Why are disc priests so tough now in PvP?

Just curious. Everyone is saying they are really strong now, but why? I like learning and a few sites like Skill-Capped and others don't elaborate.

Did they get major buffs and are overpowered, or simply just good. I know they have fear and shields, but what else am I missing since they are just too much right now in 2s and 3s.

Thanks in advanced, and troll away if you want, it doesn't bother me. Just trying to get any good advice.

Gracias.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I dunno, Disc priests were Always tough and super hard for anyone to solo (or you just get tired and give up after a while). Pretty unkillable in Cata, maybe since Wrath. Tough old birds still.

Don't mess with them - unless you have friends (or a raid) with you.
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Night Elf Priest
If I had to postulate an uncomfortable theory sure to raise the ire of the PvP-focused...

... or even if I didn't have to...

I'd say that it might be also related to the gearing change. There's lots of priests, but a lot of us just aren't as pvp focused as many dps are. However, we do pve/group a lot (that's kind of the point of being a healer) so we tend to have at least somewhat decent pve gear.

Now, if all those masses of disc priest in pve gear suddenly got balanced to be more even against the pvp geared... well...
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
with higher average resilience (from base resil change), absorbs become stronger? idk. part of it might just be due to shadow being nerfed and so more priests who are interested in pvp are swtiching from shadow to whatever's the next best thing.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Disc priest are insane right now. Def the best pvp healer, with monk second. The healing nerf hit resto shaman/druid/and pallies pretty hard. But disc shields are still super strong. They pretty much wreck burst comps too. Good luck trying to burst a disc priest or his partner, get them low, life swap/healed up, gg. Plus they have insane dps for a healer. Penance.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
NMB
Pillar hump
Penance through pillar
Pillar hump
Cast aborbs
Pillar hump
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Essentially, everybody's damage is less bursty now (apart from huntards), so that means absorbs are better at reducing damage, plus disc priests aren't running with res gems and instead have throughput gems, so there was a small stat bump as well.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Essentially, everybody's damage is less bursty now (apart from huntards), so that means absorbs are better at reducing damage, plus disc priests aren't running with res gems and instead have throughput gems, so there was a small stat bump as well.

We weren't good before? Only time we have been weak that I can remember was during 5.0. Many disc priests, myself included, took awhile to relearn our mechanics and get the most out of our shields since they were changed so much in the last patch. Now that we have it down, we are pretty strong.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Estoy escribiendo esto en español desde que dijo gracias. Disco es muy bueno, porque uno tiene un muy buen herramientas para elegir. Nada de esto es realmente va a ayudar a usted, porque incluso si usted puede leer este párrafo realmente decente no contiene ninguna información.

ÁNIMO

google translate ftw but you are right it did contain no useful information lol

Back on topic.

With the changes in 5.3 to resil and item level caps. This is a direct buff to our bubbles.

Bubbles cant be dispelled and full pve geared disc priest can do just as well as a pvp disc. As disc we do not rely on " heals" as much as other healers so pvp power is nice but isn't as important to us as it is to other healers.

DA SS Shields not getting dispelled add in weaker dps due to item capping in pvp you end up with absorbs being artificially inflated.

add in the useful set bonuses like t15 or 14 and disc can be strong. Tier 15 is not that great for disc in pve due to penance being mostly a filler but in pvp a 40% chance to get 130k heal is OP. The tier proc can crit adding in another 130k bubble plus mastery that cant be dispelled FTW.

( edit ) keep in mind i only do randoms I really dont pvp in arena/rbg's
Edited by Loratabb on 6/6/2013 10:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
06/06/2013 11:19 AMPosted by Anakou

We weren't good before? Only time we have been weak that I can remember was during 5.0. Many disc priests, myself included, took awhile to relearn our mechanics and get the most out of our shields since they were changed so much in the last patch. Now that we have it down, we are pretty strong.

I didn't say that we weren't good before.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
no one thing can really be listed the current state of disc pvp is the result of direct tweaking and the other global pvp change's such as undispelable aegis, 15% per stack focused will, divine star being in it's own spell school and not subject to holy lockout etc.

Add that with the 5.3 change's that directly effect the ability to burst us down between shields and it gets pretty fun for us.

all in all this is starting to remind me of the glory day's of disc pvp (mmmm mindflay build with a rogue was nothing more glorious)
Edited by Tsantsu on 6/8/2013 6:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]