Things You Don't Want To Hear Healing PUGs 12

90 Draenei Priest
LFR on my druid. I'm at 502 item level on her, trying hard to gear up for PVE this patch, enchanted and gemmed and all that but still have a few pvp pieces.

Anyway on Protectors we wipe once, we wipe twice. We have 2 shamans both at around 140k hps and the rest of us around 60-70k. The top shaman comments that "maybe I should just AFK like the rest of the healers". Um yeah, don't be rude, you are top heals but by no means are the rest of us just afking it. One of the paladins says something to that effect as well.

We wipe again. It's not a healing issue by any means. Then the insults start going out about people in pvp gear. I ask how people are supposed to catch up in pve if they haven't done it before, if not in LFR. I'm told to run old raids and catch up that way. I just roll my eyes and I leave. When I ran LFR earlier in the week people were amazingly helpful and positive and we one shot pretty much everythng, I guess it goes down hill from there.
Edited by Ocyla on 9/21/2013 9:28 PM PDT
90 Goblin Priest
if you want to lose your remaining faith in humanity and the WoW playerbase do LFRs on monday
90 Troll Druid
I don't really find bad groups (or stories i think belong here >.>) but this one I felt did.
So just did Terrace for the valor and satchel. It's a smooth run. Some deaths, but no wipes through the entirety of it. On sha, though, the group gets hit by the breath. the pally tank was standing behind the boss when he should've been in the circle. After a couple of breaths I change to serenity chakra and spam heal myself in the circle while the breath happens, then step out. I eventually die, and I see someone ask in chat "where is the wall" and I respond with "*tank name* isn't doing his job". I get a brez and continue healing the fight. When it finishes, fail tank says: "not doing my job i didn't die 1 time"
and that was what pushed me to post this.

now to go through for grammar.

I had one of those groups earlier this week as well - wonder if the these two tanks have some super special secret plan for this boss now?

Anyway, the last group I ran with was running 1st wing of LFR for ToT. 1st boos was fine except for the ranged DPS letting the lightning ball thing go off in the pools. Get to Horridon, DPS focus on Horridon on 1st attempt we end up with trolls from the first three doors out at the same time. 2nd Attempt, the DPS focuses on the adds but then noone uses the orbs to make Horridon ram the doors. I ended up using the orbs while trying to heal at the same time. Thankfully I can cast most of my heals while moving.
90 Tauren Druid
if you want to lose your remaining faith in humanity and the WoW playerbase do LFRs on monday

Nope. Its MUCH worse right before reset imho.

Main Healer issues I've ever had was healing on my shaman. All I can say is...
"If you make me see below 50% mana, you are doing something VERY wrong." Though I apply this logic to the PUGS in dungeon groups.
90 Gnome Priest

i've had the best lfr experience during the wee hours of the morning. got through multiple ToT lfr without a wipe, or complaining. O.o
1 Goblin Rogue
Heroic ToT pug (heavily screened, mostly 13/13 people but everyone at least vouched for), healing on disc priest. Monk tank dies on H DA on one of our attempts (amidst a couple other wipes for different reasons), healers get blamed.

I check the buff uptime logs, and the monk tank was at 35-45% shuffle uptime for nearly every boss fight including the DA pull in question. Self heals were pretty sparse too, rarely pressed guard or expel harm.

The other healer was underperforming and later replaced (social member in my guild who was taken along by our guild tank since we were struggling to fill anyways), so I was able to focus more on tank healing, but it just felt so disgusting being incriminated for failing to heal that one tank who wasn't performing up to par. I didn't look at his logs until 30 minutes after the healers were called out, so I didn't mention anything because it was pointless and I had already adapted to his improper play.
90 Night Elf Druid
The noodle cart. THE [FLUFFY KITTEN] NOODLE CART.

Just had a PUG on my 85 druid where the tank would literally not stop moving. He locked one of our party members out of the first encounter, and when I told him to please wait before pulling the second boss so the straggler could catch up, I was told, "Should have said something before I pulled," then, "Not my problem, he needs to be faster."

Then this: "I'm 90, I'm only here for quick run."

Check portrait frame. Oh. He is 90.

/sigh

I'm sick of 90s coming into my 85 runs and rushing through because of this [cuddly lamb] noodle cart. Is it terribly wrong of me to expect that if they just want to solo the dungeon and don't care about the rest of the party they should just, you know, solo it?

Other gems from this tank:

"Get used to it, this is how all groups go at 90."

