Things You Don't Want To Hear Healing PUGs 12

90 Pandaren Priest
08/07/2013 11:38 PMPosted by Alexstraza
Inc huge wall of text but a good read

I definitely enjoyed that read.
Inc huge wall of text but a good read

I am glad they made up to you. I have to give you kudo's I think most healers would of bailed if they saw that group again.
86 Dwarf Mage
So we're running Old Kingdom in WotLK last week. Pull the first mob and wipe. Heals starts looking at the DK tank and notices.....cloth pants! Yes siree. Cloth Pants on the DK tank. Healer, to his credit, begins to explain the benefits of plate armor to the tank.....

Tank's response? "Yeah, well, I know all that but I like the cloth pants for the health bonus". Heals continues to explain (tanks get hit a lot so.....). Tank finally gets fed up with the healer and states, "Hey, just let me play the way I want, okay? I like the pants and am keeping the pants. Let's just play, okay?"

To his credit, the healer kept the tank up through the rest of the instance. Not a single death. Don't know how he did it but he's my new hero. Full props to all the long suffering heals out there. We couldn't do it without you.
Edited by Fireburn on 8/8/2013 2:04 PM PDT
90 Pandaren Monk
So we're running Old Kingdom in WotLK last week. Pull the first mob and wipe. Heals starts looking at the DK tank and notices.....cloth pants! Yes siree. Cloth Pants on the DK tank. Healer, to his credit, begins to explain the benefits of plate armor to the tank.....

Tank's response? "Yeah, well, I know all that but I like the cloth pants for the health bonus". Heals continues to explain (tanks get hit a lot so.....). Tank finally gets fed up with the healer and states, "Hey, just let me play the way I want, okay? I like the pants and am keeping the pants. Let's just play, okay?"

To his credit, the healer kept the tank up through the rest of the instance. Not a single death. Don't know how he did it but he's my new hero. Full props to all the long suffering heals other there. We couldn't do it without you.

Oh god, these people make me want to strangle a puppy.

I would never do so, but that urge is there.
90 Pandaren Monk
So horror story turned that ended better than expected.

This gives me hope! Good read, thanks for sharing :)

I bet everyone has a "lock-story". Aside from the usually extremely low gear/dps (since we've all been there, I deal with this) some of them think it's a good idea to keep Dark Apotheosis on at all times, keeping threatening presence on on their pet, complain about them or their pet not getting any heals - while this is virtually impossible with smart heals - and rolling on spirit gear.

Once joined a group with an extremely well (heroic) geared lock doing over 300k dps on average, but he kept Dark Apotheosis on as well and claimed the tank (a freshly dinged prot pally with blues & greens) should be able to keep aggro... "because his guildtank can do it too".

Oh and about 2-3 months ago, I was in a group with only death knights, druids & locks. The druid died, so I asked to brez him and both the locks & dk stated they didn't have a battle rez...
90 Blood Elf Paladin
PUG'd a Disc Priest last week for the first half of ToT. He usually plays spriest, but has gear for healing, so we took him since I could carry a few extra heals on my part with my new legendary cloak.

Jin went easy-peasy, practically solo healing. Then I notice that Flash Heal was #1 on his meters. We were on Horridon and I practically solo healed that, too, with barely any Atonement heals. Council wasn't bad, either, seeing more Flash Heals even after I asked him to try and use Atonement more.

Usually from there we 3-heal Tortos and Mag since that's kinda where we stopped progression-wise before our 3-week break, so our Monk switched to her Fistweaving OS. Thank goodness we took a 5-minute break so she could finish talking to the Celestials for her legendary cape. The priest was almost #5 on our healing meters, barely beating out our second tank with 70% Atonement heals and 5% Spirit Shells used.

We were on Mag, and I was explaining to him our usual CD rotation for it and asked him to use SS in the middle of Rampages and how to dispel during the latter half of the fight.
He whispered me, "I don't think I can get SS on everyone that fast--" so I had to further explain to him to use his casting speed CD with it.

Don't take me wrong, the guy was really cool. A couple of loots dropped that he wanted for his main spec, but ultimately gave it to the mage we also pugged and also rolled for without any trouble. I wouldn't mind having him as a pug in the future -- just not as a healer.
90 Troll Priest
"Things You Don't Want To Hear Healing PUGs"

(10 man normals on my paladin.)

"ALRIGHT GUYS, WE'RE GONNA THREE HEAL THIS WHOLE INSTANCE."

*Lillipally has left the Party*

Nah not really, but that makes me mad.
90 Human Priest
I've got a few.

