Things You Don't Want To Hear Healing PUGs 12

90 Draenei Priest
3) 7 Submerges. Seven. The amazing bit about this run is we still got him down. Everyone was good about not standing in stuff, tank had good threat, there was just no damage going out on the boss. I was exhausted by the end of it.

Geezes you deserve a medal, an achievement, something! I think my worst one was 3-4 and I wanted to /wrists!

I've been on my hunter lately and I'm starting to think that as a dps I actually have it harder than any of my healers (I have three at 90 atm). As I was leveling I had a UK where a healer threatened to not heal me because I picked up quest items before them. I said they were shared items for everyone not especially YOURS. The healer replied their mana was THEIRS and they didn't have to share. Really?

The other day I was in a Shado pan monastery and a rogue and I stealthed/camo'd to avoid pulling an extra mob. Healer said "you skip mobs I skip healing you". Wut?

Now I know why I generally heal 99% of the time.
76 Troll Druid
s Gnomeregan just really freaking hard? Because that's what it seems like.

I always either get bad groups, unfinished groups, or just slow groups. Hate that place with a burning passion - if you're not careful, one misstep can pull the whole instance. Can we just nuke that one and replace it with something a bit less dated? It's why I'm so reluctant to get through the 20's.

Tell me about it. I had a bad Gnomer run this week. Queue pops, I zone in and immediatly die in the Fallout Room (First jump down). I didn't even have time to try and heal anyone. As I am running back in, I notice that the group had two hunters and a warlock (all from the same guild) and thought that one of them must have forgotten to dismiss their pet before jumping down. I jumped Down and rez the tank (they died as I reentered the dungeon) only to realise that both ot the hunter pets and the warlock pet were running through the dungeon to us. Wispered tank to not pull anything until the DPS had died and I just healed the pair of us (explained why to wait). While we survived, I refuesed to rez the DPS as they could have run back into the dungeon in the time it took for us to finish combat. One of DPS tried to vote kick me but it didn't go through (tank let me know reason was "WTF HEALS??????") and then they left. Got three new DPS and the run was smooth from there.

And, at least in the past we had SM Graveyard that would pop occasionally as well. Since the revamp though, it took out that savior from Gnomeregan Runs.

Second run was a RFD run last night. Zone in at the start to find that the Lv44 Ret Paladin has 1.2k more health than the Lv44 Warrior Tank. I had 500 more health than the tank and I was Lv42. The Enhancement Shaman at Lv43 had 250 more health than the tank and the Lv42 Fire Mage has the same health as the mage. Alarm bells were ringing but considering I had waited 55 minutes for the queue to pop I stuck with it. When the tank died for the first time, I inspected his gear. He had white minimum Lv10 mail and a mix of plue and green Int/Sta/Spi cloth on adn I discovered he was in Arms spec. Asked him to change to prot spec as "I can help keep you alive easier if you are in Prot Spec." Response from tank was "How?" Couldn't kick tank - must have been kicked a few times and had kick immunity. Whispered the Ret pally and asked him to tank for me and I would make sure he would not die. He tanked in Ret spec and I kept him alive for the rest of the dungeon. The Warrior seemed to like kissing the ground - I think he ended up dying about 8 or 9 times.
90 Troll Druid
Well, all that about Gnomeregan makes me feel better. It's the only instance I've done so far that I actually find unpleasant and kind of hate a little bit. I thought it was just my noobness, but if you guys are having issues with it, it must be the instance. If I never see that place again..but alas, I am an altaholic, so I'll be seeing it many times >.>
90 Troll Shaman
Yeah, I've had a lot of trouble with Gnomer lately. Pretty much every hunter and/or mage I've grouped with didn't dismiss their pets when jumping. About after the 3rd time it happened, I started mentioning it every new group. Didn't prevent it from happening though. ><
(Extreme altaholic here)
90 Human Paladin
No idea why this posted here. I was on another thread.
Edited by Corildthon on 6/30/2013 5:16 AM PDT
90 Human Priest
Ok, so I wasn't healing this particular run but the healer was quite fantastically bad. I was on my pally dpsing.

So we're in H Scholomance and I notice that the party is dropping pretty low every pull, I look at Skada and the Disc Priest is pretty much only using Atonement and Shield. This being trash, I don't say anything and we down the Lich Lady (albeit, all of us were very low)

Tank is either oblivious to the fact that he's low or very confident that the healer would keep him up, so he charges straight in to Janice Barov's room, pulling everything. 20 seconds later, we're looking at our corpses wondering what on earth happened, while the tank meanders around still hovering around 10% for a long time before he dies. Priest died last (Still smiting away)

Looking at Skada again, the bulk of the healing was atonement (not much), Shield (very little) and some renew ticks ( I mean, COME ON).

