4) http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3530353936

5) http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4015164129

6) http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4254456843

7) http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4887629101

8) http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5870797185

9) http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6202181753

10) http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794982481

11) http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7811481850

Well hello there and welcome to the 12th installment of this fantastic thread! This thread is for those stories that the many healers in this game have experienced and as such is intended to vent one's frustrations. So let's here some stories, fellow sparkly-hand awesome people.

Fun fact, I transferred to Hyjal.
90 Tauren Priest

BUFFEH! :O

Anyway, was healing a dungeon earlier today and got a DK tank who was in purples and blues. I could heal him just fine, so I didn't have any complaints.

The issue came with the Mage who was pulling over 100k dps and constantly berating the tank for not keeping aggro. He and the warlock he grouped with were constantly douching it up the entire dungeon. :\
90 Pandaren Shaman
One time I got called a baddie for having a prot/holy paladin. The hunter insisted that he could solo the whole place, but got mad when I didn't heal him >.> Then he told me I was wasting everyone's time by not DPSing (at the time I was ilvl 450-something). I told him he was wasting time by pulling extra trash and wiping the group. Apparently, that logic did not fly.
Edited by Ffraid on 6/10/2013 1:32 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Priest
Incoming wall-o-text...

It's a running joke in my guild that I always get the bad groups in lfr or rdf... I'm learning to just leave when I get them, but sometimes I must be feeling particularly masochistic because I take them to the end.

A guildie of mine has always been annoyed with how I gem and reforge, so I finally gave in and let him regem and reforge Shal here. He wanted me to reforge out of some of my spirit (!)... Between that and the recent changes to disc, I decided I wanted to run a few dungeons to see what effect it all had on my healing. For some reason I couldn't get him to understand it would be a better test for him to tank (because I know what it feels like to heal him) than to see how healing felt with a random PUG I have never healed before, so he went on his hunter.

We got Shado-Pan Monastery, with a newly 90 warrior... I zone in and he says something like, "OH! Can I pull big?" and proceeds to pull big without waiting for an answer. He had 100K less health than I. I didn't even get to say I was testing gear changes. He pulled the first warden, the group of channeling shado-pan, and the second warden, all at once. But he didn't move to the channeling group- he just let them range us and caused lots of party-wide damage. I finally paused healing long enough to tell him to move the group. After the pull, the tank says, "you're an experienced healer!"

Now, my normal healing mode is atonement, with direct heals where needed. I didn't get a single smite or holy fire off on trash pulls, and was reduced to shields, flash heals, PoM, and penance- I didn't have time to get a greater heal off, and was completely out of mana by the end of the first pull. It felt like he was going to die while I was casting flash heal, he was taking so much damage. I managed to get a sip in before the first boss, thankfully, because I hadn't had time to use my mindbender on the trash- if I had so much as had a long blink, I think I would have lost the tank. I no sooner come out the doors and he's pulling the boss, so I pop all of my cooldowns and stabilize the tank. Thankfully, I was able to use atonement on the boss, because dps was pretty low. I was second in dps- my guildie's hunter was first.

The trash between the first and second bosses was uneventful, but then, there isn't much there. Second boss went smoothly. But then, we come to the sha trash... and our tank decides to really test me and pulls three groups. I honestly don't know how I kept him up, because he didn't move out of their breath at all, and didn't face them away from the group- and with so many breathing at once, it was a TON of damage. I literally had 985 mana after that pull. The tank says, "epic heals!" in chat as I sat down to drink and said "mana" in chat... and he pulls more sha.

My guildie finally let them know that I was testing new gear, and after that the tank slowed down a bit, and the rest of the dungeon was pretty smooth. Then I convinced my guildie to tank one for me, and discovered I definitely need more than the 8K spirit so I went and got it back. If I continue to get tanks who think that just because I'm geared well I'm also skilled, I'm going to need way more than I have now even.
90 Night Elf Priest
well.

there's the tank who pops in and asked not to tank and they agree to this. why? we might never know.

the DPS says, it's OK i can DPS it all down. OK I mean this is level 70ish dungeons so whatever. We just keep going, nobody knows exactly who's tanking so Telestra is tanked by a mixture of the DPS and myself with the tank refusing to even DPS since his role was to tank and he was asked not to....and agreed, but apparently that is irrelevant.

We keep going. The tank has a death wish and is running ahead pulling everything on his own with me running trying to keep him alive and the dps behind me trying to kill things. Eventually he died because I couldn't do both, and he said he didn't care because he had an insta-queue. Yet he didn't leave our party. Just collected dead weight until the end where he tried to do something with Keristrasza.

