Things You Don't Want To Hear Healing PUGs 12

90 Troll Priest
Running Strat on my monk healer alt. Right from the beginning the tank was off on a sprint, pulling large groups and then moving on to the next large group when the current one was past half way on life. Then there was a hunter who was going was often going in a different direction then the tank and pulling groups of mobs, sometimes bringing them back to the tank or having his pet tank them. This had me running all over the place healing and with the amount of damage the tank was receiving, one missed heal equalled dead tank, which happened twice.

After the second time rezzing the tank, I found myself booted from the group. I waited the six minutes for the dungeon cooldown and then requeued. Immediately I got a dungeon in progress and joined. When I zoned in, I was greeted by the same Strat run I was in before, only the tank and hunter where gone. With the new tank and dps, plus the remaining two dps, we finished the dungeon without any problems.
90 Pandaren Shaman
@Deakin I hate getting tanks like that. I've gotten a couple on my monk already. It's always the squishy ones who pull more and more and more...

On my Shaman... Throne of Thunder Normal, I'm with the co-healer I've been healing with since Firelands. We're doing a tryout for a raid group... We're new to the server, so we don't know which guilds are terrible yet...

We tried two healing Jin'Rokh... Well, people kept kiting the lightning balls into the puddle and they kept standing in the lightning puddles so the Raid Leader said, I guess we need to three heal this. Me and the other healer are disagreeing, and he says, "Well you guys obviously can't keep up with the healing."
I respond, "Every kill I've ever done of this I was two healing with (co-healer). The worst group prior to this that I've ever had, we had 210k Raid HPS. That last pull I pulled 140k HPS and (co-healer) pulled 150k HPS..."
He responded, "We're three healing, that's final!"
Our Spriest switches to Disc.
We wipe about 10 more times before we get extremely lucky with the lightning orbs and only myself, our half decent hunter DPS who could follow mechanics, and my original co-healer get lightning orbs.
I ended the fight at about 80k HPS 1% mana, co healer was about 89k HPS 0.5% mana, third healer was at 75k HPS 0.1% mana.

So we spend about 20 minutes clearing the bridge and get to Horridon...

It goes about as well. Adds aren't dying fast enough, interrupts aren't going out on the second door, people won't move out of crap on the floor...
I check recount.
I'm the only one with interrupts other than the tank who was on Horridon who managed to get an interrupt off on a venom priest.
I'm also fifth place on DPS from dropping my Fire Elemental and having it hit the adds on the first door, then dropping my Earth Elemental for the second door to try to use its stun as an interrupt on the priests.
Ahead of me on DPS, Both Tanks, the half decent hunter(at 490 ilevel), and the disc priest who was our third healer.
I was only pulling 30k DPS...

I say something about it, since below me on DPS are the following,
502 ilevel BM Hunter
504 ilevel Ret Pally
499 ilevel TG Fury Warrior
511 ilevel Enh Shaman

So the next night I get into a group on council with my current guild... I did worse on DPS that night... On our longest attempt, which was 2 minutes, 36 Seconds...
I did 23k DPS, which is normal for me in the first couple minutes when I pop my Fire Elemental with Hero and Stormlash Totem with no damage buff on the boss.
I was within 10k DPS of 4 DPS...
90 Tauren Shaman
I suppose I should post this longish story while the details are still fresh.

I queue for a heroic dungeon for the rep and the satchel and end up getting Scholomance. Would've preferred a faster dungeon, but the RNG is random, so whatever.

Anyways, nothing out of the ordinary on the first boss, just a afk hunter, low dps from the other two dps, and the lock pet pulling the mobs at the bottom of the stairs.

On the undead patrol before the next room, the dk does the control undead thingy, and we move into the room for Janice. During the fight, the dk stands in front of the boss's frontal cone thingy, and doesn't move out of it. I normally heal people who accidentally stand in bad, but I didn't feel like actively healing him while he was still standing in it. Therefore, I just let HST and Riptide keep him up, and threw a healing wave on him after it finished.

First wave of illusions pop up, and I see the dk say in chat: "healer do instead dps not" or something similar. As the wording wasn't quite clear, I simply go "what?" DK proceeds to say he nearly died cause I wasn't healing and just doing dps. I reply "you nearly died cause you stood in bad" He says "no", tank pipes up and agrees with me, dk says "no" again. Hh then asks why I'm dps'ing at all, to which I reply, "to help speed the run along." He goes, "no, do your job and heal. no dps." I ignore him and move into the next room with Rattlegore.