Tank, or a healer says "I don't know this fight"
or "nah im good ive done LFR"
or "i dont wanna use vent is that cool?"
or "ilvl is only ___, is that okay?"

MSV 10m... The other healer's tank is going to die on Will of Emp...I heal their tank. They tell me "Dude I had that, don't intrude on my heals".
When they rolled a 1/100 on the Mace I needed, I was quite happy.

ToEs 10m... The other healer and I both pulled around 80k HPS, meaning around 160k HPS on Tsulong. We get accused of being bad healers...Lol. Not our fault DPS wouldn't follow mechanics. Also, the entire raid had huge bubbles (we were both disc) so their claim that they were always at 50% health is technically true, but hardly relevant.
90 Pandaren Monk
I've got a few.

Tank, or a healer says "I don't know this fight"
or "nah im good ive done LFR"
or "i dont wanna use vent is that cool?"
or "ilvl is only ___, is that okay?"

1) Well, everyone starts somewhere. If someone used to DPS, they probably "know the fight", but there's often a huge difference between what a healer or tank has to do and what you have to do as a DPS, and that takes time and experience to know that.
2) Ugh, hate hearing this from pugs. More often than not, there's a screw up because of a mechanic ignored in LFR. (looking at you, Force of Will).
3) We have a special test for pugs called "The Mumble Test". It's where, if they manage to connect to our Mumble server, they have proved more adequate than a large number of pugs we've had.
4) I would much rather take someone who has low item level but knows the fights, than someone with higher item level but stands in all the bad.
100 Night Elf Priest
Also, the entire raid had huge bubbles (we were both disc) so their claim that they were always at 50% health is technically true, but hardly relevant.

<3
24 Gnome Priest
I've just started healing again.

SFK.

The tank is a resto cat. Never once shifts into bear.

One of the DPS is a close relative of the tank, a balance cat.

Aggro is of course everywhere.

When resto cat tank thing heroically pulled the first half of the courtyard and it came up the stairs to meet me, I just dropped. Sorry for the other guys, but I'd asked them to go bear, and nobody backed me up.
90 Night Elf Monk
Skada: Dispels for Horridon
1. Rainbodash 11
2. <druid healer> 5
3. <priest healer> 5
4. <monk dps> 4
5. <monk dps> 3
6. <priest healer> 1
7. <shaman DPS> 1

I was tanking.

This was an improvement from the first attempt -- see, the druid healer didn't know she could dispel poison. *headdesk*
90 Draenei Paladin
Omg! I don't think i will ever forget this moment. The very worst pug i ever queued healer with. It was during the Cata expansion. And joined a group with with a guild heroic in Shadow Fang Keep. and it stated that tank was a druid. So after about 2 pulls i noticed that a warrior marked as Dps was continuously pulling badly, and taking aggro off druid tank. It started annoying me right as soon as he completely lost aggro on the first boss, and i ended up getting the boss aggro. Ended up being a wipe, tried to get him vote kicked but it failed instantly, I then told him, "I'm going to let you die", and told the druid to hold aggro. The druid and the entire party starts raging at me stating i suck. I retaliate in my defense that the warrior in dps role should not be tanking and if he is, he sucks at holding aggro. Come to realize all 4 of the party are from the same guild and server. So despite the heavy pressure and continued aggro i received, i decided to suck it up, and prove my skills to them despite their stupidity. It started becoming harder to bear when both the druid and warrior continued standing in heavy damage Aoes during boss pulls just to spite me. Either of them switching to "Tank" and being absolutely terrible at holding aggro.I could tell they were all doing this purposely cause the huntard was also pulling mobs while I was attempting to mana up twice. I was determined to fulfill my Vow of never allowing a tank to die under any reason unless I'm oom + CD, or dead first. And well I'm happy they lived, but annoyed i was the one that was killed, and it takes a lot to annoy me. Through that whole run i ended up getting killed 8 times total. No one but me was killed, bad pulls, crappy aggro skills, and healer trolling at its finest, Not a single thank you, or appreciation.
90 Draenei Paladin
Omg! I don't think i will ever forget this moment. The very worst pug i ever queued healer with. It was during the Cata expansion. And joined a group with with a guild heroic in Shadow Fang Keep. and it stated that tank was a druid. So after about 2 pulls i noticed that a warrior marked as Dps was continuously pulling badly, and taking aggro off druid tank. It started annoying me right as soon as he completely lost aggro on the first boss, and i ended up getting the boss aggro. Ended up being a wipe, tried to get him vote kicked but it failed instantly, I then told him, "I'm going to let you die", and told the druid to hold aggro. The druid and the entire party starts raging at me stating i suck. I retaliate in my defense that the warrior in dps role should not be tanking and if he is, he sucks at holding aggro. Come to realize all 4 of the party are from the same guild and server. So despite the heavy pressure and continued aggro i received, i decided to suck it up, and prove my skills to them despite their stupidity. It started becoming harder to bear when both the druid and warrior continued standing in heavy damage Aoes during boss pulls just to spite me. Either of them switching to "Tank" and being absolutely terrible at holding aggro.I could tell they were all doing this purposely cause the huntard was also pulling mobs while I was attempting to mana up twice. I was determined to fulfill my Vow of never allowing a tank to die under any reason unless I'm oom + CD, or dead first. And well I'm happy they lived, but annoyed i was the one that was killed, and it takes a lot to annoy me. Through that whole run i ended up getting killed 8 times total. No one but me was killed, bad pulls, crappy aggro skills, and healer trolling at its finest, Not a single thank you, or appreciation.

