afforded that luxury in PvP so I just went ahead and baked it into the macro as well.

#showtooltip Hammer of Justice
/cast [mod:ctrl,target=focus] Hammer of Justice; Hammer of Justice

^ That macro allows you to use an ability on your focus target without having to actually target him by using a modifier. I use ctrl but you could replace 'ctrl' with 'shift' or 'alt' if you would rather use one of those as your focus modifier. It casts on your current target if you're not holding down your modifier.

#showtooltip Rebuke
/cast [mod:ctrl,target=focus] Rebuke; Rebuke

^ Same idea, but with your interrupt.

#showtooltip Turn Evil
/target Psyfiend
/cast Turn Evil

^ If you're using the turn evil glyph, this macro allows you to instantly target a psyfiend the moment you see a priest drop it and cast turn evil simply by spamming your turn evil key, hopefully before it casts a single psychic scream.

#showtooltip Holy Prism
/cast [target=player] Holy Prism

^ That will cast holy prism on yourself even while targeting an enemy or teammate. You could also do this by using a modifier macro like the ones above.

#showtooltip Hand of Sacrifice
/cast [target=Legolas] Hand of Sacrifice

^ If you're doing arenas with a hunter, then there's a good chance his name is Legolas. This macro will allow you cast hand of sacrifice on him without actually targeting him. You can do the same thing with other hand spells or word of glory or flash of light. You can also do this by using modifier macros.

Hope this helped you out some.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
http://www.arenajunkies.com/macros/

Everything you need should be there.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Thank you Requital. :D
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hi everyone I've been playing for a while and i have never used macros, I was curious which macros you may use for ret paladin PVP if any. For those of you who do use various macros do you guys feel you really benefit from them?

Macros are essential for anyone who plays arena other than just to cap conq in 2s, and even then it would make life easier. Ret needs a ton of macros to be effective. Sladrei listed several and his formatting is there.
You should have macros for your teammates for every single heal and untility spell:
flash of light
wog
sac
bop
freedom
holy prism
cleanse

You should also macro target/focus, this allows for much faster swaps (do for arena1,2,3):
/tar arena1
/focus arena1

I recommend also having macro for hoj arena1,2,3
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Here are a few of the macros I use.

#showtooltip Avenging Wrath
/use Tyrannical Gladiator's Badge of Victory
/cast Avenging Wrath
/cast Holy Avenger
/cast Guardian of Ancient Kings

^ This is a pretty standard burst macro. It's best to use Guardian of Ancient Kings first and let it build a few stacks before using the macro, but you're not always afforded that luxury in PvP so I just went ahead and baked it into the macro as well.

#showtooltip Hammer of Justice
/cast [mod:ctrl,target=focus] Hammer of Justice; Hammer of Justice

^ That macro allows you to use an ability on your focus target without having to actually target him by using a modifier. I use ctrl but you could replace 'ctrl' with 'shift' or 'alt' if you would rather use one of those as your focus modifier. It casts on your current target if you're not holding down your modifier.

#showtooltip Rebuke
/cast [mod:ctrl,target=focus] Rebuke; Rebuke

^ Same idea, but with your interrupt.

#showtooltip Turn Evil
/target Psyfiend
/cast Turn Evil

^ If you're using the turn evil glyph, this macro allows you to instantly target a psyfiend the moment you see a priest drop it and cast turn evil simply by spamming your turn evil key, hopefully before it casts a single psychic scream.

#showtooltip Holy Prism
/cast [target=player] Holy Prism

^ That will cast holy prism on yourself even while targeting an enemy or teammate. You could also do this by using a modifier macro like the ones above.

#showtooltip Hand of Sacrifice
/cast [target=Legolas] Hand of Sacrifice

^ If you're doing arenas with a hunter, then there's a good chance his name is Legolas. This macro will allow you cast hand of sacrifice on him without actually targeting him. You can do the same thing with other hand spells or word of glory or flash of light. You can also do this by using modifier macros.

Hope this helped you out some.

Thanks this certainly helps but for #showtooltip Rebuke
/cast [mod:ctrl,target=focus] Rebuke; Rebuke whats the point? If you can just target you're enemy and use the spell.
Edited by Néptune on 6/6/2013 8:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I was gonna call slaidrei out for that GoAK with the burst macro, but he did correct himself.

If you're afforded the luxury, obviously pop GoAK 10 seconds before burst. I'd still just keep i on a separate Keybind and not even put that in
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I was gonna call slaidrei out for that GoAK with the burst macro, but he did correct himself.

If you're afforded the luxury, obviously pop GoAK 10 seconds before burst. I'd still just keep i on a separate Keybind and not even put that in

Yeah, I have GoAK on its own separate keybind and will use it separately if I feel I have time to let it build up stacks. But a lot of the time in PvP you're just trying to capitalize on a short window of opportunity to kill a player over the next 5-6 seconds, like if his healer is stuck in a stun, in which case it's better to use GoAK immediately with the rest of your burst macro rather than not using it at all.

Thanks this certainly helps but for #showtooltip Rebuke
/cast [mod:ctrl,target=focus] Rebuke; Rebuke whats the point? If you can just target you're enemy and use the spell.

The point of that macro is to be able to use rebuke on your focus target without actually having to target him. Like say you're in WSG and you're about to attack the EFC and his healer. You target the healer and set him to be your focus target, then you target the EFC. If you're using the hammer of justice and rebuke macros I showed above, you'll be able to hold down CTRL and use hammer of justice and rebuke on the healer without having to target him again. And if you're not holding down the modifier (CTRL in this example) then it will simply use the ability on your current target, the EFC. You can change 'ctrl' to 'shift' or 'alt' if you're more comfortable with either of those. You can use modifier macros for other things as well, like if you're doing 2s again with that hunter Legolas.

#showtooltip Hand of Protection
/cast [mod:shift,target=Legolas] Hand of Protection; Hand of Protection

^ That will cast hand of protection on your arena partner if you're holding down the shift modifier key, or it will cast it on yourself if you're not holding down a modifier key at all.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]