Things You Don't Want To Hear Healing PUGs 12

90 Blood Elf Priest
11/11/2013 03:34 PMPosted by Ocyla
I didn't get that much during the last patch (haven't done PvP this patch except the 2 wins necessary for the legendary quest), but I would get a lot of people complaining to others that they were doing more damage.

We got this once in a while on that Heart of Fear fight (wind lord I think?) that made DK self healing insane and heroic doggies (MV) that made our paladin have insane self healing that did out-heal us healers. But to "WTH" your healers over it, it's like ok great than you don't need me huh /leave.

Someone has to be the lowest dps, people need to understand that. Same with healing.
90 Troll Druid
I never understood that with bgs, though - if I happen to be at one base the whole time and there are only two of us so I don't want to leave (also because you never know what might hit and when), and we rarely get action, then of course I'm going to have the lowest % heals. It doesn't mean I was slacking off. Running around Arathi like a headless chicken chasing the fights isn't going to help anyone.
90 Tauren Druid
We had one of the tanks drop after we finished off Spoils in LFR last week, at which point one of the other healers made a comment about "that bad tank finally leaving." I couldn't resist pointing out to the healer that this "bad tank" which was a DK had outhealed him in our second to last attempt...unfortunately, he either didn't see it or ignored it, and so did everybody else :( I thought it was hilarious. That healer was slacking all night, it wasn't the first time one of the tanks outhealed him on a boss.

This isn't a situation in particular, but rather a small gripe/rant in general: what is it with tanks zoning into 5-mans - heroics in particular - and immediately running off like the White Rabbit on crank? Typically, this seems to be the same tank that then drops to 50% within a few seconds of pulling the first room and inevitably says "OMG HEALZ WTF??" I like fast runs as much as the next person, as I'm only there to farm Justice Points to replace some heirlooms, but seriously...taking 5-10 seconds to make sure your healer is zoned and has you buffed before you're off to the friggin' races isn't going to destroy your finally-tuned dungeon spamming schedule.

I tank dungeons, and I'm guilty of taking off as soon as I load in. I can't speak for all tanks, but I think a lot of us are simply just forced into it because of the rabid go-go-go mentality of so many players. It's gotten noticeably worse since the patch hit and 5-mans are full of overgeared dps who want their valor RIGHT NOW. I used to wait until I saw that the healer was all ready and loaded in, but now I take off as soon as I slap up a buff because if I don't then the hairtrigger dps or even the healer will run off in front of me and start pulling.

So yeah, I try and go and quickly as possible to try and prevent people from running ahead of me because it irritates the hell outta me...and 5-mans are so easy that there are zero consequences for pulling ahead of the tank. Tanks aren't even needed in them anymore.
We had one of the tanks drop after we finished off Spoils in LFR last week, at which point one of the other healers made a comment about "that bad tank finally leaving." I couldn't resist pointing out to the healer that this "bad tank" which was a DK had outhealed him in our second to last attempt...unfortunately, he either didn't see it or ignored it, and so did everybody else :( I thought it was hilarious. That healer was slacking all night, it wasn't the first time one of the tanks outhealed him on a boss.

This isn't a situation in particular, but rather a small gripe/rant in general: what is it with tanks zoning into 5-mans - heroics in particular - and immediately running off like the White Rabbit on crank? Typically, this seems to be the same tank that then drops to 50% within a few seconds of pulling the first room and inevitably says "OMG HEALZ WTF??" I like fast runs as much as the next person, as I'm only there to farm Justice Points to replace some heirlooms, but seriously...taking 5-10 seconds to make sure your healer is zoned and has you buffed before you're off to the friggin' races isn't going to destroy your finally-tuned dungeon spamming schedule.

I tank dungeons, and I'm guilty of taking off as soon as I load in. I can't speak for all tanks, but I think a lot of us are simply just forced into it because of the rabid go-go-go mentality of so many players. It's gotten noticeably worse since the patch hit and 5-mans are full of overgeared dps who want their valor RIGHT NOW. I used to wait until I saw that the healer was all ready and loaded in, but now I take off as soon as I slap up a buff because if I don't then the hairtrigger dps or even the healer will run off in front of me and start pulling.