I had an inner debate with myself the entire time on whether or not I should leave but I didn't . We finished and that was that.
90 Draenei Priest
I was on an alt doing low level dungeons, got Nexus. Tank afks on the bridge with the frozen horde mid pull. We stand around for a bit, it gets annoying and he's still afk, I pull the next group and it dies. Still afk.

"apparently the tank is afk" I say.

A minute or so later the tank starts moving around and asks "ready?". It's like omg really? We're standing around clearing stuff without you because you are afk and you ask if WE'RE ready. It's a habit to check what servers people are from and it's Tol Barad. Managed to get through that one

Next dungeon, UK. Tank and heals from Goldrinn, heals was DC'd then afk, and tank running around everywhere but at the mobs. I just leave. Deserter and I are on such great terms lately.
90 Worgen Priest
I don't know why I'm always surprised by the abuse we healers seem get, considering how often I run into DPS that think everything is the healers' fault.

As odd as it is, I rarely run into a tank I hate - usually it's the DPS giving me a hard time.

Earlier today I was healing on my lowbie monk (around level 70) and the tank and two dps run ahead and pull a bunch of mobs while I am doing a quest. They die. The DK and hunter spend the rest of the dungeon pretty much just insulting me in various ways.

Seriously? The DK was complaining about having broken gloves. He died ONCE which means he must have died before, so clearly THAT wasn't my fault.

Sheesh, I love healing and I will only quit if I quit WoW, but man, I get so tired of the people I'm healing.
90 Tauren Druid
Had a DK tank in Siege of Niuzao, he didn't use death strike once. Was still pretty easy to heal though, guessing mainly because he couldn't hold aggro for crap and the windwalker monk was tanking half the trash.

Then after starting the Commander Vo'Jak event, he suddenly dropped group in the middle of it - leaving me, the monk, a ret pally, and the hunter to deal with it by ourselves. We were doing good at first with the hunter's devilsaur tanking, it was taking a lot of damage but I was handling it fine. But then the hunter suddenly decides to dismiss it so he can summon a turtle and while he's doing that the boss smashes the pally's face in. I battle rez him and we finish the fight.

I was bummed that we had a death during that, considering my gear, but ah well. Can't win em all.
91 Worgen Druid
06/10/2013 01:19 PMPosted by Asanpi

BUFFEH! :O

Anyway, was healing a dungeon earlier today and got a DK tank who was in purples and blues. I could heal him just fine, so I didn't have any complaints.

The issue came with the Mage who was pulling over 100k dps and constantly berating the tank for not keeping aggro. He and the warlock he grouped with were constantly douching it up the entire dungeon. :\

Just want to say you are adorable. The horns, hair and hat are awesome.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Was healing Shado-Pan Monastary :

Tank is a wee bit squishie even with the buffs from LFG.. I had the 50k more health than he had, no problem I can heal that. I was using FOL alot, no deaths until we hit the Sha Manifestations before the bridge after the second boss.

Tank mounts up rides through the first group, turns rides to the second group, turns rides to the 3rd and 4th as well, goes for the 5th and 6th group, just pulling by riding through them, aggro is all over the place.... group starts to die, just too much damage from all over. I die with hardly any mana left followed by the tank.

TANK : WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Me: Did you wipe us on purpose? You did not attack anything, and let aggro go all over the place.

Tank: If you would of healed me, I could tank all that.
Me: have fun, and I hope your next healer can keep you from suiciding again <drop group?
Edited by Sieriaphim on 6/15/2013 9:50 AM PDT
90 Draenei Priest
Jumped into a random 5 man yesterday, for the daily rep. Temple of the Jade Serpent.

Anyways, tank starts pulling, things are going well, I'm smite healing because what else is there to do?

By the 2nd boss, I'm 2nd overall damage done and top damage on bosses. The mage looses his cool and starts saying things like "the healer shouldn't be dpsing" and "how can you be healing if you dps?!"

After the 3rd boss, the mage goes "let's just kick the 'healer' because they obviously aren't healing they are just dpsing!" (no deaths, nothing extraordinary has happened, obviously).

So, the mage ends up pulling the last group of mobs and the last boss, while saying "let's see you heal through THIS!"

I continued smite healing, did top damage, no one died, we won, and I left.

Side note: It's usually the dps that give me issues, not the tanks.
100 Undead Warlock
Jumped into a random 5 man yesterday, for the daily rep. Temple of the Jade Serpent.

Anyways, tank starts pulling, things are going well, I'm smite healing because what else is there to do?

By the 2nd boss, I'm 2nd overall damage done and top damage on bosses. The mage looses his cool and starts saying things like "the healer shouldn't be dpsing" and "how can you be healing if you dps?!"