And, "He doesn't deserve special treatment." I said, common courtesy is special treatment? "In my groups it is."

This tank. This [fuzzy puppy] tank.

*curse words redacted to forum-friendly cute animal phrases
Edited by Kaufman on 9/23/2013 8:22 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Druid
09/23/2013 10:14 PMPosted by Blinkdog

This is the truth. I did Durumu yesterday. Despite the fact that it's been out for about five months, half the group still died during the maze phase. We wiped three times to Enrage because too many people were dead. It took that many stacks of Determination for the ten people who did know how to do it to be able to kill him in time. I know a lot of people say the criticisms of the skill of people in LfR are overblown, but really, how can people still not know how to do it?

Durumu is an exception to the rule because it's not so much his mechanic that kills people, as it is his graphic. It can be pretty hard to see unless (and even if) you're well-versed in it. I have occasionally failed at the maze too, and afterwards was kicking myself, but it happens.
100 Night Elf Druid
09/24/2013 03:31 AMPosted by Kaufman

This is the truth. I did Durumu yesterday. Despite the fact that it's been out for about five months, half the group still died during the maze phase. We wiped three times to Enrage because too many people were dead. It took that many stacks of Determination for the ten people who did know how to do it to be able to kill him in time. I know a lot of people say the criticisms of the skill of people in LfR are overblown, but really, how can people still not know how to do it?

Durumu is an exception to the rule because it's not so much his mechanic that kills people, as it is his graphic. It can be pretty hard to see unless (and even if) you're well-versed in it. I have occasionally failed at the maze too, and afterwards was kicking myself, but it happens.
Depends on what is killing them. If the maze is killing them, then that would be the exception, since the maze graphic gets messed up about half way through. If the beam is killing them, that is just pure fail.
90 Blood Elf Priest
nobody told you I guess, but it is always a healing issue
70 Worgen Warrior

This tank. This [fuzzy puppy] tank.

*curse words redacted to forum-friendly cute animal phrases

We may be cursed, but some of us fluffy puppies are nice to our groups.

SQUIRREL!!! <runs off ahead>
Edited by Ironfur on 9/24/2013 6:04 PM PDT
90 Draenei Priest
I had a pretty painful Flex SoO run recently on my Mistweaver. The problem was it was a casual guild run and I'm a pretty new member, so I didn't feel I could say anything or get too mad.

We kept wiping on Immerseus so I inspected most of them, and I wish I hadn't. Most of the DPS had no or little or just plain wrong gems in their gear. One healer had a green 429 staff, and again no gems. One Hunter DPS was completely clad in greens and blues. And not even heroic blues - their highest ilvl items were the 458 PVP ones. It is seriously inexcusable to NOT have epics now that Timeless Isle is out. The icing on the cake though was their gems. They had filled their blue slots with +32 Spirit gems to get the Agi socket bonuses.

And the were so nice and sincere despite this cluelessness. I couldn't do anything but silently heal through the stupid.
27 Goblin Priest
Two tanks in, two on ignore. This isn't a very promising start.

Did three runs with a brewmaster who got super-defensive if things didn't go his way. Because Ragefire Chasm is srs bsns. He needed on and won a caster staff and a healing ring before I put him on the naughty list.

My second tank was fury, using a two-hander, unable to hold any meaningful threat AND needed on everything.

WTB a tank that isn't a total knobhead...
Short and not too bad story.

I'm leveling a holy pally( and having a blast with it) it's lvl 84, and I got into a blackrock caverns run, DK tank, dps warrior, rogue and I can't remember what the last dps was, we start off, and the aggro just isn't working for the dk, after a few pulls, we figure out that the warrior is prot, and ask him to change, he's not paying attention, so he doesn't change, the dk then offers to change instead, so he changes to frost, next thing we know, the warrior has changed too. All of a sudden, we have a frost dk, and an arms warrior, but no tank.

The rogue chimes up and offers to tank, "I'll tank, but we'll wipe" we did 4 pulls with no tank, til the dk finally switched back. Then we wiped because he pulled most of the instance at once... and apparently, his ego couldn't handle that, so he left, enter awesome pally tank!
90 Draenei Priest
Second wing of SoO. On my druid, first boss. Wiped on that whole beach event over and over and over. An hour in I left.

Later, got in on the dark shaman guy. Wiped, oh, I don't know, 5 times, or so? Over an hour, just left.