I continue to dps through the trash, throwing out heals as necessary. Meanwhile, the dk is still in the last room saying "so youre not going to listen to me are you?" Again, I ignore him. While he was busy typing that, apparently his MC over the mob wore off he he started getting attacked by it. Thing is, he still in Janice's room, while me and the tank are both on the far end of Rattlegore's room, out of range and line of sight of us. Needless to say, he died. DK says, "see? i died cause you weren't healing me!" I quip "gj staying with tank" He then calls the tank crap and can't hold aggro. Tank speaks up again and says, "the reason he didn't heal you and i didn't taunt is cause you're an idiot" Trash is cleared up, and Rattlegore is started without the dk.

During the fight, me and the tank are the only ones picking up the boneshields, with the two remaining dps eating the bone spikes for 90% of their health. The dk sarcastically says, "yeah, your dps really helps out" I ignore him yet again as incoming damage is quite high, with the dps soaking bone spikes, and stacks of rusting. After the boss is down, and loot is rolled on, I attempt to vote-kick the dk. "This player cannot be kicked for another 3 minutes" Blah, just my luck.

Trash to Lillian is started; dk still whining about me doing dps and not even doing one heal so far. Clear the trash and the tank goes "afk, phone call" I'm surprised the dps didn't actually pull the boss this time. Then a vote kick on the dk pops up. I hit yes, and wait with baited breath. Then I see this in chat: "The votekick against NoobDK has failed" I'm thinking "WHAT!?!?" Then me and the tank both have the FML moment. All 3 dps are from the same guild.

Lillian is started, even with lust and me doing dps, she didn't get below 50% before her soul activates. I dread what I know is coming. Not only do they fail to kite the soul, they even stand in the death fire. The dk dies again, with his guildies close to death. Cue the dk complaining again about no healing, and me just doing dps, and that my dps was crap. Following is this convo:

Tank: "he's actually holding back"
Me: "yeah, i could be doing more if i was't busy healing you guys from standing in bad"
DK: "yeah right, you're a crap healer and you'd be an even worse dps"
DK: "just do your job and heal"
Tank: "do your job and dps"
DK: "lol you don't need my dps"
Tank: "you're right, we don't need you, your dps is crap"
DK: "lol id be doing more if i wasn't dead"
Me: "the tanks doing 70k dps, all 3 of you guys are doing 30k…."

Me and the tank press onwards to Professor Slates room, and as we're fighting Slate, dk proceeds to pull the rest of the room to us. I keep me and the tank up without a sweat, and heck, I keep the hunter and lock up as they haven't said anything in instance at least. Was hoping for the dk to die again, but HST kept him up. I go "thats the best attempt you have at a wipe?"

Proceed to final boss, and the fight goes like hundreds of runs beforehand, nothing out of the usual. Boss drops the strength trinket and me, the dk, and the tank need on it. I win it, and the 3 dps drop instance. Me and the tank chat for a bit, and find out we both needed on the trinket just to spite the dk, and didn't really need it, as we were only in the dungeon for the satchel, rep, and valor. Without the satchel, I think both of us would dropped group much earlier. As for what was in my satchel? A lousy stamina flask and some gold. Yay. -.- Tempts us enough to finish the dungeon at least.
90 Night Elf Druid
Waiting for my guildies to finish up their farming so we can run a HScen. See the satchel up and need a rep run anyway so I q up. Zone into ToJS and notice the group is all dead and the door to the Sha of Doubt is already opened. I ask what happened and the group says the healer couldn't keep them up. Uh oh, but what the heck, one boss = quick and easy VP/satchel/rep. Rezzed the lazy %#*$s, buffed up, and started the fight.

"<DBM> Sha of Doubt down after 9 minutes and 37 seconds. Your last kill took...".

Yeah, you read that right. 9 min, 37sec. I lost count of the number of 'Bounds of Reality' phases we went through, but each one took forever to get out of. I had 17 dispels of 'touch of nothingness'. I took a look at the DPS numbers even though I knew what I would find. Top DPS was the tank at 18k, followed by a rogue at 11k. Hunter came in at 7k and the mage, a whopping 6k. Yeah...

I hooked up with my guildies and roflstomped heroic Dark Heart of Pandaria just to get my sanity back.
90 Pandaren Shaman
Got into ToES LFR last night, first time on this toon and I am barely geared enough to be there.

We wiped on the first trash pull! During the great blame fest afterwards accusations got swung towards us healers of course, with snide remarks about how we should have been healing and cleansing the tanks.

me: we were healing and cleansing the tanks!
disc priest: they were taking alot of damage and getting stacks really fast
monk: all I know is it felt like I was solo healing for a minute there
*dps posts healing log with me at the top having done twice what the monk did, 30% of healing for all 6 healers*

I know I popped cds but still, if I can do that with barely enough gear to even be in the instance I have a feeling some other folks just didn't even try. We wiped on sha too, and again someone started accusing healers so someone linked meters again, when really what it was is the raid having petty arguments the whole fight instead of doing what they should have been. At least I got a shoulder token out of it.
90 Pandaren Monk
My death knight is a freshish 90, having only reached the level two days ago and got into LFR today. However, after a successful run through MSV, I decided to tackle HoF after reaching 470. I remember how hard the trash hits, so I knew I had to be careful. But, I mean, it's LFR, how bad could it be.

