Everyone I know has quit the game.

So I'm looking to leave everything behind and go ahead and reroll a healer. I have a very limited play schedule, however, so I'm looking to roll the healer that will result in the easiest time getting into a raiding group. I was originally told that priest would be the best option because they have two healing specs but now it seems that everyone and their mother has a priest or twenty and am now being told that a resto shaman would be ideal because there are so few of them.

Any suggestions? And, if your guild is looking for a healer, also drop a line.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Play what you'll enjoy. Take a look at tool kits on healers and healing styles, strengths, weaknesses. Then just pick one and give it a go. It does take long to get to a high enough level to have an idea of what to expect.

There is no point is playing something you don't like. You won't every be your best on it. And playing what someone else tells you to has pretty fair odds of being something you won't like.
Reply Quote
86 Troll Priest
Hey Grawbrin. Im in the same situation as you with everyone qutting and really having no one to play with and I've always healed and I have had the itch to kinda tank so if you would be interested in rerolling together or whatever hit me up through email (ryanbush.tuckerths@gmail.com)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Play what you'll enjoy. Take a look at tool kits on healers and healing styles, strengths, weaknesses. Then just pick one and give it a go. It does take long to get to a high enough level to have an idea of what to expect.

There is no point is playing something you don't like. You won't every be your best on it. And playing what someone else tells you to has pretty fair odds of being something you won't like.

What she said :P Even if you're "flavor of the month" if you don't excel at it people won't want you to raid with them. And if you don't enjoy it, you won't like it either.

Check the sticky on each healing class, maybe watch a stream or some youtube videos on a class(es) that interest you and go from there. Any good healer shouldn't have an issue getting into a guild.
Edited by Veroicone on 6/5/2013 5:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote

What she said :P Even if you're "flavor of the month" if you don't excel at it people won't want you to raid with them. And if you don't enjoy it, you won't like it either.

Check the sticky on each healing class, maybe watch a stream or some youtube videos on a class(es) that interest you and go from there. Any good healer shouldn't have an issue getting into a guild.

Well the issue for me is that I have a seriously tight schedule. My only availability is essentially early weekend morning EST, late EST at night during the week, or early evening EST. So even though I might be a solid healer I have to be extremely picky with who I apply to simply because I can only make what is basically 3 raid times.

I do enjoy both priest and shaman, having raided and healed at some point on both. There are things I love about both and I've watched enough on YouTube to get a feel for what they'd both be doing in a raid.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
There are some 6 different times zones in the US... odds are there is a guild somewhere that can use a healer at times you can play. MY availability is Wed-Sun 11pm server- ?? and I found a guild. They are out there you just have to find them.

And unless you want to be cutting edge progression, most guilds would rather have you play the toon you are best on even if it less ideal for their raid comp. Play what you like... level it, get yourself going, then find a guild. One step at a time love.

Cheers,
Zen
Edited by Zoevil on 6/5/2013 5:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I still recommend priest because of the flexibility of having 2 healing specs. Even if there are bunches of priests, it's ok. There are always spots for priests, *especially* those who are dedicated enough to run both Disc and Holy fluently.

Paladin is another... usually solid... choice for healer.

I personally love shaman, and it's working *great* for me & my raid (we're casual), but you see resto shamans with really high progression talking about how tough it is to raid in MoP as a shaman (of course there are other shamans with excellent t15 progression who say the people saying shamans suck are crazy). I'd still approach the idea of leveling a shaman 1 - 90 with caution if you're looking for a group with *competitive* progression? I mean... I left a Disc priest main and then a MW main to raid on this shaman, starting back in January. I knew the situation I was getting into (and also, the shaman was already lvl 80), and I went ahead anyway. My RL was 100% supportive and has enough years of raiding experience to know that we could make it work (... certainly as a casual 10man with 3 healers, anyway).
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
People are correct when they say you should play what you enjoy. Each healer feels extremely different when you play them. I thought I would love being a resto druid and I was wrong.

That being said, since I doubt you'll level all the possible healers to test them out, I would recommend playing a paladin. One reason is gearing, there is only one plate healer so only other Palys would be vying for gear (shamans are in the same boat with mail int gear). However Palys have the advantage of being an absorbs class and are both great raid and tank healers.

I know that without our Paly healer we would be up the creek without a paddle.

Also should add that the only healer I truly enjoy playing is the priest. Such an incredible class ;)
Edited by Obtuse on 6/5/2013 6:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
I would just avoid Resto Druid or Resto Shaman. They are both too unreliable this expac imo. One tier they're good, one tier they're garbage. Everyone else is pretty solid imo.

Aside from that, I'd make a premaid Priest, Paladin, and Monk when PTR goes up soon and try them out to see which one you enjoy most.
Edited by Luvbacon on 6/5/2013 6:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
^ Beginning of the xpac priests had their problems :p

Well the issue for me is that I have a seriously tight schedule. My only availability is essentially early weekend morning EST, late EST at night during the week, or early evening EST. So even though I might be a solid healer I have to be extremely picky with who I apply to simply because I can only make what is basically 3 raid times.

I do enjoy both priest and shaman, having raided and healed at some point on both. There are things I love about both and I've watched enough on YouTube to get a feel for what they'd both be doing in a raid.

You could always try to find a guild that fits within your schedule and level up based of what they need/what you're interested in.

I have been healing ToT on my disc priest and I loveeeee it. I'd heal on my druid if I found a guild I wanted to raid with on her :D! All healers can pull their own weight.
Edited by Veroicone on 6/5/2013 6:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
I only raid 6 hours a week and have 3 Rdruids, a Priest and a H Paladin.

I feel that the Rdruid is the easiest to step into ToT at a lower ilvl and still perform decently.

Paladins imo are more gear dependent than the other classes to really shine. They also suffer more for mana at lower gear levels but are extremely strong nonetheless.

At present, Priests and Paladins bring more for a raid.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
I would just avoid Resto Druid or Resto Shaman. They are both too unreliable this expac imo

Rdruids don't suffer in 10m raiding and this has been the case for a number of xpacs.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
OP -

You type very well. Because of this, I'll be your friend. <3
Reply Quote
OP -

You type very well. Because of this, I'll be your friend. <3

Hah, thanks!

EDIT: Oh and Zen and everyone who offered advice, thank you. I've decided to stick with the priest I had started despite the guild I had an eye on having an overload of them. I went to a full pop server to give myself plenty of opportunity to find someone and it doesn't make sense to limit my options before I'm even level 40. I'll stick with them for now and see where I wind up when I'm closer to 90.
Edited by Grawbrin on 6/6/2013 1:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]