Things You Don't Want To Hear Healing PUGs 12

90 Tauren Priest
06/14/2013 11:55 PMPosted by Druimeister
He never understood that it's hard to hold what you never had and that it's much harder to grab aggro when someone else has already been beating on a mob while healing.

Oh, I guarantee you he understood that. Some people are just class A jackasses.
90 Pandaren Priest
As odd as it is, I rarely run into a tank I hate - usually it's the DPS giving me a hard time.

That's funny, it's the opposite for me. Tanks giving me a hard time and DPS sticking up for me.

Anyway, I hate seeing "WTF heals" in any form. I don't mind if you die and say something like "heals?" or "what happened there heals?" since I do make mistakes, get distracted, or lag out for several seconds. But seeing someone say "WTF Heals!" makes me want to punch my computer screen. Don't know why that phrase pisses me off so much.
90 Human Paladin
I was doing some scenarios on my priest. Just regular scenarios as she just hit 90 and is gearing up. There was a DK with 200k health. Yep, rez sickness. 8 minutes left. So me and the other poor guy had to carry him until almost the end. He averaged something like I want to say 3-8 k dps with rez sickness.

Then on the flip side I got a mage with over 500k health in a later one. I don't even have that much in my off spec of prot.

On my priest I already have mana issues because of low item level/spirit. So it is extra fun when they start the pull without letting me get mana. You just have to drink as quickly and as often as you can between pulls.
63 Night Elf Druid
My husband, on his feral druid and I got Underbog a while ago. We got a group of 3 from the same guild, guardian druid, spriest and mage. I'm guessing the tank did not like all the druids, so immediately says i'll be back later I'm going to go eat dinner and then talk to my attorney about my !@#$%^ conviction. He proceeds to afk out. Then they each tried kicking us..first my husband and then myself. I guess they didn't notice we were from the same guild. Still haven't pulled and still sitting at the front. They tried a sneaky one and tried to kick me for reason of afk tank, trying to trick my husband. So I tell my hubby to go tank. I went ahead and kicked their tank saying bad heals, it went through. (I'm guessing they didn't expect that to happen since we had just been sitting there waiting to see if they would go.)

As soon as it happened the shadow priest pulls everything in the front and then runs out of instance. Since my husband went tank, no biggy. I healed we survived. Unfortunately the mage just didn't make the cut, and was ran over. Opps. They left we got a new group and all went well. I have no idea why some people feel the need to troll others when they are in a group of friends. I like to think that perhaps they learned a lesson and will be nicer next time. I feel bad for new players getting in those kind of groups.
90 Undead Death Knight
Worst healing story I have.

Popped into ToES LFR on my Mistweaver, fresh run, it took us several minutes to clear the sha trash before the protectors though. Protectors go off without a hitch and in comes Tsulong, he took longer than he should have and I went OOM during the fight, so I push cannibalize with my fingers crossed and it works, no idea what I'm eating but I'm not complaining. We down Tsulong and I get a pretty trinket, off to Lei Shi. We down the trash after the one of the tank complains about DPS (oh how right he was). We pull Lei Shi and everything goes fine, that is until the a tank dies and we brez her only for her to die again. Then the other tank dies and we're out of brezes at which point the tank points out it's 30 seconds until the enrage, thankfully she is around 8%. She enrages, I pop Xuen, life cocoon and blow surging mists like mad, we barley make it with around five people left, me included. Much celebrating was had but I decide I don't want to wait and see how sha turns out so I leave.
Edited by Mesorem on 6/17/2013 10:18 AM PDT
90 Worgen Priest
I was leveling my mistweaver monk...

in one Throne of the Tides run:
Tank: brb
<1 min later>
Tank: Back, I got the weed, I had to smoke the bowl

Yeah... despite that, he was fun to run with. Only screwed up once and died, and luckily the awesome mage kited the boss.

In a Vortex Pinnacle run:
Sitting at the entrance, tank immediately goes "brb" "Have to take a massive dump, brb" but never comes back.
90 Draenei Shaman
So recently coming back I threw myself into LFR for my sigils and ToT for gear upgrades. And usually easy VP. But it's Monday night and all my queues were instant queues outside of the last part of ToT which we wont talk about...

Came in on Garalon in the first part of HoF. Healed it with half the raid group dead. Yeah...it took a while and I found myself counting the seconds till my MTT came back up since I was suffering from mana withdrawal. Didn't help with ranged eating the crushes like it was the new breakfast of champions either.