It sucks being so naive.

We wipe to the first trash pull. Only 2 people were actually healing, the others were either DPS or attempting to tank (yes, tank. We had a bear druid). The other dedicated tank was a ret paladin who was pulling second lowest numbers in the group. We only died because someone had the presence of mind to pull some of the next room, too, and when our two healers couldn't keep me up because I was stunned, the blame game started. I found it funny that the biggest offender was queued as a healer and was an elemental shaman.

Healer 1: You're queued as a healer, and you're DPSing.
EShaman: its lfr, noob
Healer 1: You still need to be healing.
Me: Other tank isn't even tanking, and only two people are healing.
EShaman: youre just bad, go back to 5 mans
Healer 2: you need to heal

EShaman proceeded to initiate a votekick against me, which went through and I got booted from the group. I had someone from the group say I was doing well for my gear level and that it was the raid that was fail, so that was nice.
90 Pandaren Shaman
I remember how hard the trash hits, so I knew I had to be careful. But, I mean, it's LFR, how bad could it be.

I did my first HoF and both tanks were I swear the squishiest tanks I had seen in a long time.....We had mages with more hp than them.
90 Pandaren Shaman
EShaman proceeded to initiate a votekick against me, which went through and I got booted from the group. I had someone from the group say I was doing well for my gear level and that it was the raid that was fail, so that was nice.

I'll do some T14 lfrs with you sometime, and Heal, so you dont have to deal with people like that. The Bright side of over-gearing LFR, I can normally cover for the bads
During a recent dungeon run the tank ran off to pull while I was still getting my quests. Him and the dps pulled a massive mob and I couldn't get within range in time to save the tank and we wiped. The tank and another dps promptly left. One of the remaining guys started swearing at me, "healer wtf you have full mana, !@#$in cast some eh? now we lost our group". I told them they ran off to pull while I was still getting my quests so it's hardly my fault. These two kids kept going at me, making condescending remarks. So I said "that's nice" and left them.

I'm new to this game and people have been lovely so far. I have been reading guides and doing my homework; I try my best to keep everyone alive in the group (had a run where all the dps thought they were tanks, that was fun), and I think I have been doing a good job so far. Kind of shocked by the abuse I received today. It's nothing of the caliber some healers have received of course.

Not sure if I was in the wrong today though, has anyone else here had similar issues? I didn't take long getting my quests too, in fact I didn't even read them (which for a new player is bad because I often find I can't complete quests due to not collecting quest items.)
90 Draenei Shaman
Fel, you weren't in the wrong. It was honestly the fault of the tank and dps for not paying attention. I'm not sure if you announced to the group if you were picking up quests. Which if you did, it's their fault. Because It is important for the tank and dps to be aware of their healers location(incase of adds getting on you and such). In the future I guess you could just say "getting quests" (assuming you didn't say you were.) But I don't think you did anything wrong. You also reacted as I would have. Though I probably would have told them they need to learn how to read a map, as heals don't heal from 80 yards away.

I have however been in those situations where the tank pulls ahead without paying attention to my location. But usually after I've pointed out that I was getting something, or I had no mana, they've understood and apologized. From there the tank was aware each time, and always asked if I was ready. Also, welcome to wow and the shaman class. =)
Edited by Riled on 8/1/2013 6:37 AM PDT
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Jumped into a random 5 man yesterday, for the daily rep. Temple of the Jade Serpent.

Anyways, tank starts pulling, things are going well, I'm smite healing because what else is there to do?

By the 2nd boss, I'm 2nd overall damage done and top damage on bosses. The mage looses his cool and starts saying things like "the healer shouldn't be dpsing" and "how can you be healing if you dps?!"

After the 3rd boss, the mage goes "let's just kick the 'healer' because they obviously aren't healing they are just dpsing!" (no deaths, nothing extraordinary has happened, obviously).

So, the mage ends up pulling the last group of mobs and the last boss, while saying "let's see you heal through THIS!"

I continued smite healing, did top damage, no one died, we won, and I left.

Side note: It's usually the dps that give me issues, not the tanks.

i personally would have let the mage die out of spite and claim i can't heal through stupid.

^^THIS
90 Pandaren Shaman
During a recent dungeon run the tank ran off to pull while I was still getting my quests. Him and the dps pulled a massive mob and I couldn't get within range in time to save the tank and we wiped. The tank and another dps promptly left. One of the remaining guys started swearing at me, "healer wtf you have full mana, !@#$in cast some eh? now we lost our group". I told them they ran off to pull while I was still getting my quests so it's hardly my fault. These two kids kept going at me, making condescending remarks. So I said "that's nice" and left them.

