Things You Don't Want To Hear Healing PUGs 12

90 Night Elf Priest
What I don't want to hear in a PUG is anything from DPS, ever.

The only time DPS should speak is if they are asking for instructions before a boss fight because they are new.

Otherwise they need to !@#$ or go enjoy another 30 minute queue :D

This is ludicrous and rude. :/
90 Blood Elf Priest

The only time DPS should speak is if they are asking for instructions before a boss fight because they are new.

You sound like a pleasant person to play with.

Lucky for me I'm only Horde.
Wow is all about being an !@#.

Didn't you read the manual?

o.0

We did. I think you misread it however. Besides, treating people with respect is always the right thing to do.

I'm ashamed you're on my server; I hope we never cross paths.
Edited by Abalei on 9/8/2013 8:33 PM PDT
90 Worgen Priest
Wow is all about being an !@#.

Didn't you read the manual?

o.0

We did. I think you misread it however. Besides, treating people with respect is always the right thing to do.

I'm ashamed you're on my server; I hope we never cross paths.

I think there are threads somewhere that have the same formula as this with tanks and dps, where they give tales of what an jerk their healer is. I'm sure he's in one of those tales. I guess he'd be glad about that too, though I do see the irony in him posting here of all places to complain as well.
Edited by Vesperena on 9/8/2013 9:25 PM PDT
90 Draenei Priest

I have made quite a few friends in PUG.

Chat it up Mr. DPS.

If having a conversation is going to be annoying them then go ahead and annoy them, they are not someone you will continue to play with and insulting them won't matter.
90 Blood Elf Priest
You all sound like the same emo's who play on my server. Go figure.

Aw, we hurt his feewings. :3
90 Night Elf Priest
I like being a non-socio/psychopath. Feelings aren't the enemy.

Why, I just made a new DPS friend in a dungeon a few days ago!
90 Draenei Priest
u all sound like the same emo's who play on my server. Go figure.

lol you are the one withdrawing from the social aspect of the game.

It is all happy friends, sunshine, and bunnies over here. Sometimes tigers, but blizz is being stingy with the tigers.

I like my game with some chat. I find it much more enjoyable.

Could be he does not know the definition of Emo? "unenthusiastic melodramatic 17 year olds who don't smile"

No, we are advocating enthusiasm, fun and lots of smiles. We get there by talking to each other and encourage others to participate. Some of us are 17, but we don't hold that against them.
90 Pandaren Monk
Obvious trollbait is obvious. Don't feed the troll, kids, no reason to taint a perfectly good thread.
90 Worgen Priest
Yup, fairly obvious at this point. Just dislike him for trolling on all his posts, which takes like half a second, then ignore him. Its about as much as we can do, or care to do.

On another point for healing, I've been doing 25m Normal Ji-kun, and been assigned to nest healing, which just kills any chance at getting the most out of my aoe heals at the main platform. I don't want to say it, but the truth is I'm one of the better healers that can do a lot more.

Weaker heals should be for nest duty so they can save mana for the big heals on the main platform and for quills. At the end of the fights I'm almost full of mana still, with half the raid dead, its really sad.
Edited by Vesperena on 9/9/2013 4:26 PM PDT
My opinion of people talking in PuGs is that it has to be balanced. On one hand it's nice to get things done and dusted in a reasonable amount of time, but it's also nice to have light conversation as you do it.

That said, unless you know the people you're running with you should try keep long pauses down and be succinct in what you say. This isn't a "THIS IS HOW IT MUST BE DONE!!!" but a basic guideline.

I don't talk much in my runs, but that's more because I don't find typing while playing an easy skill for me.
39 Human Warlock
Had a FUN one just now. Although this time it was the healer being a little bit bad. Group was me (destro lock), mage, rogue who dropped group mid way through and got replaced by a shaman, resto shaman, and our tank, the prot pally.

Enter, turn off my void's taunt and presence thing, and we go through to the first boss room pretty good. Get there tank goes in, not sure what happened, tank dies, I'm using rain of fire so i suddenly get all the mobs, I get WTFPWNED, and eventually its a wipe.

Rez. and this little convo happens
*note- none of this is edited it is exactly as they say*
Healer:OK LOSE THE VOID
tank:??
Me:?
Healer: THE voidwalker
Me: Why?
Healer: its a tank pwt (pet)

I then proceed to ignore her thinking that yeah, I could have my dps pet out, and I should have, but you could have at least said please...or not typed it all caps, maybe "could you use a dps pet?"? I check to make sure my pet isn't pulling and even ask the tank but he said he wasn't paying attention to what (if anything) was pulling agro. Then

Healer:kick the stupid lock
Me: Why? im not doing anything? Are you having to heal me/my pet?

No answer...We then kill the fire guy and on to hogger's hall.

The tank gets into a close call so I put up a soul stone just incase it happens again.

Then when I was typing out "Are you having to heal my pet? is my pet aggroing off the tank?", the tank supposedly lost aggro, because of me, who wasn't doing anything, and asking her a question....I then type that out in party and she response with "no !@#$".

So you complain about me pulling aggro...then say "no %^-*" like it was obvious that i wasn't doing anything?...*sigh*. Then to make sure my pet really was pulling aggro (because of what the healer has been/ is saying I'm DEFINITELY not trusting her), the tank says, like a good tank should, "no, I keep loosing aggro cuz they stun" which i am fine with, because they do stun quiet a lot in that hall. What I'm not fine with is a healer blaming a dps that is doing nothing wrong, except having a tanking pet out, that wasn't tanking or pulling aggro, instead of a dps pet out, which wouldn't change much as I had tested that out a dungeon or two ago, for there own faults. I wasn't even the last dps either, I was second behind the tank...who was doing double my dps but thats just because of the level.

Just some healers....
90 Night Elf Priest
This is with my 25m raid group. We've gotten Lei Shen down a couple times. But we have just enough people change between each raid we attempt him a lot of the people haven't wiped ok him 100s of times like some of us. Anyway.

We split up our healers 2,2,1,1 just to make it easier on a couple corners that seem to have issues during intermission. Well we had a shammy who was having some issues, so they moved him into my group since I could handle it. At the time I didn't know why they moved him. So I start letting up on healing the healing cause hey, there are two of us. Well our corner wipes.

For starters the shammy was stacking on the work marker we had up for static shock. Well he must have been confused because he would stack on someone during diffusion causing the add to spawn. Then he wouldn't run to catch bouncy balls. So we had one DPS taking three and dying. So I tell him again (raid leader went in depth about what to do and before we pulled I asked if he knew what to do. And he said yes). Well after trying to tell him what to do every single wipe for 10+ wipes. He finally kinda got it. He still stacked on someone for diffusion, but realizing that he was barely healing, I just started healing like I was the only healer and that fixed the us dying issue.

I mean. Don't say yes if you don't know what to do. Luckily he won't be there for SoO. I would be way to afraid of how he'd do since there is even more personal responsibility. How could he heal up the adds during Norushen?
90 Worgen Priest
Yeah I can only imagine taking on new members who go into flex for the gear, on every fight. It could be rough teaching them the mechanics again and again.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]