[PvE] Hunter hotfix concerns

90 Blood Elf Hunter
I am so angry right now I don't even know what to say. First off I don't PvP so I could care less if hunters are actually competitive now and have to be nerfed because hunters can't be good at PvP. They do a slight nerf to one ability that only one spec uses, BM - Blink Strike, then because that change buffs Stampede too much, they put another fix in that totally screws over MM.

Its like they don't even think about all the specs when they change something. In fact I'm pretty sure they think hunters are all BM, thats why we have so many pet abilities in the first place.

I want my 2 min buffs back for soloing and I want casted Aimed Shot as standard for MM like I've been playing!!!

They better fix this !@#$ next expansion. I dont even know if Im going to play my hunter anymore, it was already mediocre in PvE and now its even worse and I cant play my favorite spec and be only slightly more mediocre. Stupid Blizzard.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
There was no point in nerfing Stamped, or at least its dmg.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
BM Hunters need to be fundamentally gutted- they should have nowhere near the combination of control, damage, and cc immunity that they have in the current arena patch. BM used to be tolerable because, despite how ridicuous the giant red angry hunters were, they could not cc chain a team into oblivion- now they can take down anyone with low cooldown, ranged, instant CC's on a healer without even using offensive cooldowns themselves.

It's absolutely atrocious

edit- in regards to the obvious pve focus here, I have nothing against giving BM the damage it needs to compete, but it should not have access to even 1/3 of the control it currently does (Physical disengage root and Scatter/Silencing Shot would in some combination need to be reworked or removed altogether)
Edited by Carrymex on 6/10/2013 5:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
edit- in regards to the obvious pve focus here, I have nothing against giving BM the damage it needs to compete, but it should not have access to even 1/3 of the control it currently does (Physical disengage root and Scatter/Silencing Shot would in some combination need to be reworked or removed altogether)

This is all hunters specs good god do you guys you don't you don't care.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Does anyone know where the class designers go in between expansions?
Reply Quote
91 Troll Warlock
This is just like rets, and just like enh. They bake more and more damage into one area and it causes imba issues. We have so many abilities for each spec with weak areas like serpent sting, censure, flame shock, ect just to mention the passive dots and not the under-performing rotational hits. Why can't damage go in those? Multi-dotting? Just lower the % of serpent spread again if needed for SV and that shouldn't be an issue.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Does anyone feel like we had this conversation in cataclysm with rouges?

also I think they just need to trash hunters and restart the idea behind them...because MM is so dreadfully ignored, Survival seems like its sneaking around nerfs and buffs, and BM is being tossed around like Hot potato.

I want hunters to be able to play, pet-less, but in a sensible fashion, MM really dosen't need a pet... and from what I played of it feels like it needs to be a turret spec, Survival needs to do what it says it's for...SURVIVE... it dosen't really do survival well even with a pet, and Beast mastery needs to be put into a situation where it can be masterful and powerful but only in those who use it correctly and not have a one button smash fest while the rest of your attacks are used to dodge for 5 mins...

(BTW i haven't played my hunter in 5.3 because I didn't want to play her anymore so some of this is based off of 5.2 knowledge and what I've read here.)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Growl will not be taken away... Only special pet skills.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
All you mouth breathing mongoloids need to stop circle jerking about your internet dragons and realize that the only part of this game that takes a modicum of skill is currently overrun with 1500 hunters skyrocketing rating at unprecedented levels.

Hunters need to be nerfed. They need massive, sweeping nerfs to their damage and cc. If they were a building, the ground floor would be so close to the ceiling that you'd need to crawl around on all fours (though I doubt this would be a problem as you idiots have likely never bothered to learn to walk). The fact that you complain about incredibly minor nerfs to PvE while hunters are, if anything, being buffed in PvP makes me simultaneously shake with rage and weep for the state of humanity.

Please, for once in your miserable, tunneling lives, consider the plight of arena players who are being blink striked, arcane shotted, and stampeded out of every bracket by merciless hunter overlords. You have the chance to take action. You have the chance to confess to the ridiculous state of your class, fall on your swords, and cease the spouting of your specious red herring and slippery slope fallacies. If you refuse, the other 10 classes could soon be "hunted" out of existence.

You realize that the number of people participating in arenas in any fashion is less than the number of people raiding...

Not saying that your tiny little corner of WoW doesn't deserve any attention but get some perspective please.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
The blink strike change I could see coming. It was pretty op while testing it in arenas. The stampede nerf, however, is utterly ridiculous. Not only is it easy to counter in arenas already, the damage from it is pretty manageable. Stampede was not what needed nerfed in PvP and could have serious implications in PvE play-style.

Not happy about this change at all. No PTR to even test these changes.

/sad
Reply Quote
70 Blood Elf Death Knight
For hunters (and rouges and mages) they really should looking at making either a spec specifically for pvp, or making them have pvp and pve differentials so they don't pull drastically high dps in a pvp situation but have control and in pve they can keep high-medium sustained damage while fighting a raid boss...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
The damage stampede does as non-bm specs is already negligible, this is just going to make it worse but whatever. What I'm worried about is if they are still going to give their utility buffs to people in your group (5% crit, 5% mastery, etc with a well stacked stable). I haven't completely given up hope because of "Hunter Pets summoned by Stampede now only use auto-attacks against their target."

