Relic of Xuen worth it?

90 Blood Elf Paladin

well the thing of xuens vs the feather is that feather is a drop and xuens is a BoE.

its a very good BoE for its ilevel and if you can't GET the feather/spark to drop it will stand you in very good stead.
Let's see...

8k+ gold vs 1750 honor until I get feather to drop

I think I'll go with 1750 honor.

I'm quite confident I could earn 1750 honor faster than I could earn 8k gold. I'm much less confident that I could do ten runs of Forgotten Depths (roll + coin on Ji-Kun, 15% chance of loot, 3 items on loot table = two 5% chances per week, thus an average of ten weeks to get Feather) in less time /played than it would take to earn 8k gold.

But at that point, I'm inclined to think Brutal Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault might outperform both - it procs slightly more often than Feather, and Feather's buff is weaker for most of its duration.
Edited by Ravicana on 6/8/2013 1:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Let's see...

I'm quite confident I could earn 1750 honor faster than I could earn 8k gold. I'm much less confident that I could do ten runs of Forgotten Depths (roll + coin on Ji-Kun, 15% chance of loot, 3 items on loot table = two 5% chances per week, thus an average of ten weeks to get Feather) in less time /played than it would take to earn 8k gold.

But at that point, I'm inclined to think Brutal Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault might outperform both - it procs slightly more often than Feather, and Feather's buff is weaker for most of its duration.

Ive been testing all sorts of PvE trinkets and Ive found that the Shado-Pan trinket has quite a bit of stats on it but a horrible proc rate.

The sheer fact that it dosen't proc alot makes the extra stats even when upgraded pretty bad.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It has a 75s ICD, which is pretty long, but the Feather is only .616 RPPM, and a 22s ICD (and since RPPM proc chances cap after 10 seconds without a roll, that means an extra 12s per cycle). Even with 20% haste, that's still an average of ~93s between procs.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It has a 75s ICD, which is pretty long, but the Feather is only .616 RPPM, and a 22s ICD (and since RPPM proc chances cap after 10 seconds without a roll, that means an extra 12s per cycle). Even with 20% haste, that's still an average of ~93s between procs.

I have no idea about this RPPM stuff they use now but no pally should have over 15% haste in pvp, I'm as haste reforged as possible and gemming haste/str in yellows and I'm only at 15%
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Right, which means Feather will proc slightly less than that with realistic amounts of haste.
Edited by Ravicana on 6/8/2013 5:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
<----has over 15% haste without gems.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

because you're using a brutal talisman that isn't scaled down yet because you're not in arenas. Also you're at 15.94.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
You can get well over 15% haste if you use 4T15, which is interesting but I don't know if it's actually better. I've been playing with it this week, but I don't think it really fits the way I play, and that level of haste still doesn't make feather or spark proc at anything approaching a decent rate.

Feather's proc rate with low haste is abysmal, it's amazing if you ever get a proc, but it feels like you're sitting around letting kills walk away because you're waiting to use CDs for the damn thing to come up.

Xuen and Talisman are both really reliable in terms of proccing fairly soon after their ICD is up, and their proc value/duration both pretty much equally reflect their ICD... talisman lasts a super long, but the base strength on Xuen feels more useful.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Let's see...

75 second ICD. Worse than PvP trinket.
Relic is 10000% times better.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
I run with relic and medallion on ret, recommend it.
Hell, thanks to desecrated ground on my dk I run with relic and the pvp proc trinket.
The burst pvp trinket is rubbish.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
30 sec duration for 6600 strength isn't bad - and I get more haste out of it. The Relic seems like a lot of trouble (and money) for possibly a marginal increase in strength.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

because you're using a brutal talisman that isn't scaled down yet because you're not in arenas. Also you're at 15.94.

Still over 15% -and this isn't even my final form.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]