So yeah, I try and go and quickly as possible to try and prevent people from running ahead of me because it irritates the hell outta me...and 5-mans are so easy that there are zero consequences for pulling ahead of the tank. Tanks aren't even needed in them anymore.

However, I have a feeling that you're not like the tanks mentioned, you don't run ahead without your healer without actually knowing that you might go splat, and if you do go splat, I'm pretty sure you don't blame the healer:)
90 Troll Druid
Ok, I guess I should expect this with the Jenkins room in UBRS, but still...

I zone in and am feeling okay because the tank seems patient and methodical. No one is squishy or does stupid things. We get through everything fine until the drake room. Usually I'm prepared for people wanting to try for the achievement, and I'm fine with it. I prefer that they tell me, which rarely happens, but since I'm expecting it it's fine. We try, it fails, we wipe, we rez. Obviously now we should just keep going and not step on more eggs, yes? Apparently no. One hunter (who I happened to have been in a bg with just before then and we had been chatting in whispers the whole run) makes it to the top and watches while the tank and other dps run in again before I even know what's happening, wipe everyone but the hunter, and we rez again.

The hunter and I explain that the achievement has failed already and we should just move on, and that we don't have to go through the room to get to the rest of the dungeon. They don't respond, and run in once again, killing all of us before I can sneak past to the top. By the fifth time, after much patient explanation from the both hunter and me, I'm feeling fed up. The hunter whispers me that he suggests I leave, and that he's bailing too. When I knew he was leaving, I dropped group asap since he was the only reason I stuck around for that long.

Communication is a good thing. I feel like sometimes people just don't read their chat boxes.

Oh, that makes sense actually...and the amount of times someone else pulls is ridiculous. I have a macro that says "Please don't run ahead of the tank and pull. I will not heal you." Harsh, maybe, but it irritates me to no end when that happens.
Edited by Edethra on 11/12/2013 11:09 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Priest
I never understood that with bgs, though - if I happen to be at one base the whole time and there are only two of us so I don't want to leave (also because you never know what might hit and when), and we rarely get action, then of course I'm going to have the lowest % heals. It doesn't mean I was slacking off. Running around Arathi like a headless chicken chasing the fights isn't going to help anyone.

You see it all the time when your team loses.

"Man guys, I was carrying this team and we still lost. Look at my #s, you guys really need to be better. Smell ya later."
92 Draenei Priest
Was leveling my Holy pally through some BC dungeons yesterday. Groups were a mixed bag, and most of them contained at least one DPS that decided they needed to pull for the tank. Not even pull mob groups, but crap like pulling the whole room and the boss. They wouldn't listen to me of course, so all I could do was not heal them. Not that that actually stopped them.

My last group yesterday I actually found quite funny. The tank left as soon as we zoned in to Auchenai - obviously not the dungeon he wanted. I inspected the DPS, which were a fully loomed Hunter and Warlock, and a Feral in quest greens. I was thinking, "I bet they're the sort of players who just love pulling. I might as well let them or we'll never get this done."

Me: Just pull guys, I can keep us all up

Silence. The Feral took a few steps forward but the Hunter and Warlock just sat there. It was the squishy as heck Feral who finally started pulling, he was hard to keep up but I couldn't complain as I had asked him. I'd thought the loomed people would have jumped at the chance, but apparently they'd come over all shy.

The rest of the dungeon carried on in this vein. The Warlock pulled sometimes with his Voidwalker, the Feral was the only one really charging in, and the Hunter to my surprise wasn't pulling at all.

I just found it really amusing. Maybe these DPS weren't the type to pull for the tank in the first place, or maybe they would actually be more likely to pull if there was a tank. It seems that when I want a good party that doesn't pull willy nilly I don't get it, but when I wouldn't mind people like that they can't be found.
90 Night Elf Warrior
Last night was horrible on my priest. I zoned into a Dire Maul run, and the first thing that happened was this.

