Titan Runestone Drop Rate

(Locked)

100 Pandaren Monk
Not sure if you guys are having the same as I am, but the drop rates on these things are absurdly low. Three weeks in and i only have three so far. Any chance to increase the drop rates on these things?
100 Human Monk
This contents is meant to last for at least 3 more months, I doubt they will increase the drop rate before the next patch.
90 Dwarf Hunter
You know what the drop rate for Secrets of the Empire Is terrible. I have been sitting at 16 for 3 weeks and our tank is sitting at 17 for over a month. -_-
100 Blood Elf Priest
This contents is meant to last for at least 3 more months, I doubt they will increase the drop rate before the next patch.

Having two collection type quests dependent on RNG in the same segment of the quest line is very annoying.

At least with the Secrets of the Empire, you have 12 chances a week. With the Titan Runestones, you have 6 chances....

A WEEK!

Shouldn't really be surprised. I still have characters trying to get the bindings to drop off Garr in MC and I've been running MC for god knows how long.

And to think... people actually want Vanilla servers.

/frustrated
90 Tauren Druid
same, 6 weeks in ( I think ) and at 4 right now. This is basically a bump post though.
100 Blood Elf Priest
You know what the drop rate for Secrets of the Empire Is terrible. I have been sitting at 16 for 3 weeks and our tank is sitting at 17 for over a month. -_-

For a legendary item that's actually insanely good... So no it's actually NOT terrible at all
100 Human Warrior

For a legendary item that's actually insanely good... So no it's actually NOT terrible at all

You know this silly "but it's legendary" line of response is getting stupid.
What exactly is "legendary" about chain running face roll events and waiting for:

1. 20 stupid secrets to drop.
2. 502+ helmet to drop.
3. Run the same damn instances again for 12 titan runestones to drop.

Which part of that is "legendary"?
Unless in your Alice in Wonderland logic, "legendary" now means "stupidly tedious".

I would be perfectly fine with them adding a task that was actually challenging in some meaningful way (ala., Warlock Green Fire quest). But this is just nothing more than a thinly disguised attempt to artificially draw out the !@#$acular lack of content that is 5.3 patch.
90 Orc Hunter

What exactly is "legendary" about chain running face roll events and waiting for:

2. 502+ helmet to drop.

Unless in your Alice in Wonderland logic, "legendary" now means "stupidly tedious".

I would be perfectly fine with them adding a task that was actually challenging in some meaningful way (ala., Warlock Green Fire quest). But this is just nothing more than a thinly disguised attempt to artificially draw out the !@#$acular lack of content that is 5.3 patch.

It's LEGENDARY K it's not meant to be EZ

And yes, before you ask, 2 different gems and a cloak are very legendary and epic. This RNG is also not a way to keep people playing through 5.3 because it is already very action-packed and fun-filled.
100 Human Warrior

2. 502+ helmet to drop.

Learn to read: Chain running ToT LFR *IS* "EZ".

And that's the damn problem. It's "EZ" but damn tedious. Unless in your world, clicking on a button marked join queue is considered a legendary task.
I said it in another thread, but the game has gone way over the top with RNG.

Before it was skill procs + loot drops.

Now its bonus rolls, lfr loot, legendary drops, thunderforged crap, rppm mechanics, you name it.

The drop rate on these runestones is ridiculous. Nothing worse than seeing full lfr geared folks with the cloak and ive gotten 1 runestone in 3 weeks :/
90 Human Paladin
The drop rate feels very low to me. I have 3 of 12 and I got those first 3 on the first two weeks after I got the quest. Since then, I've had several weeks with no drop at all. At this rate, I'll be lucky to complete this before the next expansion comes out.
90 Orc Hunter

And that's the damn problem. It's "EZ" but damn tedious. Unless in your world, clicking on a button marked join queue is considered a legendary task.

/facepalm

why do so many people refuse to recognize blatant sarcasm
90 Night Elf Hunter
Anyone think the drop rate on these will be adjusted for 5.4?
100 Human Warrior

/facepalm

why do so many people refuse to recognize blatant sarcasm

Poe's Law.
100 Night Elf Rogue
Legendary questlines are supposed to be providing some challenge (when you do them at the appropriate time), but they're also supposed to be a lengthy task to partake in. How do you think people felt about not getting a 2nd binding to drop in MC? They were fairly faceroll bosses, but the drop rate was horrid. Some people may luck out with RNG, others may not.

Either way, they're intended to be long-term tasks. That's how these things work in an MMORPG. WoW is not the only game to have such a system in place, in fact, games before WoW was released had such a system running. Some games even went as far as taking YEARS to obtain the item. It's how MMORPGs are, asking to change such a system is literally breaking away from what MMORPGs are based as. It's a time consuming task.
Community Manager
Hello there.

We agree and feel that Titan Runestones drop too rarely. We are going to make some changes to Lei Shen.

For players that are on the legendary quest line, Lei Shen will now always drop a Titan Runestone. This is similar to what we did with rare drops in the past and will help players that have been experiencing really bad luck.

This change is still undergoing testing and is scheduled to take effect next Tuesday with the raid resets.
2 Orc Rogue
\ 0 /

Nice change. Been stuck at 2/12 for awhile now.
100 Troll Druid
Moo.

Can you clarify, are you still limited to one runestone total from as many Lei Shen's you kill per week? (one normal/heroic and as many lfrs as you can stomach)
100 Pandaren Monk
Awesome thanks for the post rygarius! I do feel that Lei Shen always dropping a stone would be a step in the right direction and make it easier
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]