CLC-RET priority jacked up?

91 Blood Elf Paladin
I've been using this addon since level 85 or so, and as I read forums and guides, I notice I should be using HoW immediately when it's available. CLC prioritizes TV over HoW though. I've been ignoring the addon when I think it's wrong, and actually plan to scrap it pretty soon now that I'm comfortable with the class. Is this an error in the addon, or should i be using TV over HoW?

That being said, the only reason I still have CLC is to keep track of inquisition, but it still doesn't track ES or any other cooldown for that matter. Is there an addon you guys like that tracks this information so I can drop the CLC crutch?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
You can change the priorities in the options menu if you feel its wrong.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It should only be telling you to prioritize TV over HoW if your at 5 HoPo unless you modified it further to do something entirely different. Check the priority line it has and post it here.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
When is it putting TV > HoW that you think it shouldn't be? HoW is wasted if you have 5 HoPo.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Perhaps because of Divine Purpose?

You can change priorities to account for TV5, Divine Purpose, etc.
You can also add Execution Sentence or Light's Hammer, the instructions should be in the options If I remember correctly, you just have to look.

Tbh, I can't remember, it's been a long time since I used that add-on, but I remember it being able to account for level 90 talents and divine purpose ( assuming you modified it )

I use Tellmewhen to track Inquisition, trinket procs, weapon enchants, etc.

There are a few others like Weakauras as well.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
06/05/2013 10:18 AMPosted by Carbuncle
Perhaps because of Divine Purpose?

Ooh, didn't even think of that one. But I thought CLC's default had tvdp as far down as to be below Exp?
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Paladin
Wow, all good advice. I didn't even realize I could modify it. All that being said, I think I'm just going to go ahead and drop the addon for Tellmewhen. Will drop DP as well, as I understand the AW one is a better DPS boost anyway.

Thanks all ^_^
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I've been using this addon since level 85 or so, and as I read forums and guides, I notice I should be using HoW immediately when it's available. CLC prioritizes TV over HoW though. I've been ignoring the addon when I think it's wrong, and actually plan to scrap it pretty soon now that I'm comfortable with the class. Is this an error in the addon, or should i be using TV over HoW?

That being said, the only reason I still have CLC is to keep track of inquisition, but it still doesn't track ES or any other cooldown for that matter. Is there an addon you guys like that tracks this information so I can drop the CLC crutch?

I tried CLCret for about 6 months back in Cata. I hated it. I thought it was garbage, so I looked for something better. I switched to Bittens Spell Flash: Paladin. Works the same way as CLC except the prioritization is spot on, and instead of having a huge clunky thing in the middle of your screen, it flashes the spell on your action bars. So much easier to use and so much better cosmetically. That's just my opinion, but, try it and see for yourself.
Edited by Nimaj on 6/5/2013 4:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]