Tank: Vote to kick me please
Tank: vote to kick
DPS: why? Did you not want this one or something?
Tank: I done quest for this place already sorry.
Me: You knew what was on the roster before you qued, you knew the risk.
*Tank drops group*

So after that happened everything went to hell. A new tank zones in and I'm thinking alright this should go smoothly now. WRONG. First boss and a group nearby is pulled, first everything seems normal. Then the monk gets agro, then the other priest, then myself. I'm doing everything I can to keep everyone alive. Luckily I switched to disc before I qued.

We down the first boss, I'm a little irritated, but just tell him he needs to cleave and thunder clap more. Luckily 2/3 dps did everything they could to keep things off of me. But I still got hit. We're on our way to the last boss, and 2 groups of 4 are pulled. I don't even know how I healed it. I just remember having to keep everyone alive, and people would go from 100% to 20% within seconds. At this point I'm aggravated, but I stayed cause I wanted to ding 47.

I looked at skada to see what he was doing, 0 revenge, 0 cleave, 2 thunderclap....then I get lower...5 slams, and 4 mortal strikes. He was arms. Normally I don't mind at low levels if someone wants to tank as a dps spec, as long as they can keep things off of everyone and especially myself. I don't even think he was in defensive stance. I think according to him a tank is someone that just puts on a shield and 1h on. No shield? No problem. -.-

He then bugs out the event before the last boss where you can avoid the captain by disguising yourself as an ogre. After we die due to the bug he drops group. We get a new tank, which was the one that left when we first started (lol). We finish, I que again.

Zone into an in progress run of strat living side. I think to myself "alright this should go fine, hopefully the healer they had didn't leave for a reason." NOPE...warrior tank goes into the gate, I get locked from the other side and have rats on me. The gate releases, he IGNORES the rats on me. Pulls not 1, but 2 more groups. I'm once again healing my %^- off, as well as keeping everyone else alive. The lock was the only one that died. Then I say this.

Me: I can see why your last healer left, like wtf? I have crap on me and you continue to pull more.
Tank: sorry *drops*

It takes a lot to annoy me and make me angry when I'm healing. After the run before, and then zoning into another one with the same issue, I was done being nice and okay with tanks messing up and getting me and others killed. Got a new tank and everything went fine, I logged off after that. At least this morning went well though. xD
Edited by Lextri on 11/15/2013 6:14 AM PST
90 Troll Druid
Short one, but ugh...I zone into Underbog for the zillionth time because I still need some gear from it. I've done this dungeon a billion times so I know how the fights go and where mobs are. Everyone is super squishy...I'm healing my butt off and wondering what on earth is going on because the other runs have been pretty chilled. I started wondering if maybe one of the dps was pulling extra mobs (I hadn't really noticed because I was just focused on keeping everyone up). Finally we get to Musul'ek and Claw. Everything is fine, albeit squishy, when suddenly I'm dead. I'm standing in the graveyard about to start running back.

Tank: who pulled?
DPS 1: wasn't me
DPS 2 (after a pause): the healer

Really??? Is it just the default to blame 'the healer'? I happened to have been right where I should have been - close to the tank, in LoS of everyone, and nowhere near any other mobs.

Me: I was right behind the tank, it wasn't me.
DPS 3: Lol it was me, I was so far back! Why is everyone saying it was them? It was me lol, I was so far back lol *drops group*

What?
90 Blood Elf Priest
I felt bad for a healer in one of the groups while leveling my warlock earlier...we got Mogu'shan Palace, had a monk tank. I was watching his health yo-yo quite a bit, so I checked Recount at the end of the dungeon.

He had used Blackout Kick seven times total throughout the entire dungeon.

:|
90 Troll Druid
I'm leveling a warrior, and this happened in one of the dungeons. Doesn't technically qualify for this thread since I wasn't healing, but things like this are what I hate most about PUGs, regardless of role or how smooth the run is.