The priest immediately begins !@#$%ing about how we should use CC and how the tank sucks. So I ask her politely why she doesn't dtop smiting and cast some heals. She immediately goes into a long monologue about how atonement is the bulk of a Disc Priests healing and that I should play a priest before I shoot my mouth off.

My reply was to say I main a priest and told her that a couple Prayer of Healing spells would have saved us.

To which she replied " whats that?"

We drop kicked her immediately.
91 Undead Warlock
Ok, so I wasn't healing this particular run but the healer was quite fantastically bad. I was on my pally dpsing.

So we're in H Scholomance and I notice that the party is dropping pretty low every pull, I look at Skada and the Disc Priest is pretty much only using Atonement and Shield. This being trash, I don't say anything and we down the Lich Lady (albeit, all of us were very low)

Tank is either oblivious to the fact that he's low or very confident that the healer would keep him up, so he charges straight in to Janice Barov's room, pulling everything. 20 seconds later, we're looking at our corpses wondering what on earth happened, while the tank meanders around still hovering around 10% for a long time before he dies. Priest died last (Still smiting away)

Looking at Skada again, the bulk of the healing was atonement (not much), Shield (very little) and some renew ticks ( I mean, COME ON).

The priest immediately begins !@#$%ing about how we should use CC and how the tank sucks. So I ask her politely why she doesn't dtop smiting and cast some heals. She immediately goes into a long monologue about how atonement is the bulk of a Disc Priests healing and that I should play a priest before I shoot my mouth off.

My reply was to say I main a priest and told her that a couple Prayer of Healing spells would have saved us.

To which she replied " whats that?"

We drop kicked her immediately.

What I want to know is how you make it past 50 as a healer without knowing what that spell is. And not get kicked from every single dungeon.
100 Gnome Monk
Yeah, I've had a lot of trouble with Gnomer lately. Pretty much every hunter and/or mage I've grouped with didn't dismiss their pets when jumping. About after the 3rd time it happened, I started mentioning it every new group. Didn't prevent it from happening though. ><

To be fair that's a thing, in general anyway, that's been happening since Vanilla. In Wrath in some instance or another on my warlock the tank said "Look out! We've got a pro here!" after I dropped my pet then resummoned him.

I thought he was being sarcastic so I stuck my tongue out at him. Then he mentioned how he hardly ever sees anyone dismiss their pet when jumping. Then I started thinking back about all those hunter pets ....

Gnomer is one of those dungeons that needs a Total Makeover. It's not that it's hard really. It's just that it's a bit quirky compared to other instances at the same level. So many people forget their parachutes, miss the doughnut agroing who knows what, leave their pets and so on. That's just the first few pulls!

That's not even mentioning all the optional bosses that so often get skipped because no one even knows they exist.

Edit: Multiple grammer failures. I'm still half asleep.
Edited by Kipery on 7/1/2013 8:23 AM PDT
90 Draenei Shaman
To be fair that's a thing, in general anyway, that's been happening since Vanilla. In Wrath in some instance or another on my warlock the tank said "Look out! We've got a pro here!" after I dropped my pet then resummoned him.

My more favorite memories of this happening in more recent times is in H BRC. Right before Cora (aka the easiest boss ever if people can handle stepping in and out of a beam of light). I remember tanking that a few months into Cata when it was common to jump down on the destroyed ramp to skip trash, including two of the dragonkin guys that hit like a truck. I was with a guild healer and DPS with two PuG DPS, one of which was a hunter.

The hunter had been good up to this point, including misdirecting onto me so when we jumped down and I pulled the group patrolling I didn't think a lot about it. Suddenly I see everyone's frame glowing yellow or red.

Then here comes kitty followed by the whole mess of mobs and both dragonkin. I manage to pick everything up but have to kite because of the dragonkins. The healer telling the group to kill them first or they'd beat me right into the ground. I popped everything I had to stay up and probably the only reason I did for so long was that I was in T11 sans shoulders. My healer finally ooms and I'm out of escape buttons and finally go down after the two dragonkins and a little over half of the mobs.

We managed to make it through it but after that I always told pet classes to dismiss and resummon their pets. Some people were silent but did it, some laughed and asked if I had had bad experiences. Some said "Oh yeah, thanks. That would have been bad." And a select handful of obviously L33T gamers raged and screamed at me asking if I thought they were stupid and how I was fail...

As for Gnomer - I skip the bosses not part of the questline anytime I'm tanking that thing on an alt. It's just not worth it to drag a confused group through it I've found. Except for one group, but they were all from the same guild and asked if I wanted to do the other bosses and we had no problems. Otherwise, while I know my way through there without a map I just take my group from quest to quest. On top of dealing with a ton of accidental pulls and parachutes failing (including glitching - my Monk tank died in there after I had picked up another parachute, jumped off the edge before the last boss and all I got were error messages...) it would be like herding cats to get people to the other stuff.
90 Pandaren Shaman
I didn't have a very good raiding week on my poor shammy.

