Things You Don't Want To Hear Healing PUGs 12

90 Troll Druid
Umm backwards. There is a reason we hump columns in PvP . It is not to keep the DPS alive.

Just let those stupid comments slide by as best you can. They are not the PvP players that you want to partner up with anyway.

True that...I was kind of surprised at his comment: I'm a noob and I know better. Oh, well... :)
100 Blood Elf Mage
I'm leveling a holy/shadow priest, and the only real horror story has been Gnomeregan. I had a hard time with Stratholme, due to visibility issues and overly aggressive pulls, but Gnomeregan was just pure stupidity. The group was me in holy, 2 prot paladins, a prot warrior, and a rogue. All three tank spec'd players decide to tank. With my only healing spell at that point being flash heal, and all 3 tanks running around corners, we wipe pretty quick. The "dps" paladin leaves, and we get a warlock. Another wipe or two from tanks running ahead, and leaving the warlock to try to protect me, and we get past the first hallway. We get to the point where we jump down, and they all run right to the edge, and jump. Nevermind that none of them had more than 20% health before they did so. Those that survived the fall are swamped with mobs, and we wipe again. Running back to that point, someone takes a wrong turn, and after fighting off another swarm of mobs, we repeat the jump to our deaths. The warrior leaves, and is replaced by a hunter. We run back to the jump, and all make it down safely. However, the hunter's pet aggro's another swarm of mobs, and just as we're on our way, we're swamped from behind. Another wipe. Finally, the tank decides to just run forward, and leave us all behind. He dies repeatedly before we finally make it to the last boss, and somehow defeat it.

Though the good part of it was the warlock and the rogue thanking me for healing under such horrific circumstances =). The rogue and I were consistently the last to die in every wipe.
90 Draenei Priest
First boss in LFR, only 2 of us are healing at a productive level. Top heals are a paladin, me, a DK, rogue, shadow priest, rogue. Sigh.

The boss gets down to about 20% and resets. I leave. I requeue later and the same thing happens but most people are onboard and we get him down, again. Killed Horridon too and although I'm at something like 30 kills for him, no healing trinket. Ugh.
90 Pandaren Monk
Did you know LFR Horridon has a berserk timer? I do.
Did you know that, no matter how much DPS you do, if you have Dinomancers up, you can't do enough DPS to Horridon if you don't interrupt them to actually down the boss? I do.
Did you know that, if those things happen, it's the healers' fault? I do.

Thankfully, when we finally downed him, I got Horridon's Last Gasp. \o/
Edited by Fistlobster on 7/13/2013 5:08 PM PDT
90 Draenei Priest
Is it just me, or is LFR getting worse?

was doing a trinket run on Horridon the other day, and both tanks decided they wanted to take horridon... for the entire fight. Also, they wanted to be as far from the active door as possible, in the first 30 seconds of the fight one of the tanks went down because they had wandered away from the first door and none of the healers thought to follow them.

surprisingly we still downed the boss, although we lost 7-8 dps along the way.
90 Worgen Priest
It's not just you. Lately the LFRs I get into have just been bad. Only two healers healing at all, tanks tanking in the wrong gear (warriors in leather, pallies in cloth, etc), the list goes on..

Was doing Last Stand of the Zandalari on Tuesday, and wow, Jin'rohk was horrible. Had multiple people drop lightning in the water. The healing meter was : Me, the resto druid, the DK tank, the Pally tank, a Spriest, the monk healer, another Spriest. And that was it. Three healers literally did no healing the entire fight. At least one of them was dpsing, the other two pretty much just AFKed the entire fight.

Getting real tired of LFRs.