(I queue as tank and join a party in Azjol-Nerub. The group is recovering from a wipe to first boss and three watchers are still up. 4 of us are ready at the bottom, but the healer is still a ghost.)

The warlock starts a long cast on one of the mobs. At this point, I have no idea if or when the healer is returning, and I know that engaging any of the watchers will trigger the entire boss event. I run out of the instance, and one of the other dungeon members follows me.

The warlock and the dk who stayed behind both die.

This ensues:
http://i.imgur.com/OkbvEWf.png

I initially thought he was complaining about me not tanking, but in retrospect he probably thought the dk was the tank (I have full heirlooms, and I was nowhere near him when he was complaining about aggro).

I also thought at first that he linked "Senior Sergeant" as a way to prove that he had, in fact, played since classic (the feat of strength achievements say "earned the title" instead of "earned a battleground rating" - I linked mine as a "hey look, me too." Apparently his title was the RBG title and he didn't know/notice the distinction, though (so there's a good chance he hasn't been, as he claimed, playing since vanilla). He was kicked before I could explain it.

Maybe I'm part of the problem for responding to hostility in kind. I really have no tolerance for people who blame others for tings they cause, though. I also can't stand people who wave around 'been playing since X' like it automatically makes them more knowledgeable or skilled at the game, regardless of whether or not they've actually been around - someone could have been terrible back then and still be just as terrible now, and some people who are new are quite skilled.

Mostly just venting, I guess.
Edited by Frozenorange on 11/16/2013 3:26 PM PST
90 Night Elf Monk
So here I was on my rogue, in Stratholme, and I see this warrior tank use Thunderclap and then charge in.

Wait. He didn't even charge. He hit thunderclap and slowly walked towards everyone. And shortly after he got there would TC again.

He starts dying all over Stratholme. I give the healer a few tips. The healer points out that the tank doesn't have a shield. "Fair enough", I said.

Times like this I wish I could go prot rogue.
06/10/2013 01:19 PMPosted by Asanpi
Fun fact, I transferred to Hyjal.

BUFFEH! :O

Anyway, was healing a dungeon earlier today and got a DK tank who was in purples and blues. I could heal him just fine, so I didn't have any complaints.

The issue came with the Mage who was pulling over 100k dps and constantly berating the tank for not keeping aggro. He and the warlock he grouped with were constantly douching it up the entire dungeon. :\

This is a legitimate complaint. If a DPSer can't do damage for fear that he will get killed because the tank doesn't know how to keep damage, that's kind of a problem for someone who's trying to finish a dungeon as quickly as possible without having to port out repeatedly to spend a fortune on repairs.
100 Troll Priest

However, I have a feeling that you're not like the tanks mentioned, you don't run ahead without your healer without actually knowing that you might go splat, and if you do go splat, I'm pretty sure you don't blame the healer:)

I agree that you don't seem to be like the tanks that I mentioned...you sound like you understand the consequences of running off without a healer, and that you're taking a risk that might lead you to die. If that happens, I have a sense that you wouldn't blame the healer because you're the one who chose to run forward before the healer was zoned in. The issue comes with tanks who automatically assume that I'm zoned in the moment they are, that I inherently know - most likely from my mad precog skills - that they're just going to run, and that any deaths that may occur in the process are attributable to "baddie healer." This often seems to happen with the water elemental wing of Temple of the Jade Serpent and the beginning of the Mogu dungeon with Xin (can't recall the name).

At risk of getting off-topic, I can understand where you're coming from as I've leveled a few tanks myself. I don't agree with the solution - giving in and rushing - but I understand your point of view. There can be the pressure from DPS and sometimes healers to 'go go go'. However, as long as we keep kowtowing to DPS with this rushy mindset, we're going to keep having issues along these lines. Additionally, I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed, but it seems like there are an increasing number of fresh 90s taking part in 5-man heroics. We often forget that doing a dungeon as a fresh 90 and doing a dungeon as a 502+ are two completely different experiences, and that fresh 90s are squishier. The rushing mindset only serves to make dungeons with fresh 90s more frustrating than they need to be.