I hopped into a fresh run Sunday night, whose progression I soon discovered was Jin'Rokh. It was a pretty epic kill - the blood DK was the last one standing, and he soloed the last 5 or 6 million HP. Horridon was a little much, but they followed his mechanics pretty well and were fun to hang out with. I didn't mind that.

I decided to try to get a couple more bosses in last night, so I joined a guild group starting on Meg. I don't mind wiping on progression bosses. I was consistently outhealing the disc priest, but I assumed I outgeared her, and the holy pally was outhealing me. We were all healing at 60-100k HPS. The healing was pretty decent.

After about 2 hours of wiping for various reasons, the rogue links overhealing meters, and says "Dat overhealing", referring to me (I think it was 35%, the pally was at about 28% overheal, don't recall the priest. Not amazing, granted, but I wasn't OOMing). I looked, and saw that about 60% of it was from healing rain, so I said "Ah, yes, the joys of healing rain". Amazing how a shaman might overheal more than two absorb classes :O

He proceeds to call me out for using too much healing rain, and not enough GHWs. He also told me not to use chain heal during rampages, and that healing wave was useless. I told him politely that I appreciated his advice, but I know my class pretty well. He proceeded to tell me that he also had a shammy, and he knew that I wasn't doing it right. I check the DPS - one person at 107k, everyone else is below 90k. I decided to politely bow out, as they were also looking for a tank at that point.

I just... harrumph. Maybe call DPS out for getting 4 breaths per head, instead of the pug healer? No? Okay.
90 Night Elf Priest
Well I decided i would do what I wanted in a Mogu'Shan Palace normal dungeon last night. It was easy and my group was fine so i figured I could.

At the last boss, I just stood in things and healed through it and everything worked out until I died at the last second. Nobody was mad though. I don't usually pull things like that but I decided yesterday was a good time to do so.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
At the last boss, I just stood in things and healed through it and everything worked out until I died at the last second. Nobody was mad though. I don't usually pull things like that but I decided yesterday was a good time to do so.

You rebel :O
90 Troll Druid
Ok, I know low level battlegrounds are not necessarily the most mature or best place to look for polite, reasonable people, but wow. This just happened in two back to back ABs on my level 12 Alliance disc priest.

By the middle of the battle, the Horde has four flags capped, including the stables because of course everyone ran off and left me and a rogue to guard. Five minutes to the end, they're in our graveyard, and I'm spam healing whatever is available to keep myself and others up. At one point only three of us were alive and most of the Horde team was there beating up on us, of course mostly on me. So, no, I wasn't healing anyone else, mostly because no one else was getting attacked except me. One hunter's health was at 50% but he wasn't getting knocked, so I was spam healing myself wondering why the others weren't helping me.

Then I see this in chat: gime shield
And again: heal me
I keep healing myself and die anyway. While I'm dead: I would if I could, kinda busy trying to stay alive

He didn't say anything, we lost a few minutes later, and I requeue. Lo and behold, the same guy on my team. We had five healers so I said I'd stay at the stables.

This guy: Yes, stay with me and heal me, and I'll protect you (i.e. "I will stay with you at stables")

So we go to stables. Then suddenly he leaves. With everyone else. I tell them to come back but they run off. A while later, six Horde descend on the place and I type STABLES.

Right after I die he types: "boom."

And then he goes on about how amazing the other healers are.

Really?

Yeah, I left.
90 Human Warrior
I'd just like to make this post again, even though i'm sure you've seen it a kabillion jillion times.
I pull hard. I pull very, very hard, and i often pull very very hard on toons without very much gear. The only reason those packs die is because of you beautiful people, keeping my crit-gemmed/reforged butt alive. Sorry if I'm a bit squish because of that, but healers in general seem to understand i'll eat faces anyways, so thanks for putting up with it.
100 Human Paladin
Derpmeifter as long as you never, ever utter the words "WTF Healz!!!!111!!" we're golden.
90 Troll Druid
I didn't have a very good raiding week on my poor shammy.

I hopped into a fresh run Sunday night, whose progression I soon discovered was Jin'Rokh. It was a pretty epic kill - the blood DK was the last one standing, and he soloed the last 5 or 6 million HP. Horridon was a little much, but they followed his mechanics pretty well and were fun to hang out with. I didn't mind that.

I decided to try to get a couple more bosses in last night, so I joined a guild group starting on Meg. I don't mind wiping on progression bosses. I was consistently outhealing the disc priest, but I assumed I outgeared her, and the holy pally was outhealing me. We were all healing at 60-100k HPS. The healing was pretty decent.

