Why we raid

90 Gnome Rogue
There's nothing like being in the raid for a first kill in your guild.

It's raid night. Everyone shows up. Things are going great. DPS is awesome. Your getting through everything with ease. Tonight may be the night you move past that boss on to the next. You have been stuck on this one for three weeks. Three weeks you have tried this! The amount of wipes are embarrassing! We wont talk numbers. It doesn't matter now anyway. Nights like this is what keep you playing. Who said this wouldn't happen again? That's it We are pass this boss on to the wall. Whats going to happen? Lordacidhate is going to log mysteriously with no warning? Mappyland is gonna vanish for 48 mins to feed and read to her cats? What? Nothing. Everyone's here! Boss fight. GM is talking. Yea we know the fight. We have done this fight so many times we know what GTFO is going to say before it says it! So why haven't we beat this yet? This is it. Ready check. Heck yea I'm ready! Here we go. Pull! It is on! Everyone knows their job and they are doing it. We have been here before and we are back again. We know this fight guys we can do this! We got this. Actually, wait? Um we do got this! First phase was a joke! We are already in second phase! Adds are down and its doing that funny dancing thing it does.

Its ok its ok we have wiped before it doesn't mean anything. We got this. Oh do we have this? This fight is so hard! There are guilds on this server that can do this fight so easy and the ones that come after it too! How? This fight is so hard! We were doing so awesome and we still wiped! Everyone ressed. Ready check. Yea sure all set lets do this! Pull Off tank is dead? What! Wait what happened? oh man this is not happening! now half of us are down wow! No no no no! This was the week! We had it! No stop!

Everyone res. We are back. attempt 3, 4, 5, 6, yea this is familiar territory now. GM says it the words i knew were coming. Ok lets give it one more shot guys and then we are gonna call it.

Last attempt, great whats the point. Lets just call it now. Cant believe we didn't get it. Freaking not gonna get it this time. Ok last attempt everyone's still here. Don't get to do this again till next week just do everything again that's all you can do.

Pull. everything's fine. Its going good. Avoid the aoe. Do your part. Keep the pressure on the boss. Through first phase. Everyone's still up. Wait all still up through phase one? That hasnt happened before. So what just focus there's 2 more phases.

Its happening. Don't lose focus. Yes its almost dead but anything could go wrong. Everyone is still up and its almost dead but just keep doing your part. Don't stop.

Third phase! Everyone is still up! we haven't even got this far before and everyone is still up even! What is going on! Ok it is going to happen how could it not? No focus its not dead yet! Oh wait now it is!!!

Boom! the boss dies the achieve spams in guild for anyone in guild to see the raid team has done it! That boss is dead! The folks on the raid team beat that boss! You were there! Your not even thinking about that!

All at once vent is alive! Everyone hits their mic at the same time! Woo! Yea!! Fraaakkk!! OMG!!! There it is!!! Yes!!! Oh thank god!!!

It happpend, on the last attempt late night we were destined to wipe but we didn't. Do we clear trash and try the next boss? Has anyone even watched the Vid on Fatboss? I think we are going to call it here guys. Colobusmonkey has to log. But Wow this was really incredible! Knights who eat Spam rulez!!! KWS!!!

Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Very well said... totally agree
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
06/08/2013 04:24 AMPosted by Mable
Its happening.

http://imgur.com/r/ronpaulshops/vwMin
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Mable, that is awesome!!! Congrats to you and your guild for going for it!!!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Congrats Mable, and team. The second best feeling is when you either 1 shot or get it on the 2nd attempt next week.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Well said indeed! Was your title "Why we raid" based off the World War II book "Why we fight" by Peter Pappas?

I noticed a lot of times when Cretins and other guilds I pugged with when I pve raided many moons ago, when all hope was lost and those words "one more time and we call it" came out, that last attempt was the one that did it. Reminds me of the time when we did Malygos, and those damn drakes we had to control in order to kill him in last phase was a !@#$%. But when we killed him there was this few seconds of silence when the achiev popped up and suddenly a roar over vent. Good times.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
That...is awesome...Wow..
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
Well said indeed! Was your title "Why we raid" based off the World War II book "Why we fight" by Peter Pappas?

No Im not familuar with that one. I didn't think long on the title really. Just called it that when I was done.

Thanks everyone for your kind words glad you liked my small commentary about raiding. This was an attempt to describe what that great feeling is like when you beat a boss with your guildies for the first time.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I think calling this an attempt is an understatement if there ever was such a critter. =0)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
WTG Mable et al
Reply Quote
69 Worgen Druid
WTF
Reply Quote
KEK!! We AR AM REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL LITTTTLE!!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
PVE Conversations?!

KEK!! We AR AM REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL LITTTTLE!!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!

Dat gnome....

P.S. - Grats! It's been awhile since I've killed dragons and such, but I do remember the feeling fondly.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Sticky this MOFO
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Wonderful writing. You captured that "it was the last pull of the night..." feeling so very well. And damn but don't that feel good.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I posted this to the main forums...quickly to be disposed of under mount retarded.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]