Edit: Also, while in LFR I've seen Horridon hit beserk. Same thing with Tsulong in ToES LFR - before that I didn't know he had a berserk timer...
Edited by Arynevia on 7/14/2013 1:44 AM PDT
90 Blood Elf Priest
I just had a run that was not the worst but made me lose faith.
I'd been running SM halls for the Tabard most of the evening and when I was locked out I queued for heroic SM halls instead.
Queue pops, one dps says brb, warrior tank takes off, using the buckets to kill the humanoid with the dog packs. We go through the archery gauntlet, downed the Houndmaster fairly easy.
The tank doesn't stop, pulls all three packs in the chicane and every time I try to heal goes around a bend. Kinda making me angry. Get to Armsmaster and he pulls through the door, aggros with a dps on the outside. He's hitting Harlan, I'm getting hit by all the mobs that are spawned, I'm popping CD's and right before the boss goes down I die and pop up as Spirit. We loot, no tabard, tank runs off, I die (harder this time) and no one rezzes me as the tank continues to pull. "And the dumb@$$ keeps pulling" I say as I leave group and run back.
100 Night Elf Druid
Was doing Last Stand of the Zandalari on Tuesday, and wow, Jin'rohk was horrible. Had multiple people drop lightning in the water. The healing meter was : Me, the resto druid, the DK tank, the Pally tank, a Spriest, the monk healer, another Spriest. And that was it. Three healers literally did no healing the entire fight. At least one of them was dpsing, the other two pretty much just AFKed the entire fight.

I had an Iron Qon almost exactly like that, except it was Hpriest, me, Pally tank, Spriest, Spriest, Spriest, Rshammy, Dpriest. We one tanked/two healed everything up to Lei Shen. Fun run, until a hunter pulled Lei Shen while people where still getting onto the platform.
66 Night Elf Hunter
Was healing Blackrock on one of my alts that I hardly ever touch last night, and I have to say, I found it funny.

The tank, although he was a warrior sporting a few pieces of intellect gear, was not hard to heal in the least and could hold aggro pretty well. Honestly, if it's below level 80 and I can still heal you perfectly fine without your health plummeting if a mob breathes on you, you won't hear a peep out of me about your gear.

We get to the room full of low-health dwarves that you have to kill to get the torches, and it's at this point I notice that the shaman's been pulling for the tank half the time. In a room as precarious as this, things get dicey toward the second torch, but no one dies and we make it to the big rock boss.

The tank, understandably, asks the shaman to stop pulling.

Shaman: It's ok....I'll be fine.
Tank: Not worried about you. Shouldn't be pulling for the tank in general.
Me: He needs to keep aggro. You pulling the room for him isn't helping.
Shaman: It's fine, he's keeping aggro.

We unsuccessfully are trying to explain to this guy why pulling for the tank = bad, but he eventually starts linking the tank's gear in chat. Tank responds that gear doesn't matter much at this level, and I agree - he's not that bad to heal with an intel chestpiece and bracers.

Shaman starts explaining what kind of stats warriors should be looking for, and manages a nice little tirade while we're mostly ignoring him and taking down the last boss. It's like no matter what we say, this guy has to be right, even if his arguments hold no water whatsoever.

Two items drop, a tank trinket and I think an intellect one. The shaman condescendingly asks, "Tank, which one of these is best for tanking?" Tank says goodbye and drops without taking either. Not that he needed either of them since he had something better, but it prompted our shaman to call him a tool.

It was...odd.
80 Pandaren Priest
Get random dropped into Sunken Temple and notice right away our DK tank is a female belf with nothing on, only thing she has equipped is an axe. I ask her to please put her armor on because she is taking extreme damage, not holding aggro, and I am barely able to keep everyone alive.

The response I got was "stop being lazy".

We manage to get the troll boss down just barely and as I'm healing everyone up the tank takes off, we haven't even gotten a chance to loot things and she is fighting the two dragons in the center area. I couldn't get to her in time and when she dies she starts screaming to report me because I'm fapping to her and not healing.

1.) I'm not a lesbian and belfs look anorexic to me anyways.
2.) Why do tanks never pay attention to where people are before they engage? It isn't the healer's fault when you die because you couldn't wait 5 seconds.

2.) Why do tanks never pay attention to where people are before they engage? It isn't the healer's fault when you die because you couldn't wait 5 seconds.

Or be bothered to put armor on. Honestly I don't know why but starting dk tank levels are just nightmares for healing usually. Sometimes fun, mostly nightmare though.
92 Draenei Priest

Or be bothered to put armor on. Honestly I don't know why but starting dk tank levels are just nightmares for healing usually. Sometimes fun, mostly nightmare though.

I was in a group a while ago with two DKs, a tank and a dps. The tank was actually fine, but the dps had replaced his really good DK gear with white gear, and a mess of things like leather healer gear and a grey cloth hat. It really just boggled the mind. The poor, confused thing.
85 Goblin Priest
Get random dropped into Sunken Temple and notice right away our DK tank is a female belf with nothing on, only thing she has equipped is an axe. I ask her to please put her armor on because she is taking extreme damage, not holding aggro, and I am barely able to keep everyone alive.

