PVP advice on Items \ Gems \ Stats

100 Human Paladin
Hey guys,

I seem to get burst down really fast in arena. confused on 5.3 on what to focus on?
Can anyone give me some advice?

Should I use a PVE trinket like fable?
Should I switch to a shield and one-hand weapon if they are all over me?
Should I go straight Strength gems for red slots?

thanks for any help
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Shameless self plug.
Most of the stuff you asked can be found on my most recent two videos.
http://www.youtube.com/user/SolvexxAU/

Or, wait for someone to do it in written format. :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hey guys,

I seem to get burst down really fast in arena. confused on 5.3 on what to focus on?
Can anyone give me some advice?

Should I use a PVE trinket like fable?
Should I switch to a shield and one-hand weapon if they are all over me?
Should I go straight Strength gems for red slots?

thanks for any help

These are just my opinions.

1. I wouldn't use fable as it ramps up vs being a instant x amount. Relic is likely best for the base strength followed by the pvp proc trinket.
2. Against certain comps maybe for the opener (like thug cleave), however not for long stretches as counter pressure can sometimes be your best defense.
3. With the changes to resil and pvp power, for red yes. There are lots of opinions on what to do with the other slots. I personally went with haste in yellow and haste pvp power in blue. Some with go strength combo gems for both of those sockets.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Shameless self plug.
Most of the stuff you asked can be found on my most recent two videos.
http://www.youtube.com/user/SolvexxAU/

Or, wait for someone to do it in written format. :)

Sol you sexy sonuva!@#$%. I wanted to watch your UI video since I am HELLA bored with my UI but I can't do it from work. One thing I didn't catch from your other videos.....and has been the focus of my attention past couple weeks....with all the CC in the game right now, my medallion just seems useless since I am just insta-CC'd after popping. Being a non-human I dont get that handicap racial that you have (lolz). How do you feel about my stance about just dumping the damn medallion and picking up the two dps trinkets, relic and tyr proc?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
i realize im not solv or vanguards, but not a complete bad either so I'll take a stab at this.

Trinket is a game breaker. If this was wotlk and we could freedom out of stuns like dk and hunters can currently then I'd say maybe. But it isn't. A good trinket use can win you a game, especially as a ret who has the ability to break other cc's for teammates. On the flip-side wasting your trinket and not having it at the most opportune time can lose you the game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]