feral druid problems

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Just got to 90 this week and am loving holy. My main is a destro lock and I wanted to try healing. The first question I have is how do I deal with Feral druids? In bgs they get on me and I have trouble getting them off. How long is their spell lock on cd? It seems that even after I am locked out they immediately get a stun then a cyclone then they can lock me out again. I have tried pump casting but that doesn't seem to work well. I get a stun off then speed of light and then they are right back on me. Is this a common problem?

Secondly how are holy pallies doing in arena? I played with terrible gear ...even without a trinket and a green neck and had a lot of success with my full tyran arms warrior friend. Is there a ceiling for success right now even with full tyrannical? I know disc priests and shamans are great but with all the great cc pallies have I feel like the warrior and I could do pretty well when I am full geared. Second question: what is a good threes comp partner with holy pally and warrior? Thanks a lot for the input.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
crickets
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
They are a pain on any healer. I have a Priest and Shaman, same thing. Unfortunately, you have to rely on your strong cooldowns as a last resort (Devotion Aura / Bubble). However, you should always try to juke.

As a rule of thumb, I always watch the behavior of the player. If they are one of those cats that are strafing side to side quickly, I cancel after a very short cast (10-20%). That usually gets them. It really does take some getting used to.

Some other options are HoJ/FoJ, glyphed Divine Protection, and Hand of Purity <-- This can be big, knowing how crazy Feral bleeds are.

You can also try to make friends with the kitty, though somehow I don't think that will work.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
If a feral has Berserk off cooldown...you're pretty much dead. I really haven't found a good way to fight them. Try to stall while they pop cooldowns and kill them after that.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
If a feral has Berserk off cooldown...you're pretty much dead

This. Unless, of course, you have bubble available.

Although I can stunlock people from 100% to dead without using it.

One thing I will say though. The one thing really, that rets can do that irks me is if they bop right at the start and remove my bleeds.
Edited by Morthra on 6/16/2013 11:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
06/16/2013 11:32 PMPosted by Morthra
If a feral has Berserk off cooldown...you're pretty much dead

This. Unless, of course, you have bubble available.

Although I can stunlock people from 100% to dead without using it.

One thing I will say though. The one thing really, that rets can do that irks me is if they bop right at the start and remove my bleeds.

I do the same to a Rogues opener. I know I can outlive them a minute to be able to use Divine Shield and then from there it's GG if they're not dead before.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Reroll dwarf imo
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]