Did they finally take the suit off?

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
The lack of recent activity is sending an uninformed me signals that Suit up have finally called it a day and sent their suits in for dry cleaning?

If its true then it truly has been a horrible month with the red wedding happening in GoT and now the death of suit up (the Starks) only to see the Asscenionites survive (Lannisters).
Perhaps a better comparison is required for which I will leave it to the wide imaginations of the oceanic community. (I am sure the regulars like Squid and the annoying like Bladestorm can come up with something)

Although Suits returns soon so atleast there is that to look forward to.

Anyhow someone please confirm.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
06/09/2013 10:14 AMPosted by Reavan
and the annoying like Bladestorm
I'm famous :D

SU officially disbanded quite a while ago now, I would post a forum link but I can't find it. I think some applied to various other OC guilds, some quit, some went casual. There was talk of possibly continuing progression as a 10 man I believe but I don't know if that ever happened.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
There just isn't that many good oceanic players left. Both of the high end oceanic 25 mans are taking (took) massive dives in their rankings.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Bit slow, Suit Up called it quits about a month ago. And now, to make it worse, the "Squid" is on horde.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
Bit slow, Suit Up called it quits about a month ago. And now, to make it worse, the "Squid" is on horde.

Want to go fishing nib :3
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
25 man raiding is dead unfortunately. All the thunderforged loot in the world couldn't undo what Blizzard did to kill it.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Want to go fishing nib :3

Of course! I love fishing!
Reply Quote
Everything just died for me after cataclysm :/. This expansion IMO just ruined the game for the western players!
Reply Quote
Might want to edit your post. Yes, I laughed, but there are plenty of people still catching up on the show that didn't read the books. Spoilers are not fun.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
The North remembers.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Ascension, the Steven Bradbury of Oceanic raiding
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Everything just died for me after cataclysm :/. This expansion IMO just ruined the game for the western players!

I find this puzzling. Raiding content hasn't been this good since BC. Cataclysm was about a big a joke as WotLK. I'm guessing people just forgot what it was like to have to farm things.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
Ascension, the Steven Bradbury of Oceanic raiding

I had to google Steven Bradbury, wasn't surprised to see this
born 1973

childhood friend of yours, Glok?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I find this puzzling. Raiding content hasn't been this good since BC. Cataclysm was about a big a joke as WotLK. I'm guessing people just forgot what it was like to have to farm things.

The actual raids themselves are the best I've seen for years, comparable to Ulduar and TBC. I really liked the first tier of Cataclysm also but I don't think many others share that view.

The amount of effort players need to put in to keep up though is completely out of hand, for anyone who read the post from Exodus/Vodka on why they stopped raiding that's pretty much what im getting at. While we didn't go the the extremes they did (I think some of the top guilds have mandatory 3-5+ characters raid ready?)
The time it takes to have multiple characters at their best... I'm talking capping valor, running lfr, doing dailys for coins, actually learning how to play it, the list goes on.
Believe it or not people actually have a job and/or study as well as all the other things normal people have to do. The effort vs reward is just... no... not worth the trouble.

This isn't just limited to 25 man either.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Post I was referring to.

Yes, I'll confirm the news here for anyone not in the loop or questioning the rumors. <Exodus> will no longer continue to function as a 25 man raiding guild. No plan to go 10 man as of yet, but that really doesn't matter because 25 man is what the hardcore raiding scene really is about and Exodus will no longer be competing in such a scene.

Why? How? Well this game isn't to blame. In the last few years this game (despite many people quitting and guilds dying) isn't to blame for vodka/Exodus' demise it's the raiding community. I don't mean this is a pointing the finger sort of way, it's an inevitable sort of flaw in the competition of the top end raiders. You see... we've basically been killing ourselves off slowly since day 1. In the last few years we've certainly picked up the pace, but the "hardcore raider" is a dying breed and it's certainly becoming a more difficult breed to be a part of. What I mean by this is of course the time commitment and the level of shear dedication and determination it takes and costs to be at the very top. This isn't to poke fun, but to just shed light of why many people, and subsequently, many guilds will fall. Raiding for many many hours on end is fun, CAN be exciting, and at the end of it all can really prove who really wants that world first/us first/realm first the most. Unfortunately we (hardcore raiders) pushed too hard. Tier after tier we just keep adding to the insanity in both farming preparations and actual progressing. It's almost as if progression itself never really ends after a end tier boss dies. Combine this with Blizzard actually putting new content out faster, alts playing a big role, PTR/BETA, dailys, coins, BMAH, well... you just get lost in it all. Right now there are a few legit world first guilds left. The competition is slim because the competition is literally eating each other (well not that literally). Good luck to everyone left in the race for this expact, but I don't know how much longer this sort of thing can last.

Am I done? Is this my good bye post to the raiding community? No haha no my friends I'm way too stubborn and foolish to actually use my knowledge to stop myself from the enjoyment I get from WoW and the community. This is something I've talked about since around Firelands. I had a clear realization of how much more TIME fit in the equation of "how to be world first" and although it bothered me I still enjoyed it as I was one of the few that had that TIME. I'm simply reiterating what I've said many times as it is the elaborate explanation I can give to people now that my guild(s) have died and I want people to avoid pointing fingers at a particular person or a particular situation.

What's next for Killars? I dunno... "LFR Troll Rogue ilvl 532" I guess... I really don't know (which is kinda scary) but we'll see.
Reply Quote
Yeh I guess it makes sense, shame to see things go downhill. I personally started at the end of wotlk/start of cata, and the game is no longer the same for me. I just returned after a few months off and I haven't actually logged into the game more then three times because I know how repetitive the process will be with my alts etc. But I guess the game, as the exodus dude said, isn't to blame its just most if the people you start of playing with sort of just go their own way until there is no one left that you enjoy playing with.

Anyway I hope to see many of you/the old wow community in Elder scrolls (that is if it doesn't turn into another SWTOR) :p

Oh and sorry if I spoilt the GoT stuff for some people, but you deserve it if you don't keep up to date with the Khaleesi's activities ;D.
Reply Quote
but you deserve it if you don't keep up to date with the Khaleesi's activities ;D.

You're an idiot.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
Although Exodus/Vodka example is not that relevant to Oceanic raiding guilds, since none are pushing for World First rankings, it is somewhat accurate in the sense that players are growing out of the game. Quality replacements are nearly impossible to find, be it in 25 or 10 format.

Oceanic 25 mans died a long time ago with Adept.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I agree with Bright. Too much effort required to keep up and keep competitive.

Dailies, Dailies & Dailies killed it for me.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
doesn't matter if the content is the best its been in years, being forced to raid with down syndromes because they're the only ones applying is the problem
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]