Perhaps we healers and our tanking brethren need to work together more to reestablish what does and doesn't fly in dungeons, no matter if the dungeon is faceroll. This isn't to say that running dungeons fast is necessarily a bad thing, or that dungeons for which people are outgeared need to have marks and CC. It's just that there needs to be communication - even if it's just "Waiting for all to zone" - and that DPS need to understand that pressuring the tank to rush and/or pulling for the tank only serves to make the run riskier because now the healer is eschewing mana-efficient spells in order to save overzealous DPS.
Edited by Elduderíno on 11/18/2013 9:23 AM PST
Was on low level priest in dire maul. Tank was slow and got lost multiple times. Ended up doing some pulls without him at all and even wiped twice cause dps were dumb and pulled too much. On the bright side you feel pretty awesome kiting using priest 80% speed feathers while keeping 2 dps alive with mobile penance, PW:S, and renew. Throw out a few and psyfiend and some clutch flash heals. You got to really work for these low lvl 5 man clears!!
90 Tauren Druid
Tonight on Downfall LFR in the middle of Garrosh, I suddenly get called out by one of the other druids asking "if I'm planning on doing anything other than standing around casting nourish". Which yeah, I cast nourish a lot when there's nothing much going on because I'm anal about keeping harmony refreshed. But I was consistently top heals all raid and this guy was scraping the bottom, sometimes barely even ahead of the DK tanks. I don't think he even had a meter at all because it wasn't the first time he was rude about another healer's performance who was doing better than him. It was kinda bizarre.

As it was the middle of a fight all I said back was that I was doing a lot more healing than him and nourish was for harmony...he shut up after that, so maybe it got through. I admit if we weren't in combat I would've been sooo tempted to post the meter evidence like a jerk. <3
Edited by Xiggy on 11/19/2013 11:52 PM PST
90 Troll Druid
Urghkjsdhfnsdfubnsdjkvnb

I should just stop doing dungeons at all and level the slow way.

Just zoned in rather slowly to Utgarde Keep, and saw that the tank had already pulled and his health was falling. But there were quests, so I got the quests, then raced to catch up. I accidentally healed myself once, then proceeded to heal everyone like crazy because their health was dropping insanely. (Tank, aggro is good.)

Tank after another pull: stop healing yourself and target me
Me (after short rage which I kept to myself): I am, I just had bad lag (zoning in)
Tank: leave the dungeon then

So I did. I'm so sick of these kinds of things. I know, I know, don't do LFD...but people in my guild are mostly 90s and they're pretty much the people I know in-game. Eh, it was just a bad day for instances I guess...
90 Blood Elf Priest
Something I don't want to see happen: I only get 1 Secret from 6 ToT LFR bosses.

2 more to go and now I have to dip into the ones I wanted to save for Runestones. : /
90 Troll Druid
Get into a ToT lfr last week, myself and two other druids, one heals and bear tank. Tank says in chat "too many druids in here, i dont like competition for loot" <drops group>

Thus why we lovingly call it LFRetard.... Lol

And a side note Buffy about secrets,last week i ran all 12 ToT bosses and the first 8 of SoO and only got 4 secrets..... And only needed 5 to complete the quest. The RNG gods could have had mercy on me for suffering thru healing that much stupid.....
90 Night Elf Warrior
Get into a ToT lfr last week, myself and two other druids, one heals and bear tank. Tank says in chat "too many druids in here, i dont like competition for loot" <drops group>

Thus why we lovingly call it LFRetard.... Lol

And a side note Buffy about secrets,last week i ran all 12 ToT bosses and the first 8 of SoO and only got 4 secrets..... And only needed 5 to complete the quest. The RNG gods could have had mercy on me for suffering thru healing that much stupid.....

Every time someone gives me the "I don't like competition blah blah." I always respond with the same thing. "I didn't like competing for tier 1-2, and the eye of divinity with 5 other priests, but I got over it."
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]