The general, at least 3 times this week. Wiped more times than I can count. Never did get him down on my druid nor priest. Plain gave up.

Dark shaman again on my druid. Took over an hour again but we got it. Won gold, and gold. Logged out. Sigh. Next week will be better, right?
90 Blood Elf Priest
In Scholomance: got a group in which the mage kept pulling for the tank. Right after Lilian, they pull almost the whole room of bored students plus the teacher, and I hit about 50k just trying to heal through it (thank goodness for void shift, I almost lost the tank way too many times.)

This was after the balance druid informed me that he had to help me out some because priests aren't good healers (by having Ysera's gift? He did throw out a couple of rejuvs, though.) But I was just like, what?
100 Tauren Druid
Got my Shaman alt into Pandaria on Sunday.

Now, most of Cata dungeons went a-OK. I was expecting much worse, but even when hunters face pulled extra groups, or the tank went afk, I handled it. I think I made it through all those LFDs without a single full wipe. (OK, there was the Lost City when a DPS and tank left on zoning in, and me, a mage and a Hunter decided to push forward - got the first boss down with the mage dying at the same time, but does it really count as a wipe if the boss dies?)

Got a couple quest rewards to get myself to the required ilevel and queued up.

Stormstout.

Monkey Boss? Fine.
But then the tank decides that the best way to handle bunny swarms is to tank them, one at a time. Two DPS push forward ... pulling the Bunny Boss while the tank is still hanging out tanking individual bunnies. Make it through, thankfully.

Gets fun once we get to the Alemental ...

DK DPS keeps grabbing aggro. No one is jumping the stun waves. As I realize my mana is low, I check boss health ... nearly 100%. Of course, no one is killing bubble shield.

Wipe.

DPS: "How the %^&$# do you wipe on this?"
Me: "By not killing the bubble shield"
DPS: What bubble shield?"

It's then that I realize that having months of totally overgearing heroics have spoiled us. Of course you wouldn't know to kill the bubble shield if every heroic group you've ever had drops the boss within 10 seconds and he doesn't summon a shield.

Also fun was Jade Temple. Run goes just fine, except for the Ele shammy who doesn't know how to move out of stuff (I eventually stopped healing him). Sha dies, and I run back to the entrance to collect my quest rewards. That's when I notice everyone's health dropping like a stone.

"HEALER! HEY HEALER!"

Yeah ... guess there was a level 90 in the group who really wanted to do the bonus boss.
90 Blood Elf Monk
Got my Shaman alt into Pandaria on Sunday.

Now, most of Cata dungeons went a-OK. I was expecting much worse, but even when hunters face pulled extra groups, or the tank went afk, I handled it. I think I made it through all those LFDs without a single full wipe. (OK, there was the Lost City when a DPS and tank left on zoning in, and me, a mage and a Hunter decided to push forward - got the first boss down with the mage dying at the same time, but does it really count as a wipe if the boss dies?)

Got a couple quest rewards to get myself to the required ilevel and queued up.

Stormstout.

Monkey Boss? Fine.
But then the tank decides that the best way to handle bunny swarms is to tank them, one at a time. Two DPS push forward ... pulling the Bunny Boss while the tank is still hanging out tanking individual bunnies. Make it through, thankfully.

Gets fun once we get to the Alemental ...

DK DPS keeps grabbing aggro. No one is jumping the stun waves. As I realize my mana is low, I check boss health ... nearly 100%. Of course, no one is killing bubble shield.

Wipe.

DPS: "How the %^&$# do you wipe on this?"
Me: "By not killing the bubble shield"
DPS: What bubble shield?"

It's then that I realize that having months of totally overgearing heroics have spoiled us. Of course you wouldn't know to kill the bubble shield if every heroic group you've ever had drops the boss within 10 seconds and he doesn't summon a shield.

Also fun was Jade Temple. Run goes just fine, except for the Ele shammy who doesn't know how to move out of stuff (I eventually stopped healing him). Sha dies, and I run back to the entrance to collect my quest rewards. That's when I notice everyone's health dropping like a stone.

"HEALER! HEY HEALER!"

Yeah ... guess there was a level 90 in the group who really wanted to do the bonus boss.

FYI sha does not have a ground aoe it has a dispelable magic aoe debuff that it places on a random player. Its a common mistake for newer healers to make but i have seen people die multiple times because the debuff is not removed simply because the healer does not know about it.
90 Tauren Hunter
Fun fact, I transferred to Hyjal.

Welcome to the realm. I love it here.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]