If that proves to not be the case though, what is the point of stampede? I thought a 5 minute cooldown to get an average dps buff for 45 sec was pretty reasonable but maybe not. Going to put our new ability on the same joke level as camouflage in PvE (Our awesome new spells at 85 & 87...)
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
All you mouth breathing mongoloids need to stop circle jerking about your internet dragons and realize that the only part of this game that takes a modicum of skill is currently overrun with 1500 hunters skyrocketing rating at unprecedented levels.

Hunters need to be nerfed. They need massive, sweeping nerfs to their damage and cc. If they were a building, the ground floor would be so close to the ceiling that you'd need to crawl around on all fours (though I doubt this would be a problem as you idiots have likely never bothered to learn to walk). The fact that you complain about incredibly minor nerfs to PvE while hunters are, if anything, being buffed in PvP makes me simultaneously shake with rage and weep for the state of humanity.

Please, for once in your miserable, tunneling lives, consider the plight of arena players who are being blink striked, arcane shotted, and stampeded out of every bracket by merciless hunter overlords. You have the chance to take action. You have the chance to confess to the ridiculous state of your class, fall on your swords, and cease the spouting of your specious red herring and slippery slope fallacies. If you refuse, the other 10 classes could soon be "hunted" out of existence.

WoW Butthurt Report Form

Date and time you experienced butthurt ________________________

Please describe the nature of the butthurt. (check all that may apply)

[ ] got beat in arenas
[ ] got beat in a random battleground
[ ] got outperformed in my guilds raid group
[ ] got outperformed in LFR
[ ] class beat mine in a duel
[ ] Other

Please tell us more about the incident of butthurt. please pick yes or no

[Y] [N] were there tears?
[Y] [N] was there permanent mental scarring?
[Y] [N] was there sleep lost?
[Y] [N] did you miss work or arrive late to work due to butthurt?
[Y] [N] were you forced to employ a coping mechanism such as turning off your computer and going outside for a while?

Please tell us about the person who caused the butthurt

Class __________
Spec __________
Group Composition ___________________
Abilities used that caused the butthurt _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

upon completion sign your name with your class and spec then submit this form to WoWbutthurtbrigade.org
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Everyone could see that hunters were going to get PvP nerfs. They got off light.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
The best option would be to lower the CD on stampede as it effectively does nothing in PVE anymore and should now be affected by readiness.
Edited by Chimecho on 6/11/2013 1:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Stampede now basically does the damage of Dire Beast. It's now in the position that Feral Spirit was for Enhancement in Cataclysm in that it's a "DPS loss to press this button unless literally nothing else can be used."

The ability wasn't just nerfed. It was entirely gutted and basically doesn't even need to exist. It's not worth the button press with the current numbers after removing Basic Attacks and Rabid. PvE Hunters will be dropping it off their bars entirely.

This is a second expansion where every single new thing we got is useless or was replaced.
Edited by Bullettime on 6/11/2013 1:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
As a PVE Hunter I am getting very frustrated. Just run down all the changes/nerfs to hunters this xpac. We have been tinkered with constantly. How many of those changes were brought on by PVE? How many of those changes were brought on by PVP QQ?

The problem with PVP QQ is it's political, not scientific. If enough people ask for it they will buff or nerf whatever spec. Reality doesn't matter, it's all opinion.

In PVE we have had constant changes to our specs and quality of life to appease the PVP community. At some point you have to just tell the PVPers to suck it up until next xpac.

My other concern is the removal of all burst from the hunter class. We have been compensated with steady damage output and the ability to dps on the move. The problem I see with this is when we are CCed (in a PVE environment) or otherwise dealing with mechanics. Our damage slowly goes down throughout a fight as different things cause us to stop our rotation. Once that damage is gone we can never get it back. My overall DPS on most fights starts high and slowly declines until it finds a floor. It would be better gameplay if hunters could strategically raise their dps when it is most needed. BM sort of can by a small amount. Survival has the weakest kit of damage cooldowns of any class I've played.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
06/11/2013 02:00 AMPosted by Zaitzev
How many of those changes were brought on by PVE?

Blizzard almost never nerfs damage for the sake of PVE -- specific abilities on specific mechanics, however, are often for either QOL or due to it breaking the mechanic (such as Revival no longer dispelling Ionization, or Warrior abilities for Ring of Anima [no longer leap out]).
Edited by Cyous on 6/11/2013 3:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
WoW Butthurt Report Form

Date and time you experienced butthurt ________________________

Please describe the nature of the butthurt. (check all that may apply)

[ ] got beat in arenas
[ ] got beat in a random battleground
[ ] got outperformed in my guilds raid group
[ ] got outperformed in LFR
[ ] class beat mine in a duel
[ ] Other

Please tell us more about the incident of butthurt. please pick yes or no

[Y] [N] were there tears?
[Y] [N] was there permanent mental scarring?
[Y] [N] was there sleep lost?
[Y] [N] did you miss work or arrive late to work due to butthurt?
[Y] [N] were you forced to employ a coping mechanism such as turning off your computer and going outside for a while?

Please tell us about the person who caused the butthurt

Class __________
Spec __________
Group Composition ___________________
Abilities used that caused the butthurt _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

upon completion sign your name with your class and spec then submit this form to WoWbutthurtbrigade.org

I wish i could send it to the people that /w me every time I BG/WorldPVP :D
Edited by Blazgrim on 6/11/2013 3:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]