I think that fight should have an achievement - "Healing through Stupid" would work.
87 Draenei Death Knight
My main is a priest and pretty much always has been. Decided to level a DK and tank. I felt like it'd help me to better understand the game. Now that we are at ToT I don't have too many horror stories healing, I mean yea LFR is terrible, but what do you expect. So maybe that's why running these randoms seems more terrible then I remember.

So I zone in to Throne of Tides. Things seem fine. My health isn't dropping. And all of a sudden I see two DPS drop. Given they were a bit squishy. It takes until about 3 or 4 pulls in to realize the druid is only healing me. No one else. I kindly tell her that she can heal the rest of the group. I should be able to hold my own for the most part. She continues to let the others die and simply yells that they need to move out of bad stuff on the ground and there is a lot on the ground in this dungeon. But I watched, they weren't. At least not long enough to warrant the die cause you're stupid treatment. A tank ring drops that I need. So druid healer rolls need and gets it. She says she didn't know it was a tank ring. Bull crap. Try to kick but she had a long kick timer. I know it wasn't me cause this is my second run in a week. I simply would have left group but I was helping a guildie out.

As one other DPS (who's main is a druid healer) tried to give some advice. To which she yells at me to pull. And then pulls the boss. I let her die then take over and it goes fine. Basically every pull two DPS died. On the last boss I was the only one alive to DPS the actual boss.

Second run same dungeon. I just had a hunter who's pet taunted everything. I kept telling him to turn it off, finally after he nearly wipes us on those things that toss you into the air and smash the ground he says oh I forgot bite also taunts. Healer tried to blame me for that. Nope it was the huntards pet.

I can now see why tanks are so angry. I don't blame them. I thought I was bitter as a healer haha. So to any tank I may have said bad things about. I apologize...unless you were completely rude.
Edited by Sevah on 6/17/2013 9:48 PM PDT
90 Draenei Shaman
Worst healing story I have.

Popped into ToES LFR on my Mistweaver, fresh run, it took us several minutes to clear the sha trash before the protectors though. Protectors go off without a hitch and in comes Tsulong, he took longer than he should have and I went OOM during the fight, so I push cannibalize with my fingers crossed and it works, no idea what I'm eating but I'm not complaining. We down Tsulong and I get a pretty trinket, off to Lei Shi. We down the trash after the one of the tank complains about DPS (oh how right he was). We pull Lei Shi and everything goes fine, that is until the a tank dies and we brez her only for her to die again. Then the other tank dies and we're out of brezes at which point the tank points out it's 30 seconds until the enrage, thankfully she is around 8%. She enrages, I pop Xuen, life cocoon and blow surging mists like mad, we barley make it with around five people left, me included. Much celebrating was had but I decide I don't want to wait and see how sha turns out so I leave.

Just as a side note since I don't know if you know it - during Tsulong on phase 2 where he's all bright and pretty, if you stand in front of him he'll regen your mana for you with his fiery breath. Since fire = mana regen now. But that's the only way I can heal the other part of the fight and I go back into phase 1 with a full bar of mana each time.

I had a mouthy group in there today. Of course it's the under-achievers who are mouthing off at the, for lack of better wording, MT with the second tank being a squishy, squishy DK. Finally kicked one of the jerks who was a healer not doing anything outside of exercising his mouth through his fingers.
91 Worgen Druid
06/14/2013 09:25 AMPosted by Asanpi
[quote]
Just want to say you are adorable. The horns, hair and hat are awesome.

G'aw. Stahp. You're making me blush.

Ty, though. :3

I have a soft spot for femcows.

So cuddly.

I had this issue running my 440 ilvl Prot Warrior through Jade Temple with a Mistweaver healing and probably at least 50 ilvls above me (in full LFR hero regalia). He continually ran ahead and pulled mobs. This bugged me but I wasn't going to make a thing over it when he could obviously handle it - until he started talking about the tank (me) not holding aggro and how awesome he was to carry us. He never understood that it's hard to hold what you never had and that it's much harder to grab aggro when someone else has already been beating on a mob while healing. He was much too leet for such considerations.

Hate those people.

This game has been one of the sole causes of my lack of faith in humanity.
91 Worgen Druid
Why do people accept the dungeon queue and immediately afk for ten mins to eat, poop, smoke up, etc? Why??

Well at least for the case of smoking up, it's not hard to do it while tanking/healing/dpsing.

I also eat while doing all of the above.

