Things You Don't Want To Hear Healing PUGs 12

90 Draenei Shaman
07/25/2013 08:56 AMPosted by Temm
It was the best of times. It was the worst of times. Those stories are probably my most extreme.

Stonecore. My little special place was always the hallway leading up to Ozruk. Both my shaman and druid pulled out some crazy stops to the most insane overpulls I have ever seen in that hallway.

I remember one time in Cata tanking that on heroic a couple months into the expansion. I was fortunately in full raid gear at the time when everything and it's brother seemed to get pulled. Somehow I manage to pick up everything and am blowing cd's along with the healer to stay alive. We manage to get through the piles of mobs (seriously at one point I couldn't see my tank till the big guy shot me in the air).

DPS 1: Wow that was awesome. Can't believe we lived.
Healer: Good tanking :)
Me: Well, I couldn't have done it without your heals.
Healer: I was able to keep you up since you know how to tank.
Me: I have my moments.
DPS 2: Let's do it again!
Me: *bops DPS*
*Group laughs*

That one still makes me smile.

It was the best of times. It was the worst of times. Those stories are probably my most extreme. It was epic encounters like healing through the 2nd boss of Grim Batol's mace on my shaman or having a resto druid pull two groups in ZA for my prot paladin because I wasn't challenging enough to heal.

I sometimes miss those heroics. My fiancee mained a warrior tank so when I ran with him I was Ret. So many times it was just him and me beating down a boss because the group derped and stood in stupid for too long. He got so used to running with me that he missed the LoH that I always tossed out to save him along with my AoE taunt (God I miss that) to drag stuff that ran off back to us when I wasn't with him.
Edited by Talai on 7/25/2013 11:04 PM PDT
After the third whipe on LFR horridon (no kidding) one of the tank said

/quote Its incredible the number of idiot who enchant and gem their LFR items since they will replace them so soon

And then we realised the DK had less then 500k HP and indeed had no gem or enchant.
100 Tauren Druid
Get into a MSV first half lfr. I do it because you get some sha crystals and get 90 valor in maybe 15-20 minutes and its usually more interesting the healing a dungeon as boomkin because I'd be bored to death as a resto. Zone in, start trash. Get up to dogs and dps says:
DPS: why are there 3 tanks?
Tank 1: who's the 3rd tank?
DPS: Smallishbear
Me: Um, I'm heals.
DPS: No you're not, you have 620k health
Me: I'm in heal spec, with healing gear. I'm a druid and I'm not in bear form.
DPS: Don't que as tank just to get a faster que
Me: I qued as heals. If I qued as tank I wouldn't be in here as it only puts two tanks in.
DPS: Kick the Druid
Me: ??? Have you even inspected me? I'm 544 ilvl, of course I have a ton of health. I do this for the shards and valor.
DPS: Nobody but tanks can get that high of health.

I proceed to moonfire the first dog just to end the conversation before I shot myself...
90 Troll Druid
"Sooli, move!"
100 Gnome Monk
LFR Megaera. Everything's going okay for LFR. I mean people are standing in the pretty green circles when they go off, getting one or two toasty fires close by for the poor freezing party members (edit: there weren't any) but otherwise it's okay.

Then they come. "Many spiders! Handle them!"

I was saving Revival for the next rampage but it was the perfect to time use it. The far tank picks them up, I guess because having melee cleave them would be too easy, and drags them back over. I line up an Ox and stun them so I can roll over and help the range dps them down just in time for the next rampage.

