What should I do first?

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I have a question that I'd like opinions on, however I'm not sure if this is the correct place to put it. If it's not, don't hurt me! Please!

I'm a (lazily) aspiring fiction writer, who's been working on a certain piece for around 4 years now, trying to get it just perfect. I've never taken a single class for creative writing beyond highschool (which was a joke) and thus a while ago I decided to try and learn a certain method.

I found the snowflake method, and it works PERFECTLY for me. I am blazing trails in writing, and having a great time while doing it.

To get to the point, while I was learning the snowflake method, I was just filling in fields of text with Warcraft related gibberish because I was trying to focus on the process, not really on an actual process. Well...the snowflake method is SO EFFICIENT that I ended up writing (what I think) is a pretty darn good story. However, it's basically 600 pages of fanfiction.

So I'm at a crossroads and would like to get some people's opinions I have 2 paths before me:

Option 1) Start converting my existing work on my original fiction into the snowflake method, develop a scene list and begin writing it using this new process.

Option 2) Use my completed snowflake project and finish writing it, using it as a "practice" novel of sorts, obviously being unable to publish it due to it being based on Warcraft.

However, to further complicate things...I've really fallen in love with some of the character's in my fannovel, and would like to use them as brief cameos in my original work, removing all of the Warcraft-specific traits from them.

Even if I finish writing my fannovel, and then later put some of those character's in my original work (not even expies, they are the exact same characters in a functioning continuity that would make sense) could I get in trouble for copywrite infringement if (through some miracle) got Blizzard to publish it?

Thanks in advance :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]