5.4 Burden of Guilt Change...

100 Draenei Paladin
Not a fan of this proposed 5.4 Change:

• Burden of Guilt has been replaced with a new talent called Evil is a Point of View, which allows the Paladin to use Turn Evil on players and beasts.

Don't we already have this ability, Repentance. From a PvP perspective, I do not need two talents that accomplish roughly the same thing on the same tier. Personally, I'm not happy with you affecting my ability to kite melee class players.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin

• Burden of Guilt has been replaced with a new talent called Evil is a Point of View, which allows the Paladin to use Turn Evil on players and beasts.

Don't we already have this ability, Repentance. From a PvP perspective, I do not need two talents that accomplish roughly the same thing on the same tier. Personally, I'm not happy with you affecting my ability to kite melee class players.

I understand your frustration, but looking at your avatar there your head looks really small.

Really small.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin

It's a different DR, so it's not really the same ability.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
A different DR doesn't do me any good when they're both on the same tier. It's a one or the other choice.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It's instant cast with a glyph wheras repentance is subject to interrupts and you have to stop to cast it. It being on a different DR opens up new comps for the Ret as it will not interfere with certain class' CCs that it used to. Hunters come to mind.
Reply Quote
70 Blood Elf Paladin
A different DR doesn't do me any good when they're both on the same tier. It's a one or the other choice.

Mainly an arena purpose I suppose. The fear will be ultimately better on a team with no other fears for it to DR with, since it won't immediately break on damage like Repentance does.

Someone on your team has fear? Take Repentance

No one on your team has fear? Take Turn Evil.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
I prefer the 50% movement debuff to attacking players vs. the CC subjected to DRs. The slow provided by Burden of Guilt, combined with Pursuit of Justice (15-30% personal speed increase) and Hand of Freedom x2 via Clemency is the best option for me. Judgment is a 6 second cooldown, so TAB-targeting allows me to affect multiple attacks vs. the single target, longer cooldown that Burden of Guilt will become in 5.4. This allows me to peel for myself and/or my FC rather than hope one of my dps gets the job done.

As suggested above, the change may be better in arenas. I prefer RBGs. Should also mention that I mostly play Holy, in case it's not evident.

Finally, with the addition of the glyph needed to make this new change an instant cast, not only do I lose a talent that I'm quite happy with, I now also must lose a familiar glyph (of my choosing) to accommodate the change in order to make it fully viable.

Again, personally I'm not happy with the proposed changes to the talent. Nevermind the apparent buffs to Arms Warriors. I'm sure I'll go back to hating them almost as much as I do rogues once 5.4 hits.
Edited by Solamnus on 6/13/2013 7:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Well, I for one can't stay on target because of latency. SoJ doesn't work, because it requires melee range to apply.

Been analyzing monks, and got better uptime on target with all the rolls and whatnot. If we don't get some sort of BoG rolled into SoJ, or BoG itself baseline for ret, I'm done with the class.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Losing a snare, which could have the person off of you, eventually...

Gaining a fear, which will get the person off you, immediately...

What's the problem? *confused*

EDIT: So who else is going to be fear-spamming locks?
Edited by Bluemist on 6/13/2013 11:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Not to mention, the fear has a cooldown built in, so it's not like we'll be "fear-spamming" anytime soon. Definitely a nicely balanced ability, though.
Reply Quote
I understand your frustration, but looking at your avatar there your head looks really small.

Really small.

lol small head
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

Really small.

LOL IKR! that's all i could think about.

Fear > repentance.... is.... just no
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't know but a fear is not really paladin liked...We should probably get a new ability that reduces the cd of Blinding light by 50%.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
This new ability sounds great for Holy. Like they needed another tool.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]