After the 3rd boss, the mage goes "let's just kick the 'healer' because they obviously aren't healing they are just dpsing!" (no deaths, nothing extraordinary has happened, obviously).

So, the mage ends up pulling the last group of mobs and the last boss, while saying "let's see you heal through THIS!"

I continued smite healing, did top damage, no one died, we won, and I left.

Side note: It's usually the dps that give me issues, not the tanks.

i personally would have let the mage die out of spite and claim i can't heal through stupid.
90 Pandaren Monk
I was on my baby shaman in starting bc dungeon hellfire ramparts, had a tank that had major issues holding aggro. I'm thinking "wait this is a pally tank why's he having so much issue?" Come to find out it's because he has int plate/agi leather on and "Forgot" to turn on righteous fury. I try to say something and get completely ignored. All I can say is thank god for dps alts. Had an amazing hunter and warrior in full boas that kept everything off me so I could heal.
90 Blood Elf Priest
-shortened-

i personally would have let the mage die out of spite and claim i can't heal through stupid.

lol
90 Tauren Priest
[quote="92803428249"]Just want to say you are adorable. The horns, hair and hat are awesome.

G'aw. Stahp. You're making me blush.

Ty, though. :3
90 Worgen Priest
Did my first random heroics in weeks the other day. Got an ok group of geared people except the ret pally who was in blues and greens. That is fine. Everyone has to gear up sometime. The druid tank was taking very little damage so I was in DPS mode. Pure atonement + Shadow Word Pain and Death. Just basically DPSing and letting Atonement do all the work. I was pulling close to 70k DPS on some fights and the poor ret pally was doing about 20 - 30k.

Get to the last boss, no deaths, no nothing. Then after the boss dies the ret pally apologized for being bad. I felt so bad for him. It wasn't his fault D: He judt got stuck with people who'd been raiding.
100 Draenei Priest
Get to the last boss, no deaths, no nothing. Then after the boss dies the ret pally apologized for being bad. I felt so bad for him. It wasn't his fault D: He just got stuck with people who'd been raiding.

Some people feel so bad about those meters, yet typically no one minds carrying a new 90 because they understand what is going on. I remember some of those runs where I was trying to keep up a DK with 1M some health with my little 2k spirit level. Why can't I get his health bar up .... aaaaa.

I just hate the turds that are 80 some ilevels higher than the fresh 90 and feel the need to talk about how leet they are.

Yea we get it, the gods world boss RNG were good to you. Do you mind using some of that leetness to burn the next boss down. Lets go.
90 Worgen Priest
06/14/2013 11:05 AMPosted by Prideth
Get to the last boss, no deaths, no nothing. Then after the boss dies the ret pally apologized for being bad. I felt so bad for him. It wasn't his fault D: He just got stuck with people who'd been raiding.

Some people feel so bad about those meters, yet typically no one minds carrying a new 90 because they understand what is going on. I remember some of those runs where I was trying to keep up a DK with 1M some health with my little 2k spirit level. Why can't I get his health bar up .... aaaaa.

I just hate the turds that are 80 some ilevels higher than the fresh 90 and feel the need to talk about how leet they are.

Yea we get it, the gods world boss RNG were good to you. Do you mind using some of that leetness to burn the next boss down. Lets go.

I don't do many randoms because of people's attitudes. I will generally stick up for a new player or a fresh 90. I have gotten into some pretty heated exchanges over people being jerks. Me, I have ToT gear and some thunderforged and a t14 heroic drop (and by the way absolutely no luck on shoulder drops or belts). So, I would hope that I can soundly outperform someone in quest blues/greens. That doesn't make me a better player. It just means I have had more time to gear up.
100 Worgen Druid
I don't do many randoms because of people's attitudes. I will generally stick up for a new player or a fresh 90. I have gotten into some pretty heated exchanges over people being jerks. Me, I have ToT gear and some thunderforged and a t14 heroic drop (and by the way absolutely no luck on shoulder drops or belts). So, I would hope that I can soundly outperform someone in quest blues/greens. That doesn't make me a better player. It just means I have had more time to gear up.

I had this issue running my 440 ilvl Prot Warrior through Jade Temple with a Mistweaver healing and probably at least 50 ilvls above me (in full LFR hero regalia). He continually ran ahead and pulled mobs. This bugged me but I wasn't going to make a thing over it when he could obviously handle it - until he started talking about the tank (me) not holding aggro and how awesome he was to carry us. He never understood that it's hard to hold what you never had and that it's much harder to grab aggro when someone else has already been beating on a mob while healing. He was much too leet for such considerations.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]