The bathroom is what you do either before the queue, or immediately after, depending on if you're dps or not.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Leveling a Druid, I was hugely enjoying the instant ques which come with being a healer, as well as the stupidly OP BoAs. Got to level 70ish and got into Utgarde keep (I believe). Blah blah start going first pull I immediately notice aggro is going everywhere. I've got a few things, the mage has got a couple, ele shaman has one or two, and the WW is merrily SCKing with all the rest of the trash beating on him. At this level in BoAs, each tick of my rejuve heals for ~40% a tanks HP, so keeping people alive is still very simple.

After two trash pulls, I notice that the warrior tank isn't actually hitting more than one mob. No tab-targeting. No aoe or cleave. If I was going to roll a warrior, I would probably use thunderclap on CD, even if the situation didn't call for it, just because it looks cool.

Okay. I whisper the warrior, reminding him that if he doesn't hit something I get healer aggro. No response, and still no threat. I decide to play with him for a second, and let LB drop off. Within 6 seconds, he is dead. Err... Okay. I inspect him. He has a piece of heirloom gear on, where is his issue? Oh wait. It's the PVP plate int shoulders. Hmm, Righto, let's look at everything else. With something of a mounting sense of amazement, I see agility leather, a level 36 sword, some cloth, some actual plate. I whisper him again, but after he continues to not respond I call him out in /i. After everybody else has a good laugh, and still with no response from him, he gets vote kicked. DK tank joins, merrily finish the rest of the run. Reque with the WW and ele, get nexus...

Fuuuuu... It's the same tank. Bloody hell. For !@#$s and gigs though, I modify one of my weak auras (which alerts me to keep a track of tank CDs) to make my entire screen flash red and playa ridiculous scream sound when/if the tank uses a CD, or shield block/barrier. Wellp, nothing. Not being able to kick him for another 4 hours, we decide to let a hunter pet do the tanking. This poor warrior keeps trying to keep up, and whenever he does he pulls a mob and dies, then runs back and does it again. My WA, which would literally make the game unplayable if it went off, did not get triggered the entire dungeon.

I just don't get it. How can you have sufficient brain function to operate a computer, and yet be that stupid? He didn't say a single thing in chat the entire time. I'm all for helping people learn, but this time it was beyond ridiculous...
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I just don't get it. How can you have sufficient brain function to operate a computer, and yet be that stupid? He didn't say a single thing in chat the entire time. I'm all for helping people learn, but this time it was beyond ridiculous...

(It's a bot... shhh.)
Edited by Lucydin on 4/11/2014 1:22 AM PDT
90 Pandaren Monk
06/18/2013 05:13 AMPosted by Lucydin

(It's a bot... shhh.)

No, bots actually use abilities. Maybe not the right ones, or not at the right time, but they do use them.
100 Draenei Shaman
06/15/2013 04:19 PMPosted by Zhugemei
As odd as it is, I rarely run into a tank I hate - usually it's the DPS giving me a hard time.

That's funny, it's the opposite for me. Tanks giving me a hard time and DPS sticking up for me.

Anyway, I hate seeing "WTF heals" in any form. I don't mind if you die and say something like "heals?" or "what happened there heals?" since I do make mistakes, get distracted, or lag out for several seconds. But seeing someone say "WTF Heals!" makes me want to punch my computer screen. Don't know why that phrase pisses me off so much.

WTF Heals?!
90 Draenei Shaman

It's always amazing to me that people can get that far and not even be wearing anything close to the right gear. I guess after seven years (seesh, really?) I have should have long since ceased to be amazed. But at max level in any expansion there's at least one per month to make me go "How for all that is holy did you get to be max level?"

WTF Heals?!

*twitch*

I'm sorry, my gear only allows me to heal through so much stupid per day. That quota has been met, please try your luck tomorrow.
90 Tauren Monk
I have a soft spot for femcows.

So cuddly.

I have a soft spot for female worgies as well as my cows.

I'm so glad this thread is still here. Gives me a good laugh and I think I've actually learned quite a bit.

My horror stories are very far and in between. I guess I'm just lucky. I do get a lot of stupidity at 15-20, but it always evens out quickly.

I did once have a clothie DK tank while leveling my shaman. People called him out on it, but despite his wardrobe malfunction, he was actually a decent tank. I could heal him just as well as a tank in correct gear.

But that's really as bad as it gets.
Edited by Hefnut on 6/18/2013 4:00 PM PDT
91 Worgen Druid
I have a soft spot for female worgies as well as my cows.

Oh hey! Just transferred this toon off Skywall last month. >.>

06/18/2013 09:40 AMPosted by Hefnut
I did once have a clothie DK tank while leveling my shaman.

Was it cloth BoA? I've seen those. They'll get a set of cloth for the XP bonus that all their toons can use and not bother with the rest.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]