Help Mal'ganis Alliance! Reroll now!

90 Night Elf Priest
It dies off because the leadership let it die off.
They're usually quick to get started but recruitment on the general forums doesn't happen long-term since it's against the forum rules. Once leaders lose their primary tool for recruitment it slows down a lot, and it's hard to maintain the excitement over the items you put in the first post long-term
Reply Quote
81 Blood Elf Paladin
Mal'ganis? Goon squad? Oh NFW.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

You get to gank em!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Those guys don't interact w/ the Alliance too much. They troll their own faction more than anything
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
06/08/2013 08:20 PMPosted by Cerulea

You get to gank em!

Almost thought about it, then seen this remark. Reminded me why I left there years ago. lol
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Damn
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Nice! I know your numbers are a bit less than ours, but how do you fit everyone in one guild? We have two or three guilds that generally fill up quickly with members that quickly go inactive because our Horde side is so busy. We get a lot of players that come over to check it out and never make it past level 50, and even a decent amount of those players that just come over, join guilds, try to siphon what they can out of gbanks and beg for gold to buy guild heirlooms to move back to Horde. With as little activity as we have at level 90, I could easily add 30 or 40 characters per day to this guild that I'm in.

Do you guys in <The Alliance> have any system to get together all of the Cho'gall players that are actually there to stay, or even with the re-rolls and super-temporary toons are there enough room to neatly fit into one guild?

Of our active members, we could easily fit into one guild and I think it would be fun, but with how many players we get flowing in and out there needs to be a place for all of those players as well, so we'll always have a few guilds up and running, even if they have to boot inactives weekly

The other existing guilds were contacted about this merger. While it was difficult for many of us to leave the guilds we've been in for quite some time, we couldn't deny that more often than not we would log in to pretty empty gchats. While there's usually 30-40 Alliance online at any given time, they tended to be scattered around the various guilds. It divided our resources too much, to the point that our faction was dead in virtually all aspects. No raiding groups whatsoever, no crafting, no gatherers, no economy, nothing. So while there isn't exactly an official system, if someone would like to... play the game, this guild is the one way for players of our faction to actually do that.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Nice! I know your numbers are a bit less than ours, but how do you fit everyone in one guild? We have two or three guilds that generally fill up quickly with members that quickly go inactive because our Horde side is so busy. We get a lot of players that come over to check it out and never make it past level 50, and even a decent amount of those players that just come over, join guilds, try to siphon what they can out of gbanks and beg for gold to buy guild heirlooms to move back to Horde. With as little activity as we have at level 90, I could easily add 30 or 40 characters per day to this guild that I'm in.

Do you guys in <The Alliance> have any system to get together all of the Cho'gall players that are actually there to stay, or even with the re-rolls and super-temporary toons are there enough room to neatly fit into one guild?

Of our active members, we could easily fit into one guild and I think it would be fun, but with how many players we get flowing in and out there needs to be a place for all of those players as well, so we'll always have a few guilds up and running, even if they have to boot inactives weekly

The other existing guilds were contacted about this merger. While it was difficult for many of us to leave the guilds we've been in for quite some time, we couldn't deny that more often than not we would log in to pretty empty gchats. While there's usually 30-40 Alliance online at any given time, they tended to be scattered around the various guilds. It divided our resources too much, to the point that our faction was dead in virtually all aspects. No raiding groups whatsoever, no crafting, no gatherers, no economy, nothing. So while there isn't exactly an official system, if someone would like to... play the game, this guild is the one way for players of our faction to actually do that.

Awesome :)
I'd personally love to have something similar to a world-wide trade chat on servers such as ours. Even though it would be a complete mess on larger servers, for us it'd be ideal. That was one thing about Cataclysm that I miss... because people hung tight to cities or a couple of specific zones such as Tol Barad, even our small factions banded closely without feeling fragmented. Nowadays, players not in your guild or on your friends list might as well not even be on the server, so I think you guys made a good decision.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
It was a ploy for the GM to get a guild leveled to 25 fast, and then transfer it off.

Why on earth would someone try and level a guild with the sole purpose to sell it ON MG ALLIANCE? If you're selling guilds you obviously have the gold to Race change to horde. Which you could easily get 100's of members. Seems pretty stupid to me.
Edited by Acog on 6/9/2013 12:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
06/09/2013 12:05 AMPosted by Acog
It was a ploy for the GM to get a guild leveled to 25 fast, and then transfer it off.

Why on earth would someone try and level a guild with the sole purpose to sell it ON MG ALLIANCE? If you're selling guilds you obviously have the gold to Race change to horde. Which you could easily get 100's of members. Seems pretty stupid to me.
There'st pretty decent cash flow from controlling a large guild even on Alliance, but the guild itself as a commodity isn't worth much over here. If she gets the guild rolling to Crown Defiance levels it'll be easy to rake in 5000g per week of idle cash flow, which isn't bad considering it's all just gold created out of thin air

That being said, the level 25 guild here w/ few achievements isn't worth much or the $$ to move it elsewhere
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
just merge malganis in with KT via CRZ'd cap cities including SW. Thatll make em poop their pants :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
just merge malganis in with KT via CRZ'd cap cities including SW. Thatll make em poop their pants :)

That would be nice but until this happens, this is our solution!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

There'st pretty decent cash flow from controlling a large guild even on Alliance, but the guild itself as a commodity isn't worth much over here. If she gets the guild rolling to Crown Defiance levels it'll be easy to rake in 5000g per week of idle cash flow, which isn't bad considering it's all just gold created out of thin air

That being said, the level 25 guild here w/ few achievements isn't worth much or the $$ to move it elsewhere

Like I said in another post, I'm an officer in <Vigil> and I'm not looking to sell/screw over anybody. I'm doing this because I want a different challenge and I'm having fun doing this. Hopefully we get more people soon, trying to reach 100 by tonight!
Edited by Cerulea on 6/9/2013 7:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
06/08/2013 09:20 AMPosted by Cerulea
I transferred off that god forsaken server... still have a rogue and a hunter there but most char I free trans'd off.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience.

I played on that server for 6 years... the alliance was always non existent and the horde are douchenozzles. Most of which are arrogant jackwagons who get carried through content then strut around like their flatulence doesn't stink.
Edited by Canopia on 6/9/2013 8:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
06/09/2013 08:02 AMPosted by Canopia

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience.

I played on that server for 6 years... the alliance was always non existent and the horde are douchenozzles. Most of which are arrogant jackwagons who get carried through content then strut around like their flatulence doesn't stink.

That's a dirty lie and you know it. The best alliance US guild back in Pre-BC was on Mal'ganis, and until Cata came out this side had about 12 competitive raiding guild.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Who will be our 100th member?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Level 5 after 1 day!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
This looks fun.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
I was part of the original crown defiance on this character :F I think I still have a few characters in crown defiance.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I was part of the original crown defiance on this character :F I think I still have a few characters in crown defiance.

You should come tag along again!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]