So I feel like I get my face smashed in

93 Blood Elf Paladin
Tanked a good bit back in Wrath. Very little in Cata. Playing my hunter mostly in MoP. Decided to start playing my pally again to do some tanking and I feel like I'm getting my faced hammered in hard core. Even in LFRs. I'm getting smashed. What am I missing for prot pallys in MoP. I pretty much try to follow askmrrobot as far as gems, chants, reforges. But still feel squishy. Would like to get some help if you guys don't mind as I am about to start tanking an alt team. Thanx in advance.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
06/05/2013 08:23 AMPosted by Keynlen
I pretty much try to follow askmrrobot as far as gems, chants, reforges.

Probably your problem right there. If it's having you stack stam, you're losing out on ton of haste - <5% is not enough to be appreciable for survival. Haste's benefit as a survival stat is in increasing your Holy Power generation, and 5% is not going to do much towards that end; would recommend dropping the Guardian purples for Wicked oranges, and replace the Solids with more Forcefuls.

Also, I see Glyph of Seal of Blood - are you tanking with Truth or Insight? Insight is passive heals, which boosts survival.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Well, you have a ton more stamina than you need for the content you're doing (which is why using AMR's default setup is bad), but the most likely issue is going to be play problems. Have you read the Prot guide here?
Reply Quote
93 Blood Elf Paladin
Also, I see Glyph of Seal of Blood - are you tanking with Truth or Insight? Insight is passive heals, which boosts survival.

I usually tank with truth. But will change all the things to see how it does for me.

Have you read the Prot guide here?

I have read some of it when I get time at work. I feel as though I have alot of dead time when playing though. Like GCDs that I have nothing to do. I assume this is where the extra haste is going to come in.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Haste does reduce downtime quite a bit, yes. But definitely give the guide a good read-through when you can.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]