We manage to get the troll boss down just barely and as I'm healing everyone up the tank takes off, we haven't even gotten a chance to loot things and she is fighting the two dragons in the center area. I couldn't get to her in time and when she dies she starts screaming to report me because I'm fapping to her and not healing.

I've seen very odd tank behavior lately, from not being able to hold aggro to doing silly things like the ones mentioned above. In all honesty, if i were in your shoes id just let the tank die and proceed without rezzing. Yesterday ran half a dungeon without a tank just fine. Just warn the group that you are ditching the useless tank, whose corpse is currently rotting down the hall, and not to worry about bouncing aggro. Granted, i am disc and can dps and bubble fairly well, and i actually prefer aggro all over the place rather than just one person.
66 Night Elf Hunter

To be honest I probably would've kicked her straight off after that response. That, or I would've asked someone else to stand in for tanking and let her lie there dead while we finished up.
90 Night Elf Druid
Just hit 87 and zone into Mogu'shan Palace for the first time. Pally tank, also 87, zones in and we get the "brb one sec" from him. Gives the rest of us time to pick up quests so I'm fine with that. After about 3 minutes of him afk, we're all still waiting. None of the rest of us want the deserter debuff, so we decide to go quest while we wait for him to get back. 5 minutes later, tank get back, asks "r?" and starts throwing his shield around the first room. I zone back in immediately and see him in the center of the room with every add headed his way. I start throwing everything I have at him, but, uh oh... "Banished: 4.0 sec". Dps has zoned in by now and has started the attack. Banish wears off and I get off a RG an a WG then bam...banished again. Tank goes down and right after, so do I.

Miraculously, the dps is stellar and we only lose one of them. The adds die even before I can run back in from the GY. I tell the group about the banish and apologize, even tho i did all I could. Tank gets rezzed (lazy you-know-what), and before I can heal myself up let alone get to him or the rest of the group, he's off and running, chain-pulling all the way down the hall to the first boss.

I decided the deserter debuff was way better than this...
90 Draenei Priest
Was in a Twin Peaks healing because I... dunno. I was struck with temporary insanity I guess. No one is getting the flag, 2 noodleheads are in the flag room but not getting it. I pick up the flag and take off, but get beat down just as I get out of the water from probably 4 dps.

I grumbled in /i about how fast I went down even in nearly full tyrannical. The usual response "maybe you are just bad" and "it can't possibly be you, you are elite" etc etc.

We went on to not touch the flag at all, until the very end where someone grabbed it a short time later, died nearly instantly, and horde marched up and down the field for 3 caps like it was nothing.

But nope, I'm the baddie bad.
90 Draenei Priest
Am currently in what was supposed to be MSV 10N

couldn't get past stone guard... so now were trying ToES
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Am currently in what was supposed to be MSV 10N

couldn't get past stone guard... so now were trying ToES

I have seen that logic from two different pugs. I don't get it O.o
90 Draenei Priest
its actually weird... we are doing better in ToES almost have the protectors down

nvm... ran into enrage while 2 healing it
Edited by Foriel on 7/16/2013 5:57 PM PDT
90 Draenei Priest
Did some oqueue RBGs tonight. Usually you hope it's better than mouth breathing random bgs. Nope.

Gilneas. We cap LH, I'm at WW, we get Mines. YES, this is good news. I figure no one went to LH, I ran back there. Sure enough the solo hunter left is defending against a rogue and feral. He didn't call inc. Together we save the day, call more incs and 3 additional enforcements arrive. Should be good right? Aoe aoe aoe? NAH. I get rail-roaded by 4-5 incs and die. The flag instantly gets capped. No aoe for some reason.

Then Mines gets tapped. No one called incs. Everyone leaves me and the hunter at LH. Hunter isn't laying traps nor flares. He ditches me there to go to mines. I stand around solo for a while, then call out that a dps better come or I'm leaving! A paladin shows up tells me to 'go heal' and someone said in raid we only need one dps at LH. I leave, halfway to WW, LH gets capped. No incs called. /facepalm

We take WW. EVERYONE LEAVES. I'm solo at ww!

I give them all a piece of my mind, we lose, I leave. I expect "we'll try to win" to at least act like they know what to do.
Edited by Ocyla on 7/17/2013 6:01 AM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]