I guess no wipe, no foul?
Edited by Kipery on 7/26/2013 6:51 AM PDT
90 Pandaren Shaman
Get into a MSV first half lfr. I do it because you get some sha crystals and get 90 valor in maybe 15-20 minutes and its usually more interesting the healing a dungeon as boomkin because I'd be bored to death as a resto. Zone in, start trash. Get up to dogs and dps says:
DPS: why are there 3 tanks?
Tank 1: who's the 3rd tank?
DPS: Smallishbear
Me: Um, I'm heals.
DPS: No you're not, you have 620k health
Me: I'm in heal spec, with healing gear. I'm a druid and I'm not in bear form.
DPS: Don't que as tank just to get a faster que
Me: I qued as heals. If I qued as tank I wouldn't be in here as it only puts two tanks in.
DPS: Kick the Druid
Me: ??? Have you even inspected me? I'm 544 ilvl, of course I have a ton of health. I do this for the shards and valor.
DPS: Nobody but tanks can get that high of health.

I proceed to moonfire the first dog just to end the conversation before I shot myself...

This made me laugh so hard.....I have tears in my eyes!
100 Blood Elf Monk
ToT LFR, first wing

*Zone in*

"Kick the monk I don't want to roll against her for gear"
90 Troll Priest
Long time ago in a land called Cata, I heard this on vent, "What's a Magmaw?"

Needless to say, it didn't end well.
90 Troll Druid
Oh, bgs, why do I keep coming back to you...

I hadn't played much in two weeks and I'm fairly new to the game anyway, so I decided to do some bgs before jumping back into dungeons just to warm up. I get into AB and immediately this guy starts "reporting" everyone for being afk. You know, where they say the "type /afk to prove you aren't" thing. It annoys me to no end when people do that, partly because I was a total noob until recently, and it irritates me that they don't want new players with them. How else are they going to learn?? I ignored it the first time, though. The whole bg was difficult and tedious with constant fighting and the teams were pretty evenly matched, yet this guy still found the time to report me (and probably everyone else) for being afk several times. Finally I whispered him telling him to knock it off and fight instead of wasting time. He didn't answer. We won, but we all won the "We Had it All Along *cough*" achievement.

Another AB: everyone kept fighting on the roads and our flags kept getting capped so I said "Get off the roads and fight at the flags or we'll keep losing them." One rogue replies, "Really?? I'm a rogue lol. I stealth and gank idiots on roads." *sigh* We lost that one, partly due to all the rogues (there were many) having this same mindset and spending the whole bg "ganking idiots" on the road. Normally I love rogues and they're good players, but wow, this was so childish and ridiculous...

Also, I did a few random bgs when I got to 45. I kept coming in halfway through and into a whole mess of insults and swearing. I only had one bg that night where everyone worked as a team, took the methodical, thorough approach, and peeled when the four of us who were healing were getting bombarded by dps, with some "thank you"s and "awesome job"s thrown in there.
90 Draenei Shaman
ToT LFR, first wing

*Zone in*

Reminds me of something back in LK

A friend and I were looking to join a pug naxx 10. I didn't need any gear, but my friend did, so I thought I would join just to help him out on fights he didn't know. I see a paladin advertise for a naxx 10 saying they needed a dps, and a tank.

Me: Hey, 5/5 valorous mage here, I also have a tank that would like to go. He's not familiar with all the fights but I can explain them to him.
Paladin: What class is he?
Me: Warrior
Paladin: Sorry I don't like having competition for gear, but you can come.
Me:....I didn't like having 5 other priests to compete with in Vanilla for the Eye of Divinity, or tier 1-2. But guess what...I got over it. Good luck finding a tank.
-2min later-
Paladin: Hey you two still looking for a naxx 10.
Me: nope, we found one already. Oh and guess what....the other tank is a druid. =)

My friend got some tank pieces that night.
Edited by Riled on 7/27/2013 5:14 AM PDT
90 Draenei Shaman
ToT LFR, first wing

*Zone in*

Do they not know how LFR loot works at all anymore?

And I mean come on, even when we all rolled and people ran off with stuff they didn't need to get 5g from a vendor I still won gear on my Mage in DS - the one and only LFR she's ever done.

There are also times when I do have to wonder about other healers.

In my infinite wisdom this morning, while still groggy, I decide to tank some on my Monk who's gradually getting closer to cap. She's in BC dungeon's now and end up in Ramparts again. No big deal. I wish they'd move those quest giver's back a little though and immediately pick up the pat as soon as they pull towards one of the DPS picking up quests.

