Plz look at my gear

90 Draenei Paladin
Hi,

So once I hit 90 with this toon kinda stopped playing and focused on gearing my main toon. Now that I think I pretty much have that done, I wanted to go back with my tank and start getting her geared up and such.

Problem is, she was my first tanking toon and I think I've stacked waaay too much dodge/parry because she seems to mitigate too well and does too little damage. I know I'm not supposed to be #1 in damage, but I feel like it should also be higher than what I'm seeing.

Can anyone tell me how best to gear her from this point on? Do I mix more strength/stamina into my gear and gem for more hit? Any advice would be appreciated.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
The two primary gearing methods for Prot are:
Hit to 7.5% > Expertise to 15% > Haste > Mastery > Strength/Parry > Dodge
Hit to 7.5% > Expertise to 15% > Mastery > Haste > Strength/Parry > Dodge

As you can see, you definitely want more hit and expertise--quite a bit more than you have. (Side note: You only need 6% hit and 12% expertise for dungeons.) After that, stacking haste or mastery is best until you move into heroic raiding. Haste is preferred because it also increases damage output in addition to being a powerful defensive stat, but if you're still new to playing Prot mastery may be better until you get the hang of it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]