Sanctity of battle

100 Blood Elf Paladin
I read in the comments of the heroic darkmist vortex trinket ( http://www.wowhead.com/item=87172#comments ) on wowhead that haste reduces icd's through sanctity of battle. Can anyone point me in the direction of proof? I tried googling it but I came up with a lot of blizzard won't admit that baseline sanctity of battle was a mistake and one male breast reduction forum :p
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Not ICDs, as far as I'm aware, but rather simply the GCD and several ACDs.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Sanctity of Battle definitely does not reduce ICDs. If it did, we'd occasionally see Fabled Feather of Ji-Kun proccing again before it wore off, which empirically does not happen. That comment is simply mistaken.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Okay thank you both for your time and input
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Sanctity of Battle definitely does not reduce ICDs. If it did, we'd occasionally see Fabled Feather of Ji-Kun proccing again before it wore off, which empirically does not happen. That comment is simply mistaken.

Well Fabled Feather is a RPPM trinket, not an ICD. None of the trinkets from before Throne of Thunder were on the RPPM system so Haste has nothing to do with it (that includes Darkmist Vortex).

RPPM procs (trinkets, weapon enchants, and those lovely legendary meta gems) actually *do* increase with haste rating, that's the way they're designed. It's one of the reasons that Fabled Feather is so nice for Ret.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Fabled Feather is a RPPM trinket, but it also has an ICD to prevent it from having the potential of double stacking for insane amounts of strength. It's ICD is only 22 seconds, 2 seconds longer than the duration, but still, its there to prevent multi stacking.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Fabled Feather is a RPPM trinket, but it also has an ICD to prevent it from having the potential of double stacking for insane amounts of strength. It's ICD is only 22 seconds, 2 seconds longer than the duration, but still, its there to prevent multi stacking.

Ooooooooooooh.

I get it now. Because if it refreshed during the duration, it would basically be a useless piece of crap.

*lightbulb*
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yep, Feather has an ICD in addition to being RPPM, presumably because it would do weird things if it could refresh its own proc.

Depending on how it was coded, refreshing during its duration might instead be *incredibly awesome*, keeping you at ten stacks for a full twenty seconds or something like that. But regardless, that behavior is not observed to happen.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Well, the proc on Feather would actually make it continuously stack unless they set a cap on it, such as 10. But that would take more effort to code than just a 22 second ICD.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]