During this time we've said hello in chat, except for the healer, a Priest, who's hanging out to the left. Not thinking too much of this, I go ahead and start pulling and start watching my health zoom down as I'm getting stagger up, pop a cd here and there and we're good.

The Priest runs up to join us saying "sorry had to switch since Disc is for soloing." Okay... I don't know when Holy get's chastise but maybe just heal in Disc then let me know? Standing silently like you're ready isn't telling me much.

Anyways, I pull towards the smallish size but am chain pulling. Every once in a while a Ret Pally takes aggro on something (amazing how DPS manage to tunnel vision on the one mob you managed not to hit with the AoE) but he kills them off quickly. I'm still half asleep and constantly see the Priest falling back and running up to the group as I'm finishing a group off while moving to the next.

First boss I end up getting two packs with the boss. Not a big deal right? Haha. My guard breaks, and even with multiple cd's going and keeping up everything I'm going to die. Had I been more with it, rolling with expel harm spam would have worked but I had taken a second too long and thought that was it.

The Ret Paladin LoH's me, my guard comes off cd and we make it through.

After that pull, as we're running towards the upstairs the healer whispers me, "You can pull bigger if you want. :)"

I just said back "mk" while thinking 'No thank you'.

And yes they were serious since they then proceed to pull the entire courtyard. The Ret Pally pick's up a few mobs for me so I don't have everything beating my face in while the healer gazed off at the sunrise I guess.

And at the end? The healer says they were popping big heals, like double my health but they were all missing...WHAT?!

/facepalm
100 Draenei Priest
07/28/2013 06:47 PMPosted by Talai
"sorry had to switch since Disc is for soloing."

You got to wonder who tells people this stuff sometimes.

07/28/2013 06:47 PMPosted by Talai
And at the end? The healer says they were popping big heals, like double my health but they were all missing...WHAT?!

This can happen. See, Shadow is for group healing not Disc. So if you miss because you have no hit, your VT does no healing. I totally get it.

I guess that would be me.
Edited by Prideth on 7/28/2013 7:16 PM PDT
100 Gnome Monk
"sorry had to switch since Disc is for soloing."

I blame Noxxic. :)

Okay, maybe not this one.

Gnomer! My favorite of places! Wait, I hate Gnomer and I'm a gnome!

Leveling my baby druid I come into a group that first does the optional rockfall boss then jumps in a highly unusual place. I think I'm the only one who popped a chute. I look around and everyone is nearly dead except me.

The tank's friend, a huntard, lets his pet pull everything by not dismissing it. I, of course, get agro on at least half of it. The tank can't seem to pull it off me and I'm trying to keep us both alive. That was my fatal error. If I just let the tank die I wouldn't have died as well. A low level tank is only good for something if he can keep agro.

Tank and his hunter friend immediately drop. The entire party disbands. I decide to just leave the dungeon because this place is cursed.

Queue up again and it's ... you guessed it. Nothing weird though other than the ret pally very slowly soloing his way through after parachuting down since the tank decided not to jump because of a hunter in the group. We finished at the end with no deaths.

The End.
Edited by Kipery on 7/28/2013 9:02 PM PDT
68 Undead Priest
Tank is pulling 8 groups of mobs, constantly moving out of range and out of los, he doesn't slow down after the first 2 wipes and says: "I just want to get done faster"

Irony
90 Pandaren Shaman
So, my fiance and I were running a low level dungeon - SFK, actually. I was healing on my monk, he was DPSing, which is unusual because he usually tanks - for this very reason.

Okay, we had pugged in with this group through LFD beforehand, and re-qued. Everything went fine the first time. No one died. Hell, barely any health was lost to heal.

