Constant WoW crashing

90 Troll Monk
Up until recently I'd be able to play the game fine with maybe a crash here and there. A little annoying but nothing too bothering. Today though in Howling Fjord I've had crash after crash after logging back in several times, usually within a minute or two of logging back in making it virtually unplayable.
I'm wondering if I would just need to re-install or what as my mother who also plays has had trouble with this recently too.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Dristin,

Please go to the errors folder within your WoW folder (default location: C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Errors). Then copy and paste the information from the newest dated text file from there into your reply so we can troubleshoot the issue further.

I am having the same issues and there is nothing in my errors folder, is there an ip address i can run a tracert to?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Monk
==============================================================================
World of WarCraft: Retail Build (build 16992)

Exe: \\Wyatt-PC\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft\WoW-64.exe
Time: Jun 7, 2013 8:12:20.370 AM
User: Wyatt
Computer: Wyatt-PC
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This application has encountered a critical error:

ERROR #132 (0x85100084) Fatal exception!

Program: \\Wyatt-PC\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft\WoW-64.exe
ProcessID: 6316
Exception: 0xC0000005 (ACCESS_VIOLATION) at 0033:000007FEF56A595C

The instruction at "0x000007FEF56A595C" referenced memory at "0x0000000000000040".
The memory could not be "read".

I will say this was when I tried the 64-bit client which I've always had trouble with so I use the 32-bit client but either way its crashed. I'll also say that for some reason it may be only on this character (Dristin) or in the Howling Fjord because the past few hours I've been helping a friend on a different character and I haven't really had any trouble.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Dristin,

Thanks for the update, but we'll need the full error log to troubleshoot this further. There will be a lot more information listed in the actual crash log located in your Error folder. Post the entire thing.

Unfortunately that's all there was included in the crash text document. Granted these crashes weren't really the "normal" crashes either. Really all that happened was the client closed out with no warning and the "Not Responding" window came up for WoW.exe when usually the Blizzard Error thing comes up and allows you to describe what you were doing and send it.
Reply Quote
I am also not able to stay logged in and this is the same message that I get. This is the all there is.

This application has encountered a critical error:

ERROR #132 (0x85100084) Fatal exception!

Program: C:\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft\Wow-64.exe
ProcessID: 4080
Exception: 0xC0000005 (ACCESS_VIOLATION) at 0033:000007FEF95BDFED

The instruction at "0x000007FEF95BDFED" referenced memory at "0x0000000000000040".
The memory could not be "read".
Reply Quote
More information. I took this gal and flew her over the spot where my Shadow priest kept crashing and had no issues. Hubby said I was suffering from some "texture issue". Once I flew over and around that entire area with no issues on this toon, I logged back into my Shadow Priest, went holy stance, then back to shadow and she now seems fine. This is a really weird kink but the last time I was crashing out, it was on this monk. =/
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Dristin,

Lets try something. Pull up the game launcher and go to the game preferences options. Select Directx 9 and then launch the game and retest. Let me know your results.

That seems to have fixed it! Thank you very much.

The only other thing that is wrong but isn't as gamebreaking as that would be an error I get from WowBrowserProxy.exe for libcef.dll that mostly only prohibits me from opening an in-game ticket or accessing tickets through in-game means. I've seen some others complain about this also so if you could offer any insight into that also?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
yo
I've been having ERROR #132 since the last patch.
Fixed it just now.
go into launcher,Options,game preferences,RESTORE DEFAULTS.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]