Titan Runestone Drop Rate

(Locked)

5 Troll Warrior
Finally at 11/12 this week after being on this awful "quest" since April. I'm at a below 10% drop rate on the random Runestones. Terrible design.

I bet I'll have to kill Lei Shen twice next week because I won't get a drop before him.
8 Tauren Shaman
This quest is dumb as hell. Been on the Secrets for don't even remember how long, and have only gotten two Secrets in past few weeks (one per week from Lei Shen).

At this rate it's doubtful I'll get past the Runestones before 2014 (over 24 drops needed at current rate translates into 6 months...).

And all because I didn't accept this ridiculously tedious quest months before I did.

I've been DOING the lfr's since the quest has been around, but because of this horrific design the quest items only drop if you're on the quest.

This trash really exemplifies how absolutely terrible quests have become in this game.

Making the reward item level 600 doesn't make up for boring us to death with trash lfr content.
Edited by Kanonji on 7/13/2013 3:44 PM PDT
100 Blood Elf Priest
Finally at 11/12 this week after being on this awful "quest" since April. I'm at a below 10% drop rate on the random Runestones. Terrible design.

I bet I'll have to kill Lei Shen twice next week because I won't get a drop before him.

So wait, something designed to have a low drop rate, has a low drop rate.. thus is a terrible design

Yup, your the problem
8 Tauren Shaman

So wait, something designed to have a low drop rate, has a low drop rate.. thus is a terrible design

Yup, your the problem

You got it right, it is terrible design.

I thought it was designed to be Legendary, but you say it's merely designed to have low drop rate!

It's almost like you're admitting this is mindless crap meant to keep people subscribing throughout the course of this expansion!
Edited by Kanonji on 7/13/2013 4:25 PM PDT
90 Human Mage
Is the drop rate higher in 10 man than it is for lfr?
90 Troll Warlock
Is the drop rate higher in 10 man than it is for lfr?

Nope.

Not higher in 25 man either (both Normal and Heroic).
100 Blood Elf Priest

Yup, your the problem

You got it right, it is terrible design.

I thought it was designed to be Legendary, but you say it's merely designed to have low drop rate!

It's almost like you're admitting this is mindless crap meant to keep people subscribing throughout the course of this expansion!

Pretty sure that a back item won't keep people subscribed if they are bored/tired of the content of the game.. But I am willing to give you 43% for your attempt at sarcasm, unfortunately it is still not a passing grade
100 Human Warrior
The look on new players face when they are on this legendary quest line will be absolutely priceless.

"You mean I have to farm sigils, secrets, titan runestones for something like 6 months when 5.4 is already out?"
100 Worgen Death Knight
The look on new players face when they are on this legendary quest line will be absolutely priceless.

"You mean I have to farm sigils, secrets, titan runestones for something like 6 months when 5.4 is already out?"

They'll buff the rate. I've gotten 7 runestones in the last 2 weeks, 4 last week, 3 this week. I only need 2 more which hopefully I'll get next week. Granted this luck on Runestones means I won't get anything else I want like a normal mode weapon.
100 Tauren Paladin
i was 2 months behind on the legendary quests due to burnouts and a month vacation. i am now done with the quests i guess RNG loves me... sometimes. 6 months maybe 7 to get judgement belt. gotta love that RNG.

edit, i did the quest back when it was 6000 valor. just sayin.
Edited by Colmag on 7/18/2013 10:06 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Priest
You wanted a legendary you got it. It's already the easiest one ever to obtain while current. You don't even need a guild to get it. Normal and heroic have no advantage.

Quit asking for it to be made easier 12 weeks isn't that long.

They should also limit it to one per account to stop the crying of my alt needs it too.
Edited by Blackgoddess on 7/18/2013 10:23 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Priest

Legendary means it's not easy to get live with it.
90 Draenei Death Knight
But why necro a long dead thread?
100 Tauren Druid
2 months isnt that bad, especially for a topic that is still completely relevant. The real question is why did you post something so superfluous? Why bother posting at all Makedonija if you're just going to write a ticket?

--Edit--
I found why you didnt get one as well Makedonija. You only get one runestone a week of Lei Shen, no matter the difficulty. seeing as you now have ahead-of-the-curve, you just killed him on another difficulty other then LFR
Edited by Vorem on 9/7/2013 11:05 AM PDT
12 Goblin Mage
I just killed Lei Shen in LFR and did not get Titan Runestone. Blizz I am writing u ticket.

quick armory check tells me you got your first lei shen (normal) kill 17 hours ago and would have received a runestone at that time. You cant come back the next day and run lfr and get another runestone. It's a once per boss per week
90 Pandaren Monk
it took me 2 months to this day to get all 20 secrets of the empire i ran tot lfr every week and also norm now i have to get 12 rune stones :( ill see the leg cloak in 4 months probably lol

but it feels good to be done with the secrets part just means im one step closer to being able to do ordos lol
Edited by Gyoubu on 9/14/2013 1:50 AM PDT
90 Pandaren Monk
if i do lfr and get a titan runestone from one boss can i go back on normal and have a chance to get another?
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
if i do lfr and get a titan runestone from one boss can i go back on normal and have a chance to get another?

No.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]