1-button Hunter Pet Special Ability Addon?

100 Dwarf Mage
That's very strange, since I haven't modified core.lua (the file that creates the button and sets up the macro) since 1.01. I'll have to do some testing.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
OK, in whatever way I can assist, just let me know, also tonight I'll download the old version and see if there is a difference.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Mage
I've fixed the issue and I'm just about to release 1.03. If you don't care about the technical details behind the issue, you can skip the rest of this post.

The issue mainly occurred when logging in, since pet data wasn't always available on PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD. Using PLAYER_ALIVE didn't work, so I used an OnUpdate script set when pet data isn't available at P_E_W. This script tries to update the macro every 0.5 seconds, stopping when it succeeds. It seems to successfully initialise the macro within 1 or 2 runs, so it's pretty efficient.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Mage
1.03 is now up on Curse and WoW Interface. WoW Interface may take a bit of time to approve it.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
As of now seems to be working as intended AWESOME!!

I'll add an option to the generate script to use exotic abilities where possible.

With this script how does it go about choosing between 2 Exotic Abilities on a pet family?

For example with water Striders having "Still Water" and "Surface Trot"?

As of now it has chosen Still Water as the clickable ability instead of Surface Trot, with Still water being a buff ability, when set to autocast it doesn't spam the ability on CD so it wouldn't need to be used as a clickable ability. In the meantime I've changed the .lua for that Pet Family to use the Surface Trot as the clickable.

Just was curious if that could be controlled with the script you have in place?
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Mage
With this script how does it go about choosing between 2 Exotic Abilities on a pet family?

1.03 just picked whichever Exotic Ability was listed first on Wowhead.

I've just pushed 1.04 to Curse, which adds a list of manual exceptions to the generate script and uses this to set Surface Trot as the ability for Water Striders. It'll be available on WoW Interface soon.

Edit: I've just uploaded it to WoWI. It may take a while to be approved.
Edited by Choonster on 6/13/2013 9:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Sorry n00b question so is this something i have to make a macro for or does it do it by its self?
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Mage
Sorry n00b question so is this something i have to make a macro for or does it do it by its self?

Once you've installed the AddOn, simply use /click PetSpecialAttackButton in any macro to use your pet's special ability. The AddOn doesn't create any regular macros for you, the button runs its own internal macro when clicked.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
This is working excellently, so much more control in pvp as well.

I have another question for you Choonster, is there a way I can make my macro button show the tooltip of the current ability being controlled, that way the macro would also be able to have a cooldown display?

I'm probably asking too much with that one:(

Edit:
Finger X-ing!!
Edited by Tybudd on 6/14/2013 10:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
I finally had a chance to go through all the families and seen a few that might want to be considered:

1. Cat - Prowl > Roar of Courage
Reason = Roar of Courage is a buff, and will want up no matter what. Prowl on a button press would be better and could be used as situational.

2. Shale Spider - Web Wrap > Embrace of the Shale Spider
Reason = Basically the same logic that was given for Cat but even moreso.

3. Silithid - Venom Web Spray > Qiraji Fortitude
Reason = This is dejavu huh:) same deal.

Other debuffs were debatable but since they have short cd's in comparison to their durations, they would be best suited on auto cast for most playiers, and for the few that would like it at precise times, it could be changed in the Abilities_enUS as Choonster said above.

As of now the 3 I mentioned above I'm made the change in the lua file
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Mage
This is working excellently, so much more control in pvp as well.

I have another question for you Choonster, is there a way I can make my macro button show the tooltip of the current ability being controlled, that way the macro would also be able to have a cooldown display?

I'm probably asking too much with that one:(

Edit:
Finger X-ing!!

It's probably possible, you'd just need to configure your macro's name. I'll add an option to the top of the core.lua file.

I'll also add those exceptions to the generate script.
Edited by Choonster on 6/15/2013 2:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Mage
I've just uploaded 1.05 to Curse and WoW Interface with the macro icon option and the new overrides.

The icon doesn't always update properly when you summon a pet for the first time, so you can use /psab_update or /psabu to manually trigger an icon update.
Edited by Choonster on 6/15/2013 4:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
/psab_update nor /psabu allows me to enter the command when I put it into the chat line, after entering the command and typing "Enter", the text just stays in the chat box as if I never hit the enter key
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Mage
/psab_update nor /psabu allows me to enter the command when I put it into the chat line, after entering the command and typing "Enter", the text just stays in the chat box as if I never hit the enter key

That means it's throwing an error. Enable Lua errors and post the error here.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
Date: 2013-06-17 00:16:53
ID: 1
Error occured in: Global
Count: 1
Message: ..\AddOns\PetSpecialAttackButton\abilities_enUS.lua line 42:
'}' expected (to close '{' at line 8) near '['
Debug:
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Mage
That means you're missing a comma at the end of line 41 of the abilities_enUS.lua file.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
That means you're missing a comma at the end of line 41 of the abilities_enUS.lua file.

Your right, there was a "," missing at the end of the Silithid line, I deleted the addon and re-downloaded it, and the problem was still there, seems the error is in the download file.

I was checking to see if I created the error when I was making adjustments
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
BTW manually adding the "," did eliminate the error and allowed the /psabu command to go through, but the command didn't make a change to either showing the ability icon or the tooltip of it.

As of now I just have the macro set up as
#showtooltip
/click PetSpecialAttackButton

I've attempted it with only the /click PetSpecialAttackButton as well
Edited by Tybudd on 6/19/2013 12:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Mage
I've fixed the comma and changed to generate script to prevent that from happening again. I'll push the new version to Curse in a minute.

Aside from that, the AddOn works on my end. Make sure you've got the right macro name set at the top of core.lua.

Edit: 1.06 is now available on Curse and should be on WoWI soon.
Edited by Choonster on 6/20/2013 11:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
I've fixed the comma and changed to generate script to prevent that from happening again. I'll push the new version to Curse in a minute.

Aside from that, the AddOn works on my end. Make sure you've got the right macro name set at the top of core.lua.
Edit: 1.06 is now available on Curse and should be on WoWI soon.

Elaborate on that for me Choonster, I read back on some of the post and didn't catch what the macro name was supposed to be? Plus you said at the top of the core.lua?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]