I'm new to this game and people have been lovely so far. I have been reading guides and doing my homework; I try my best to keep everyone alive in the group (had a run where all the dps thought they were tanks, that was fun), and I think I have been doing a good job so far. Kind of shocked by the abuse I received today. It's nothing of the caliber some healers have received of course.

Not sure if I was in the wrong today though, has anyone else here had similar issues? I didn't take long getting my quests too, in fact I didn't even read them (which for a new player is bad because I often find I can't complete quests due to not collecting quest items.)

You didnt do anything wrong. You may want to let people know you're getting quests in the future, or tell them you're going to loot, but they are the ones that ran ahead and pulled before they saw if you were with them.
90 Pandaren Monk
On my leveling holy priest midway through the first wing of Dire Maul:

"kick priest, not using atonement"

Oh joy.
90 Night Elf Druid
On my leveling holy priest midway through the first wing of Dire Maul:

"kick priest, not using atonement"

Oh joy.

Go figure...

Edit: Priests in general can't win
Edited by Póki on 8/1/2013 10:02 AM PDT
90 Blood Elf Paladin
ok so im in LFR and Jin'rokh dies and someone mentioned the lack of dps then the lowest healer on the meters says no its the healers. im looking at my heal meter and dps meter and its clearly a lack of dps not heals so we carry on but I have my eye on this guy and he dosent heal once during trash up to the next boss during fight I have him set to focus so I can watch him and all he does is follow the tank around doin nothing. Horridon dies slowly again so I say in chat "so slow" and immediately this healer pops up sayin "that's not what your mom said last night'" so im like fu3k this guy and post heal meter in raid chat followed by "why you so bad bro?" this started a raid wide rage at this guy an he whispers me sayin im bad coz I have a pvp wep ( the only piece I havent got for pve yet as I haven't been raiding this expac) so anyway we carry on killin trash and just before the final boss we got enough votes for a votekick and just before he got booted I /goodbye to him

long story short if your gonna go into a LFR and not do anything its best not to piss off the people carrying you. he woulda got his easy valor if he hadn't pissed me off :D
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I actually feel kind of bad for this one, but on my druid healing Forgotten Depths LFR, we get to the hall before Ji Kun. I jokingly say "5 bucks says someone dies on snail". Someone else says "I haven't heard that every time". For some reason, that really irked my tater, so I says "5 bucks says its gonna be (that guy)". He "lol"s at that, and I symbiosis a priest. Position myself next to the first snail and Leap of Faith him into its path. Boom. First snail death of the lfr. "Nailed it!" I say with grim satisfaction. Another guy says "more like 'snailed it'". Laughs ensue, butthurt snail dying guy starts !@#$%ing at some random priest for the incident, and I got off Scott free. Afterwards, I was going to make a toon on his server to apologize, but I noticed he spelled his name with a stupid non English character and I thought "screw that guy then, if he can't make an original name". No offense everyone.

this made me want to roll a priest . . . just to do this hahah
Thanks Riled! I'm really enjoying playing my shaman, it's been great fun so far :)

I took you and Shammyren's advice today while healing - some tanks still insisted on pulling ahead leaving me far behind even after I told them I'm unfamiliar with the content and needed them to go a bit slower. But then when they died no expletives were thrown my way so that was good! :D Can't cast most of our heals while desperately running towards them!!
90 Draenei Priest
On my Druid, get a Temple of Jade Serpent, dps is pretty low, monk is standing in everything. It goes ok until the green dragon lady and I ask if the monk would please stop standing in everything. I was out healing it up to that point but I mean, enough is enough.

No response, but the group was full BR servers so that's that I guess. Hunter stands in the green fire, drops dead. Monk stands in green fire, drops dead. Spriest stands... in it just long enough to ALMOST die. Got through that.

Last boss took over 3 mins, that's like 3 split phases. 3 people didn't break 30k, spriest was under 50k. Ah heroics, this is why I avoid you.
90 Blood Elf Priest
5 Alliance healers in WSG. I'm the only Horde healer.

/wrist
76 Troll Druid
I was running a Heroic Magisters Terrace and had a tank that chose to run pass the mobs to only hit one of them. When the mobs then proceeded to hit me and kill me very quickly (not alive long enough to NS+HT then SM with SotF and then Regrowth myself) and then the cause a Wipe, I get the chat window popping up with a string of "WTF HEALS??? You didn't heal me"

I died about 6 times for the run but was unwilling to drop group as I know how long the waits for the BC heroics can be for healers and tanks..

I have to admit though, the RNG Gods smiled on me at the end of the run for sticking with the group as I was lucky enough to win myself a Swift White Hawkstrider on my second visit to the dungeon
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]