That whole run all seemed too coordinated, so then they could get a reason to kick me. More than likely through vent or skype.
90 Pandaren Monk
I've got another normal mode story. Our Jin'rokh kill this week was an RNG miracle. Every single one of our dps bursted over 200k (our lock/priest are at the lower end with sham/hunter being top 2), and to top it off, I (mistweaver monk) did a bit more than 100k dps. Legendary meta was procced nearly half the fight so I got to fistweave the entire thing. Was a guild record kill. :)

Skada: Dispels for Horridon
1. Rainbodash 11
2. <druid healer> 5
3. <priest healer> 5
4. <monk dps> 4
5. <monk dps> 3
6. <priest healer> 1
7. <shaman DPS> 1

I was tanking.

This was an improvement from the first attempt -- see, the druid healer didn't know she could dispel poison. *headdesk*

I had 22, and our resto Druid had 4 dispels on Horridon once. ;-;
29 Night Elf Priest
I've just started healing again.

SFK.

The tank is a resto cat. Never once shifts into bear.

One of the DPS is a close relative of the tank, a balance cat.

Aggro is of course everywhere.

When resto cat tank thing heroically pulled the first half of the courtyard and it came up the stairs to meet me, I just dropped. Sorry for the other guys, but I'd asked them to go bear, and nobody backed me up.

You did right.
29 Night Elf Priest
I didn't want 3 count em THREE! tanks to drop LFD group within minutes.

I was trying to get my Shadowfang Priest-quest staff. I didn't need to finish the whole dungeon. So I coached the Hunter on how to tank with his pet against the one boss I needed, and we were successful.
86 Draenei Shaman
I wasn't healing this, but I got a kick out of it.

Queue'd for a MoP dungeon on this shaman, zoned into TotJS on the last boss, skeletons on the ground and another DPS zoning in. Group composed of a warrior tank, Hpriest healer, a mage, a warlock, and myself as Enh. I try to give the party benefit of the doubt as we pull the boss. A few moments in, and I notice the healer isn't dispelling Touch of Nothingness on anyone. Alright, I can take a few ticks, move away from the tank and pop some healing CDs.

First Withering Will, stack the adds, and everything is smooth. Then comes the Touch of Nothingness debuff again, and the priest still isn't dispelling. No Purify or Mass Dispel going out. I eventually die to the debuff, and the other DPS go down soon after. The healer is OOM at this point, but they and the tank last awhile longer before finally wiping. I decide to pipe up about the need to dispel the debuff, and this conversation follows:

Healer: yea, this won't work till the DPS AoE the adds.
Me: No, it's not working because you need to dispel the debuff.
Healer: ur an idiot
Healer: I dispelled 12 times, and not once did it remove it
Me: [Link from Recount showing dispels, exactly 1 dispel from the healer.]
Healer: u need to shut up
Healer: I did mass over and over.
[Healer] has left the group.

Watching their casts, they never once put down a Mass Dispel. We release and rez, get another Hpriest and DPS, and the boss goes down smoothly.
100 Blood Elf Mage
A shaman named Rain!
93 Worgen Druid
3) We have a special test for pugs called "The Mumble Test". It's where, if they manage to connect to our Mumble server, they have proved more adequate than a large number of pugs we've had.

I usually pass on pugs when I'm asked to use Mumble.

A) I don't like it and
B) i never want it installed on my computer again

therefore,
C) I'll let you find someone that will use it.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]