Then, we get to SFK. The tank runs in while I'm still at my loading screen, that's fine. It happens. Collect the quests, and make it up the stairs. The second we're up there, he starts chain pulling. I heal him through the first bit, and then my UI screws up. We say 'one sec', and literally, the second after we say it, the tank runs up the second set of stairs and starts puling things -down- to us while I'm trying to fix my UI.

He ends up dying. The conversation goes as follows:

Tank: You can either heal
Tank: Or sit with your fist up your !@#
Tank: You know how the game works

Now, I'm usually the quiet pug. It's very rare that I say much at all in groups, because honestly, most of them turn out with people like the tank and I just want to get in, get what I need and get out relatively unscathed. However, this irked me.

Me: We did say one sec, because my buttons messed up, as I was trying to explain. No need to be an $%^. ;)
Rogue1: bamf!

From there, it jut went down-hill. I was only 17, didn't have a ressurrection yet, so the tank was sitting there dead.

Tank: [linked Redemption spell] I'm sure you have it, monk
Hunter: Not until 18.

So, he runs in and we get moving. It's quiet for a while, and he's still chain pulling and squishy as all hell, which is weird. But, I heal through it again with no problem, until we get to the one section where there's a lot of trash (I don't know what it's called, really.)

He chain pulls -everything.- Tanks up over the stairs, goes LoS. I follow him as fast as I can, rolling and everything else. Tank runs down, grabs the mobs and then runs -back- up without AoE or anything of the sort to grab threat. So, naturally, the DPS start going to town! Damage is everywhere, and most are LoS because their either down the stairs or behind something. Everyone starts going down, the Tank LoH one of the rogues for some odd, unknown reason, but the rogue runs away and dies. We run back in, the tanks yelling at the rogue, and then leaves the group.

We re-que, fiance turns on growl on his pet, and we end up going without a tank until one pops in -right- before the last boss. We had no issues with the pet tanking, even on Walden. I mean, really. The tiger tanked better. It was just... I don't know.

The entire time, I just wanted to be like 'You can either tank, or sit with your fist up your -*!.'

I still don't comprehend how you can not hold any aggro, and take that much damage in full heirloom. I didn't see his type of heirloom, however, but still.
100 Gnome Monk
I still don't comprehend how you can not hold any aggro, and take that much damage in full heirloom. I didn't see his type of heirloom, however, but still.

The changes in tanking in 5.0 really emphasize the difference between good and bad tanks. Last night I healed a bear on my druid through SFK. He would pull pretty much all the trash up to the boss, then the boss. Sometimes both.

I was just there for decoration mostly. I would multi dot things with moonfire, keep a rejuv up on the tank and toss a heal or two to the occasional dps that took damage.
Edited by Kipery on 7/29/2013 6:35 AM PDT
90 Night Elf Druid
This just happened, lol.

So I'm doing monday night LFRs to cap valor. It's an ok group, I'm doing literally half the healing, but oh well. We get to Ji-kun. There's that moment when some healer volunteers for nest duty. I don't because I always carry the healing on the platform.

People yell at me to do it. I explain that I pull 3x the numbers of anyone else there, and you really want me on the platform. Some druid steps up, never did it before.

First attempt, nest group dies with boss at 75%. I carry the raid through hard damage with the adds, we wipe at 25%. They complain, some of it at me. I patiently explain that it was only through my awesome saves that we got anywhere near that far, so no, I wasn't taking 50% of the heals to the fricking nests.

Next attempt, the other druid figures it out and we kill him. Then, I get the famous teenager thug parting shots, with a lot of lick my balls, etc, etc. Some people you wish you could just turn your heals off on. I had to settle for some language reports.

Why are lfr dps players such awful human beings?
90 Pandaren Monk
After 2, 3 wipes (lfr) on my mistweaver:

Everyone on the adds, no dps on horridon.

-Wipe-

Raid:
Sigh... The monk isn't listening.
Weis, dps the adds or get kicked.
Ye stop padding.

Since the highest dps in the raid was doing no more than 50-60k dps, it wasn't hard at all to outdps them while doing a very decent amount of healing.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]