Sad State of Resto Shaman: Mechanics Oriented

90 Night Elf Death Knight
I too am tempted, if there were a swell in signatures it'd be impossible to tell who is who as well... In fact, as our characters aren't tied to our names, no one from wow would know. I'll assume people from Real Life wouldn't care that we played wow either...
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
https://www.change.org/petitions/blizzard-entertainment-give-restoration-shaman-spread-movement-healing-tools-to-be-competitive

Would appreciate your signature.

Even though you may be serious, that's pretty dang hilarious. Thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
https://www.change.org/petitions/blizzard-entertainment-give-restoration-shaman-spread-movement-healing-tools-to-be-competitive

Would appreciate your signature.

I can't decide if I'm serious or joking. I think both.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
It's definitely both.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Well, there is that old statement, "What do we have to lose?" Can it really hurt to sign that thing?
Reply Quote
Heads up for all posters, Part Two of the thread is open at http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9377569083 for any interested in continuing the debate.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Here's what I want for shaman:
CH double range, no CD, cast while moving, reverse order of bounce or baseline riptide buff.

I want CH to still be this iconic heal that it used to be, it just needs to be updated. Reversing the order has two effects 1) it makes it less desireable to spam when it might only hit 2 targets, 2) the large hit hitting the riptide target means that target is topped, wasting any further first target advantage on them. Downside is it makes the heal smarter (more needy targets getting the biggest heals). Heck make it so unleash elements allows you to do the move while casting CH for 10s so the spell is useful most of the time!

This fixes the spread healing issue (to some extent - resto will still probably be the weakest spread healers even with this) and gives some mobility to healing a raid that is spread. With additional buffs should keep the 'stacked niche'.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Another PTR update with no improvements.

Sigh.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Here's what I want for shaman:
CH double range, no CD, cast while moving, reverse order of bounce or baseline riptide buff.

I want CH to still be this iconic heal that it used to be, it just needs to be updated. Reversing the order has two effects 1) it makes it less desireable to spam when it might only hit 2 targets, 2) the large hit hitting the riptide target means that target is topped, wasting any further first target advantage on them. Downside is it makes the heal smarter (more needy targets getting the biggest heals). Heck make it so unleash elements allows you to do the move while casting CH for 10s so the spell is useful most of the time!

This fixes the spread healing issue (to some extent - resto will still probably be the weakest spread healers even with this) and gives some mobility to healing a raid that is spread. With additional buffs should keep the 'stacked niche'.

Eh, I think i'd prefer SLT switched HTT in the talent tree, HTT buffed like tranq was, and maybe a 30sec-1min debuff after SLT use to prevent stacking. All of this has been suggested by other people, and I definitely want to sign on to this change. The talent tier would have more flavor (conductivity would still need to be reworked, it went from terrible to more terrible in the latest ptr patch), and offer 2 or 3 real choices, and having AG as a spread bandaid seems acceptable for the rest of the xpac. Tired of glyph changes, or chainheal/healing rain buffs.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
Yea... we moved on to part 2 of this thread without capping this one. Feel free to join in.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9377569083?page=8
Reply Quote
Yea... we moved on to part 2 of this thread without capping this one. Feel free to join in.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9377569083?page=8
My apologies, as I understand it threads cap out at #500? I didn't want us to just bam hit it without some new thread to continue to voice concerns.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage

I can't decide if I'm serious or joking. I think both.

Don't look now, but Thrall just signed it
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]