What happened

90 Gnome Mage
Haven't logged on for a few months and happened to notice this server seems like a ghost town. Where's everyone at?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I transferred all of my toons away except for this one. A lot of people just left entirely. Not really sure why.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Arc
u scared everyone away with that gnome face
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Wow subscriptions are declining and so it has been more difficult to fill raid rosters. Several guilds (relic raiders of azeroth, dodge this, etc) have transferred to other servers with more active raiding in hopes to fill a progression group. Another cause is that MOP raiding has been much more challenging than cata raiding so the PUG scene has been almost non existent. The introduction of flexible raiding in 5.4 (along with openraid.us group finding) will hopefully fix this. Soulmates has two 10M groups (2/13H and 11/12N) and are looking to get a third going so let us know if you wanna check things out and we can toss you a ginvite.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
If you look at the two guilds that transferred, it does not seem that switching to a more progressed/high pop server helped them at all. They either fell apart as in Relics case, or are only 3/12 on reg.

I do not think most of these issues are unique to gnomeregan as many like to claim it is. Sure it will be different on Illidan but issues we face are faced many other servers. Azuremyst, the server where my guild was from was much more progressed than gnomer when we transferred during wrath and the population was more than double of gnomer. Azuremyst still has a larger population but its progression is below gnomer's.

Maybe flexible raiding will add something back to the game that it has been missing for a long time. It has lost some of its "charm" for me since Cata.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Wow subscriptions are declining and so it has been more difficult to fill raid rosters. Several guilds (relic raiders of azeroth, dodge this, etc) have transferred to other servers with more active raiding in hopes to fill a progression group. Another cause is that MOP raiding has been much more challenging than cata raiding so the PUG scene has been almost non existent. The introduction of flexible raiding in 5.4 (along with openraid.us group finding) will hopefully fix this. Soulmates has two 10M groups (2/13H and 11/12N) and are looking to get a third going so let us know if you wanna check things out and we can toss you a ginvite.

Hi Levix, I would like to check things out with your guild. I am a 510 assassination/Sub rogue that has been pugging around with Defiance raid groups but looking for a more permanent place to raid. I Used to raid with a consistent 10 man with my current guild but life happened. I also have a healer friend that raids as a disc priest as well. If you still have openings and would like to give us a try let me know? Thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Blades - sure thing, hit me up in game and we can chat more.

Taeyang - Dodge This just left like 2 weeks ago so it is too early to say if it will help them. Not sure what happened to Relic, but a few of them have transferred back to gnomer recently so there is something to be said about the community we have here. I am excited about flex raiding mainly because it will support cross realm groups. I have been growing my realid friends list with quality players via openraid groups and it will be so much more fun to gear up alts using this network than LFR or trying to scrounge a PUG together on server.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
We transferred with 15 people at the end of wrath because we were not able to find quality players on our server which had a higher pop. We were stuck on LK on our server and we were able to kill it here within the first 2 weeks and that was with 10 people that we recruited from this server.

Server transferring does fix some issues but it certainly creates its own. If the guild does not have the discipline and quality players in the first place, the problems will follow regardless of what server one is on.

I think people on this server have a self-fulfilling prophecy. Many people are much more content on complaining and not wanting to do anything but complain.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Arc
gnomer

http://oi39.tinypic.com/2lih9g7.jpg
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
Come to goldshire, I'll show you sum fun.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I can post on the forums again!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Arc
wooooo
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
this place hassnt always been tumbleweeds and dusty old houses, but as quiet as it is i like it. ive been on gnomer my whole wow life and its given me a lotta time to explore and study the lore, which is why i started playing as it is. but yeah our guild is trying to get a core raiding group together also, not sure about what this "virtual guild" thing in 5.4 will do, but it may help.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Thanks Levix. We've had issues bringing enough raiders over and finding new ones to really get things going thus far. However, this is beginning to change already. Dodge This happens to be very motivated to get a core going again and we believe this switch is very much for the better. Summer also has contributed to the timeliness of some of our folks as we're obviously thin from a depth chart perspective. These are normal issues we've all dealt with on all servers.

Fundamentally, Dodge This has also maintained a priority for multiple groups raiding which protects us from any one/small group who has RL issues and has to leave game. Hence, our model takes longer to build to 2+ groups and proceed effectively. In the long run, I personally believe it promotes internal protection of our raiders and promotes consistent strat effectiveness across our entire raider pool. This guld philosophy requires a large raiding pool to win our own marketshare of raiders thus the move to a larger server. This is a philosophy statement and nothing more.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I reupped for a month yesterday for the lulz.

HAI FRANKWHITE

GUILDS DIE PUGS LAST FOREVER LMAO

(i miss all you old farts - bring back BC)
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
I canceled a few months ago to play heart of the swarm full time. I got a free week I used a couple days ago. It does seem like a ghost town. Fatal Nemesis and Dragonblight are pretty empty, Relic Raiders transfered. More cross realm stuff would definitely be great for this game. Cross realm challenge modes were amazing. I've lost the excitement I once had over the game though. I think a new game is in order. I wish Titan had not been further delayed.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I canceled a few months ago to play heart of the swarm full time. I got a free week I used a couple days ago. It does seem like a ghost town. Fatal Nemesis and Dragonblight are pretty empty, Relic Raiders transfered. More cross realm stuff would definitely be great for this game. Cross realm challenge modes were amazing. I've lost the excitement I once had over the game though. I think a new game is in order. I wish Titan had not been further delayed.

I bought SC and D3, played D3 through the lowest setting, got bored and stopped.
Have never even installed SC - should probably get on that.

You're right about the excitement being gone - it's lost its luster that it once had. I think they've just tried to be too many things to too many people in the goal of attracting more people to sub.

Gimik, do you remember how MAD you got at me when DB beat Archi for the first time and Frank and I decided the two of us would award the first T6 helms to ourselves? Man, you were SO angry!

FYI: Frank and I sat there discussing it forever and decided to troll everyone.

And hey, at least we didn't cheat like Metem did. LOL metem.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
I epic I or gtfo
Reply Quote
84 Night Elf Hunter
Im on Aerie Peak playing solo on my rdruid and bored as hell. Where the hell are YOU at?
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Wow's Dead. :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]