Raiding Community Impact

100 Pandaren Monk
I know I'm not really related to or in with the Raiding side of activity on Cairne, but after seeing how much has happened to it with the 50% off realm transfer I wanted to make someplace for people to try and make the best of it. My objective here is to make a sort of Clearinghouse thread for people to find new homes or new members as needed until the dust from this event settles.

Are you a guild that is staying, or have had members leave for other servers? If so what positions in raiding are open, requirements for getting in, when do you raid,and any special requirements (add ons, specialized communications, flexibility in specs) do you have. This will help those displaced by the moves to find new homes.

Alternatively.

Are you someone who has been left behind by your guild, or just transferred to Cairne from somewhere else? Feel free to list your experiences, times available for participation, and any other significant information you feel is important.

Thank you for your time,
Xianpoo
Edited by Xianpoo on 6/8/2013 12:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I was one of the ones who transferred off...i had been on Cairne since the BC days...through its peak and i've watched it downfall. Only reason i left with the rest of EE is because i enjoy casually raiding 2-3 nights for a few hours...would have stayed if we continued to do so. Wednesday we were told we would be short a DPS and a healer. Our raid leader tried all day to fill the spot...we were prepared to carry someone 12/12...and even stated so in trade.(despite the negative comments from the usually trade trolls) through out the night we got 1 reply ..a warlock in blues/lfr gear with no gems/enchants/reforged. Mind you, this was a Wednesday at normal raid hours.

Team 1 (and a bunch of others) of Evil Empire took off after we finished clearing normal on Thursday...to a server where we would have no problem picking someone up in trade if the situation were to arise again. Sadly we weren't the only guild who decided to leave. The realm has been losing guilds since Wrath: check wowprogress..90+ 25man guilds stepped foot into ICC...whereas 33 10man guilds (0 25man guilds) have stepped into ToT.

I would have preferred just to stay on Cairne..but until blizzard decides to fix the dead servers (MERGE EM BLIZZARD!)...ill have to get my raiding "fix" on another server :( Ill still keep most of my alts on this server...really hope to see the realm pick it up again...maybe some new faces in the raiding scene..but until then i wish you all the best of luck!
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
I completely understand why people are leaving. I just want to help those of us who are stubborn, can't afford to move (either due to rl or WoW economies), or aren't really affected by moves to fill in the gaps left by those who did move. Not laying any blame or pointing fingers or wanting to get a fight going, just wanting to fix a problem.

I'd have volunteered for a pug I saw that was on Durumu the other night, but me and that boss have an...understanding. I stay away from him, I live. I rarely jump into that wing of LFR because of that, and did not want my first foray into normal raiding to be on him.
Edited by Xianpoo on 6/8/2013 10:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
I'd have volunteered for a pug I saw that was on Durumu the other night, but me and that boss have an...understanding. I stay away from him, I live. I rarely jump into that wing of LFR because of that, and did not want my first foray into normal raiding to be on him.

And we had to call it for the night...
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
06/09/2013 04:49 AMPosted by Drede

And we had to call it for the night...

The nightmares that boss have caused made me want for the days of Deathwing and the AoE'ing of tentacles.

When it comes to Normal raiding I have very low confidence as I've only done it twice outside of LFR and that was back in the DS days (once on my holy pally, the other on my mage). I do pretty good in LFR, but have only started taking an interest in the normal difficulty again, so have been reading (hadn't gotten as far as durumu at the time Bovan was asking). My hinderance before was I was pvp focused, now it is I'm solo focused.

Just to get back to the original point of this thread as it wasn't to talk about me, I'll step down that road when I get the gumption. I hope those displaced by the recent movements have found new homes.
Edited by Xianpoo on 6/9/2013 7:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
If it helps answer the question, MBoK has no plans at this time to move off the server. We have found pugging to be nearly impossible as well despite having some lucrative raid spots open. And if we have any players in our guild who are not raiding, you all are welcome to reach out to them if you are offering a spot that would make their gaming experience more fulfilling.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
leave it up to blizzard to get as much money out of their services before implementing....

New Feature: Virtual Realms
Virtual Realms are sets of realms that are fused together, and will behave exactly as if they were one cohesive realm. Players on the same Virtual Realm will be able to join guilds, access a single Auction House, join arena teams and raids, as well run dungeons or group up to complete quests.
Players belonging to the same Virtual Realm will have a (#) symbol next to their name.
Edited by Supßro on 6/13/2013 1:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
leave it up to blizzard to get as much money out of their services before implementing....

I wouldn't put too much faith in that feature.

More than likely a lot of the low population/dead realms will be lumped together. The players you'd want to actually recruit to raid from them are in most cases long gone. Some guilds might find a few diamonds in the rough, but I doubt it will help much.

Also considering it's getting harder and harder to find quality players who want to play Alliance anymore due to easier recruiting Horde side and Hordes dominate racials.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Problem with people leaving is that there isn't any raiders here worth mention.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
Virtual realms should alleviate the empty and dying realm problems by removing the key factor which causes realms to die: Population loss. Bliz has not yet announced which realms will be merged but expect it to be realms of the same type (PVE PVP RP) with low-medium population. (Creating single moderate to high pop realms.)
Edited by Havïk on 6/24/2013 9:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Rogue
Virtual realms will solve the "dying realm" issue the same way CRZ failed to solve the issue

Fixed
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
^ I see you there vulpix....
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
The reason CRZ didn't fix the issue is because it simply allowed players from different realms to see each other and compete for resources. CRZ did not get to the crux of the issue which is precipitous population loss. By allowing multiple realms to function as a single realm, virtual realms will better fix the problem. Unlike CRZ, players brought together via VR will be able to join each other's guilds, create arena groups, use a common faction AH and interact in all zones.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
I definitely see the potential for VR (Although after CRZ I'm skeptical until I see it in action), but that patch doesn't drop for a few months at best. In the mean time I wanted to help with the displacement, but it seems there wasn't as big a problem with it as I thought. Live and learn I suppose.

I do have to wonder though what this will do to realm activities. Will there still be realm first achievements or will it be VR firsts? Guess we will find out.

Not looking forward to trying to farm mats in a VR environment. Unless they keep the current content like it is now, isolated to the realm, it will become a mess of people fighting over the spawn points. But with a master AH for the VR I don't see this happening (realm isolated spawn points that is). Guess I should stock up now while I have a chance huh?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Likewise , is why I left Cairne for Area 52. Honestly the lack of activity on this server was the reason why I server transferred off this server.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I wish the best of luck to Cairne both Horde and Alliance , it'll be a shame to see this server go to the grave.
Reply Quote
14 Human Rogue
I wish the best of luck to Cairne both Horde and Alliance , it'll be a shame to see this server go to the grave.

anyone anticipate good things happening when virtual realms come?
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
07/03/2013 08:09 PMPosted by Bartello

anyone anticipate good things happening when virtual realms come?

No.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
It's going to be ugly at first I'll agree, but long term...it's better than where we are going.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]