Question about transfers

80 Pandaren Monk
Hello!

We are a group of people, 2 guilds actually that are looking to leave our current servers. Both servers are dead and we want to find a new home that is more active for us. Most of us are members of both guilds, with our officers running in each raid core and so we are looking for a good server to transfer to where we can not only continue raiding but have a great group of players to recruit from. We are open to horde or ally as one guild is horde and the other ally. As the representative of the guilds I am here to ask about this server. I've scanned the forums and you seem to have some great players but what I'd like to know is how friendly and open is Turalyon to guild transfers and how hard is it to recruit players. With our 2 teams combining we'd most likely be going 25 man but would need a few to flesh out the roster. Any info someone could give me would be greatly appreciated and thank you so much for reading this!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
In terms of overall friendliness and environment, Turalyon is a great server. As far as recruiting on-server though, it's probably not your best bet. Our population doesn't really support the number of semi-hardcore guilds we have, so most guilds tend to go off-server for their recruitment needs, with the few qualified apps on-server getting snapped up pretty quickly. Others may have a different perception, but that's just been my experience as a recruiting officer of a 25 man guild.

That said, I've been here since 2006 and I still love this server. I would honestly rather be here and recruit off-server than be on any other server. In any case, it's always nice to see new faces, so if you guys do end up making Turalyon your home, come say hi!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Don't listen to her, she doesn't know what she's talking about!

Kidding. What she said is pretty much spot on. The server is pretty friendly, very few drama issues among guilds, on-server recruitment is rather slim these days though. It might be more slim for Alliance than Horde, but for the most part the majority (re: about 90%) of our applicants have been off-server.

The good thing is, if your raid times line up properly, you might even be able to get some people on their semi/geared alts that come from the higher guilds. I know we have a few people who do raids on their alts in other groups.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Hello!

What she said is pretty much spot on

I x-fered here awhile ago and really like it. I have only ran into 1-2 bad apples but over all the community is friendly and sociable.
Reply Quote
Come to either faction but don't burn bridges... as burning 1 bridge may burn 5. We are all close knit and the upper core of the upper guilds know and help each other whenever possible. To give you an idea of recruitment, we lost a tank in our 10m, it has been 4 weeks and we have yet to get a decent app from server, however as Prom stated, we have had a good friend from another guild come on his alt that he has wanted to gear up for his current raids needs. He filled a vital role during our recruitment whilst getting geared up serving both guilds needs. That is Turalyon at its core.

All of us raid leaders and guild leaders do our best to bring solid talent to this server on a regular basis. We are America... a conglomerate of immigrants (I originated on Warsong back in 2004, Blackhand in 2007, and then here)

Start the transfers and have fun on the best low/medium pop raiding server there is
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
You guys still looking for that tank? What nights do you raid, I'll look around and see what I can do for you.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Hey, GM/RL of Inept here, just popping in to reinforce what my fellow guild leaders/officers have told you. Turalyon is a great server, the 25 man raid scene can have its battle for players, but normally if you try hard enough you'll get by. good luck!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
KAZ, Y U NO KILL BOSSES, CATCH UP?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
This is a great thread. Its nice to see people out there supporting each other.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
sry prom :(, we hit a snag in our roster and had to recruit A LOT of undergeared people, working on catching them up.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
06/09/2013 08:23 PMPosted by Ruoshi
In terms of overall friendliness and environment, Turalyon is a great server.

I don't know about that, I was called a "stalker" and denied membership for some random reason when I asked about a "casual, non raiding" spot in one of the guilds here for an alt of mine.

I won't name names but it kind of left a bad taste in my mouth, when I had otherwise heard good things about the server.
Edited by Stygìan on 6/10/2013 8:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
My guild has not been on server for that long, but we have found it a very pleasant place to be. The population is pretty good, and for the most part the horde/ally ratio is fairly balanced throughout the day.

Recruiting is a bit rough as my guild has found out (lost a majority of the roster halfway through the tier) but I have not had that much trouble selling the server to potential recruits. The economy is good for the most part, and you can usually find something to do in trade chat at peak hours of the day.

If you are looking for PvP this probably is not the server for you. RBG groups and skilled arena partners are lacking. :P

-Elbareth GM of Fish Tank
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I came here last week and I love it so far. I think the people are great, and the sides seem really balanced. Its a dang good server imo.
Reply Quote
You guys still looking for that tank? What nights do you raid, I'll look around and see what I can do for you.

I found a very skilled and well geared 11/12 Bear today, If it works out we should be set. But thanks to Daybreak for the use of their alts
Reply Quote

I don't know about that, I was called a "stalker" and denied membership for some random reason when I asked about a "casual, non raiding" spot in one of the guilds here for an alt of mine.

I won't name names but it kind of left a bad taste in my mouth, when I had otherwise heard good things about the server.

Generalized contrived drivel.... Without naming a guild for new people to avoid, and generalizing all the realm from your one perceived bad encounter leaves me thinking this post is nothing short of trolling, and has been reported as such
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
06/11/2013 10:32 AMPosted by Bedivere

I found a very skilled and well geared 11/12 Bear today, If it works out we should be set. But thanks to Daybreak for the use of their alts

Bears make for very good 10m tanks!

Generalized contrived drivel.... Without naming a guild for new people to avoid, and generalizing all the realm from your one perceived bad encounter leaves me thinking this post is nothing short of trolling, and has been reported as such

I hate to say it, but this isn't a troll. I'm sad that it happened to someone, and personally think that the parties involved could have done something in a different manner than how it was executed.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

Unfortunately what Stygìan said was true and not trolling. In posting this reply I am outing the guild in question. While very embarrassed about it, we have resolved the issue with Stygìan, and the person responsible for the comment has been torn a new a-hole.
Reply Quote
Well it is always good to see conflict resolution.... and my comment was strictly in defense of the realm! =)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Just wanted to add that since the misunderstanding has been resolved, Rampage has been nothing but kind and welcoming to me. I'm glad to be a part of their guild, even if it is just on a lowbie alt. :)
Edited by Stygìan on 6/12/2013 11:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
We lurves us some lowbie alts <3
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]