3 AVs in a row

90 Blood Elf Paladin
AV or IoC it doesn't matter. Both of these 40man bgs have absurdly high rates. These are the only bgs where I can get 3 in a row. I don't get 3 in a row in any other bgs. I also just did 13 bgs and got 6 AV. That is basically 50%.

This is not random.

Part of the problem is that we can only blacklist 2. Increase this to 3. The other reason is that I'm working on the achieves in AV and IoC while I am done with SoTa so I blacklist Sota and either AV or IoC. I could tolerate them once in awhile, but when it comes up this often through randoms then it is a problem because you only get conquest through randoms.

Are people specifically queuing for this or is there something wrong?

Another piece of trivia. Average duration of AV is 10 minutes. 80 people in one bg and it's over in 10 minutes. I have no idea why this is considered a good idea. With this many you expect an epic big battle that would at least last 30 to 45 minutes, but no.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
06/09/2013 05:13 PMPosted by Positron
I could tolerate them once in awhile, but when it comes up this often through randoms then it is a problem because you only get conquest through randoms.

Its because so many horde blacklist them, that the game will just pull whatever horde was foolish enough not to blacklist them into the battleground.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Another piece of trivia. Average duration of AV is 10 minutes. 80 people in one bg and it's over in 10 minutes. I have no idea why this is considered a good idea. With this many you expect an epic big battle that would at least last 30 to 45 minutes, but no.

Because many players don't seem to want a decent fight. You should just give in, and ride straight north (do not stop for anything) and cap aid station. Will make those last wins much easier to come by.
Then spend time getting All-Star (which may not be that hard actually, if you get the right type of fight).

Unfortunately, in a sense it is random (though I think there is a draw to the larger BGs, for some reason). You could flip a coin 500 times and get heads 500 times in a row. Still random though. Just annoying.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
06/09/2013 05:18 PMPosted by Kwizzlix
I could tolerate them once in awhile, but when it comes up this often through randoms then it is a problem because you only get conquest through randoms.

Its because so many horde blacklist them, that the game will just pull whatever horde was foolish enough not to blacklist them into the battleground.

You did read the part I said both AV and IoC?

That still doesn't explain why it comes up so often though.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock

They're free honor for the Alliance. Thus, Alliance always queue for them, and Horde rarely do.

If there are Horde that don't have one of the two blacklisted, they're pretty much always pulled into those queues.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
06/09/2013 05:22 PMPosted by Positron

Actually it does explain why you're getting into them a lot.

A VERY large number of Horde players blacklist both AV and IOC (myself included). Alliance players LOVE AV/IOC and that's also where a lot of Alliance HK Farm premades like to play. So on any given day there is usually a huge demand for Horde players to fill those AV/IOC games. Therefore when you queue random WITHOUT those two blacklisted, there's a very large % chance you're going to get one or the other.

tl;dr Blacklist AV/IOC as Horde. If you don't, you're going to spend all day in those battlegrounds.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
06/09/2013 05:13 PMPosted by Positron
This is not random.

actually it is still random, you have a 1:11(9) chance of getting any of the bgs available. just because you completed AV does not make the odds of getting it any less than 1:11(9).

i do agree that it sucks getting same bgs back to back, and i would like to see a 15-30 min? lock out on a bg when using the random function, should be enough time for most ppl to avoid back to back AVs etc.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
06/09/2013 05:57 PMPosted by Kritkat
This is not random.

actually it is still random, you have a 1:11(9) chance of getting any of the bgs available. just because you completed AV does not make the odds of getting it any less than 1:11(9).

i do agree that it sucks getting same bgs back to back, and i would like to see a 15-30 min? lock out on a bg when using the random function, should be enough time for most ppl to avoid back to back AVs etc.

Technically this is true, but as mentioned due to the large percentage of horde that blacklist IoC and AV, the chances are really much higher than that. I don't have any concrete numbers to back it a couple weeks back my brother had unblacklisted them and we had AV/IoC for 8/10 bgs we did.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I love AV and IoC. I just have to blacklist them or I get no variety. 8/10 AVs / IoCs and 2 SOTA. I hate to blacklist any of them, and I wouldn't if it was really a 1/11 chance for each one.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
Try to be alliances, I want to blacklist all bgs, except AV/IoC, but I can't. I have to play other bgs with you. The only bonus to the alliances on random bgs is instant queue. AV/IoC CTA is around 10 to 15 minutes wait time.

Hordes can win AV/IoC, they didn't do something that are "important". When they do, they usually win.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't understand why there is such a discrepancy between factions. My win/loss isn't stellar on other bgs. Out of those 13 I did it came to be 50% win.

I would blacklist AV/IoC, but I'm still working on achieves since I have Sota done. I would blacklist all 3 if I can.

I think the best solution is to make the 40mans separate. There's really no good reason why such a big bg should be treated the same as smaller sizes with different playstyles.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
06/09/2013 05:57 PMPosted by Kritkat
This is not random.

This is not true. You can not assume a linear probability distribution. There are players that queue for specific battlegrounds only.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
06/09/2013 08:49 PMPosted by Positron
don't understand why there is such a discrepancy between factions.

Horde is currently suffering from a severe case of defeatist attitude perpetrated by a Hive Mind mentality.

06/09/2013 08:49 PMPosted by Positron
I think the best solution is to make the 40mans separate.

Something that Blizzard is apparently considering, it would include Wintergrasp and Tol Barad too.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]