After about 2 hours of wiping for various reasons, the rogue links overhealing meters, and says "Dat overhealing", referring to me (I think it was 35%, the pally was at about 28% overheal, don't recall the priest. Not amazing, granted, but I wasn't OOMing). I looked, and saw that about 60% of it was from healing rain, so I said "Ah, yes, the joys of healing rain". Amazing how a shaman might overheal more than two absorb classes :O

He proceeds to call me out for using too much healing rain, and not enough GHWs. He also told me not to use chain heal during rampages, and that healing wave was useless. I told him politely that I appreciated his advice, but I know my class pretty well. He proceeded to tell me that he also had a shammy, and he knew that I wasn't doing it right. I check the DPS - one person at 107k, everyone else is below 90k. I decided to politely bow out, as they were also looking for a tank at that point.

I just... harrumph. Maybe call DPS out for getting 4 breaths per head, instead of the pug healer? No? Okay.

Yea that happens a lot, But it's always funny when someone who doesn't know how to play critiques how you play your class. The best part is proving them wrong and showing them that they are in fact the ones who need to L2P.
90 Troll Druid
I never really get bad incidents when I'm healing, but I do remember in a low level battleground once where a protection warrior (shield slam=dead) was calling our whole team trash. I decided to try and piss him off by continuously saying "u suk" or "u still suk lol" to him until he eventually pointed out the damage meters and how he was top. I told him that of course he is on top he puts a lot of effort into the complex rotation of mashing shield slam the whole game. Then I said to him why doesn't he stop worrying about damage and start worrying about the fact that he is a backpedalling keyboardturning scrub :D. No replies after that.
90 Gnome Monk
Some gems;
RL; Don't worry about Life Drain during beam phase, we'll just have tanks take 6 stacks each, healers make sure to spam big heals on tanks.
RL; NOBODY should be in melee or middle ring for maze except tanks.(We had a retadin and Frost DK)
RL; Healers, for Maze phase, just stay still and heal people, we don't need people dying because you're too busy moving and not healing.
RL; Whoever has the blue beam needs to move so we don't stack red and blue beams in one place.Pally Tank(Mocking Raid Leader); Force of Will, EVERYONE IN!(He jumps in on purpose.)

Sounds to me like you need a new raid leader.
If you don't mind, I'm going to give you some tips from what my guild does every week for Dumuru, just so you can share these gems. Blue beam should be standing still, inbetween yellow and red. Yellow should be on the left, red should be on the right. Red should begin running one direction, and yellow should be slightly moving the opposite direction, until it drops and moves automatically. We put both of our tanks in yellow, our 3 heals in blue, and the dps on red, so red can kill the adds fast. If a dps get's blue, they just stand where blue should be, and the healers give some extra help for red for the lack of person. If a healer get's red, a dps goes into blue. Whoever get's yellow just drops it, and goes back to where they should be.

One person should have a raid marker on them for the people to follow them, and my guild has everyone come as close as they can, and we don't die.

But god. That RL.
90 Draenei Priest
Healer: "#yolo"
100 Pandaren Shaman

Sounds to me like you need a new raid leader.
If you don't mind, I'm going to give you some tips from what my guild does every week for Dumuru, just so you can share these gems. Blue beam should be standing still, inbetween yellow and red. Yellow should be on the left, red should be on the right. Red should begin running one direction, and yellow should be slightly moving the opposite direction, until it drops and moves automatically. We put both of our tanks in yellow, our 3 heals in blue, and the dps on red, so red can kill the adds fast. If a dps get's blue, they just stand where blue should be, and the healers give some extra help for red for the lack of person. If a healer get's red, a dps goes into blue. Whoever get's yellow just drops it, and goes back to where they should be.

One person should have a raid marker on them for the people to follow them, and my guild has everyone come as close as they can, and we don't die.

But god. That RL.

Yeah, I did need a new Raid Leader, and a new server, and a new faction... <.< So I got all three at once!

Funniest thing about the whole thing though was that we had one shotted it the week before. -.-
And after that raid night, we had a list of people quit the group.
1 Pally Tank, whom had mocked the Raid Leader
1 Druid Healer, she had argued with the raid leader about the mechanics of Durumu alongside myself... She got fed up.
1 DK DPS, Pally Tank's Brother
1 DK Tank, Friend of Druid.
1 Warlock, Left Server
1 Priest Healer, Also fed up with Raid Leader, but over RL's refusal to let him switch to DPS for most fights since we didn't need 3 healers.

So then the RL decided to disband the group and I decided to server transfer with the Druid Healer and DK Tank over to Thrall.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]