Celestial Blessings: Xuen's Challenge (Melee)

100 Undead Rogue
I just killed him with shammy and druid buffs I had cookies but I didn't use them, EARTH SHIELD is the savior on that, just run around uysse burst of speed stay away from adds use shuriken toss to kill them, when u get 2 adds left evasion just burn them, burn the boss keep doing it

Grats friend! Guess I'll wait for my shammy friend to hop on n help me out with it, and pray.. Thanks for the help!
Reply Quote
92 Pandaren Shaman
I just done it on my shammy after dying like 20 times. I have no clue how a non healing class can do this! Good luck with that quest. Mind is blown! I also specced for the improve elements the earth one save my !@# with the 20% in dmg reduction!
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
I just done it on my shammy after dying like 20 times. I have no clue how a non healing class can do this! Good luck with that quest. Mind is blown! I also specced for the improve elements the earth one save my !@# with the 20% in dmg reduction!

Yeah, it blows, even with the little self healing. Congrats to you though!
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
Yeah a full set of buffs would be a great help, shammy poop shield for the win!
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Can anyone confirm that people can team up on this? I'm willing to give it a try :)
steel3roar99#1788
Edited by Steelones on 6/13/2013 12:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I hope they don't nerf this, it's a nice challenge :)
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
Can anyone confirm that people can team up on this? I'm willing to give it a try :)
steel3roar99#1788

If you weren't cross faction I'd give it a shot with ya. haha.
Reply Quote
steel3roar99#1788

If you weren't cross faction I'd give it a shot with ya. haha.

I would be willing to team up with you there Eostre. Drist#1903. It is phased so hopefully you're on it also.

I've tried this numerous times and just cant seem to get it. Have come pretty close but have ended up eating it every single time and just want to get this completed.
Edited by Dristwaz on 6/13/2013 2:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
I hope they don't nerf this, it's a nice challenge :)

Why is it I suspect ya did the prot challenge which was a complete joke :p
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
I just got him down. I'm assassination. I blew CDs at the beginning, opened with Cheap Shot. I used Shuriken Toss on the first set of adds and then just ignored the last. If you vanish the adds will run to the center. I only kept Recoup up during adds. So, I vanished, outran the Prince, waited for my CDs, then put him in at the edge of the arena, Cheap Shot (again), blew CDS, popped Evasion when the adds got to me, and that's basically it. It's still a pain in the rear, but it can be done if you just keep pressure on him. I have my four piece + Shadow Blades + Dispatch Spam while he's stunned and I'm behind him. Worked for me, but I wouldn't want to do it again. Shuriken Toss is key for this.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
I just did this step this morning and it was pretty rough. Shuriken Toss while useful wasn't at least for me as key as I thought it would be. My first couple of attempts I tried to burn the oozes with shuriken toss but it just didn't seem to kill them quick enough. What seemed to work for me was to stay just outside of their melee range and spam fan of knives on them while keeping some energy pooled for mirrors. After I'd get most of the oozes and mirrors down that was my burn phase. Its tricky but doable. It reminded me of the challenge the cata rogue legendary mini bosses posed.

Oh yeah one other thing if you spot the Wrathion thats not translucent thats the real one hit that one and the copies go away. Its sometimes hard to spot so if that happens just spam fan of knives.
Edited by Khristopher on 6/15/2013 10:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
I just did this step this morning and it was pretty rough. Shuriken Toss while useful wasn't at least for me as key as I thought it would be. My first couple of attempts I tried to burn the oozes with shuriken toss but it just didn't seem to kill them quick enough. What seemed to work for me was to stay just outside of their melee range and spam fan of knives on them while keeping some energy pooled for mirrors. After I'd get most of the oozes and mirrors down that was my burn phase. Its tricky but doable. It reminded me of the challenge the cata rogue legendary mini bosses posed.

Oh yeah one other thing if you spot the Wrathion thats not translucent thats the real one hit that one and the copies go away. Its sometimes hard to spot so if that happens just spam fan of knives.

I remember doing the solo bosses for my Fangs, they didn't frustrate me anywhere near this bad, lol. Thanks for the tips, I'll try them out!
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
Though it took a couple of attempts (and yes I started getting frustrated), I was able to defeat him...... as sub; I pulled off enough damage to kill him off just before he did his first aoe phase.

I did not pull back to kite on this attempt, just used Defensive cds.
Edited by Roxell on 6/18/2013 9:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
3 Human Mage
This quest is impossible for fury warriors who have no self healing.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
this going to get nerfed hard lol so many people saying this is hard
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Any tips you can give to a fury war doing this?

I have tried over 30+ times and the best i could manage was him down to 30% before the oozes spawned at the same time as the images.

I am using flasks, pots, the celestial token, and food buffs.

Is it just a matter of me having a low ilvl? was this intended to be completed with patch 5.4 ilvl garrosh gear? warriors are not that great at self healing as other classes.

Also I was not able to find any video regarding the melee challenge, any assistance would be appreciated.

Only tip I can offer is to do the Prot Challenge...Warriors, Fury especially, do not do enough self heals to beat the adds down. The Prot Challenge is even tough for Warriors because of Wrathions low health pool and no matter how fast you taunt, he still ends up taking a hit. However, the Prot Challenge is earsier than the DPS Challenge becuase if you take Second Wind, Deathwing does not have enough burst to take you out, unless you are standing in stuff and not interrupting.

Hope it helps!
Edited by Ansalem on 6/19/2013 5:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
im having a hard time as well im a dps arms war, item level 523, I cant get him below 70% before wiping , I really hope they do something about this , its a real bummer when you wait this long and do the whole questline just to get stumped , Its almost making me wanna just quit!!!!
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
if there is anyone out there that has info for us arms warrior's it would be much appreciated since we don't get much attention
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
if there is anyone out there that has info for us arms warrior's it would be much appreciated since we don't get much attention

Jay, you seem to be in the same progression as I am...Really think about taking the tank Challenge instead. You'll still get to choose the DPS cape.

Because Warriors have less than optimal self heals, as I mentioned above, take Second Wind. Deathwing doesn't have the burst to take you out, unless you're standing in stuff and missing interrupts.

Phase 2, put one of your longer duration banners in the line of fire to Wrathion to intercept the adds coming in to hit him. Use cooldowns like Shield Wall and Last Stand to survive intercepting the others. Bandage Wrathion when the opportunity presents itself. After 2 full phases, you should be good to go. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

I know this isnt the thread for the Tank Challenge...just trying to help a fellow warrior.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
I'm fury but having same problem, adds are a huge problem. What I've been trying to do is stack avatar/bladestorm to burn adds when they first pop, but that screws me when they respawn.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]