Celestial Blessing for Hunters Strategy!!

90 Worgen Hunter
My fellow Hunters. Please don't be sad. I have a nice little trick to share with you all concerning the
Celestial Blessing Quest Challenge (as BM, even!!!)

So here it goes:

Engage Wrathion as you always do, from behind. Keep whacking him until the lava blobs spawn. Once they do, use your slow traps and shots (conc and glaive) to keep them away from you and I recommend having Posthaste as your tier one talent. So keep blasting them until they get flattened, but do not take your pet off Wrathion. Keep it on him.

Once Wrathion goes into his mirror images, make a run for the balcony behind the dragon serpent. Don't call your pet. Keep him on Wration and watch it die. Stay at the balcony during this phase. You will notice that the lava blobs start reviving. As soon as you see them come after you, do what hunters do best. Feign Death, baby. Don't worry, it's not a bug because Wrathion is still engaged. It's just that the blobs enjoy fresh meat, is all.

That's it!

Now the rest will be obvious to you all.

Happy Huntering and see you in a virtual realm soon :)
Edited by Jinza on 6/13/2013 7:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
My fellow Hunters. Please don't be sad. I have a nice little trick to share with you all concerning the
Celestial Blessing Quest Challenge (as BM, even!!!)

So here it goes:

Engage Wrathion as you always do, from behind. Keep whacking him until the lava blobs spawn. Once they do, use your slow traps and shots (conc and glaive) to keep them away from you and I recommend having Posthaste as your tier one talent. So keep blasting them until they get flattened, but do not take your pet off Wrathion. Keep it on him.

Once Wrathion goes into his mirror images, make a run for the balcony behind the dragon serpent. Don't call your pet. Keep him on Wration and watch it die. Stay at the balcony during this phase. You will notice that the lava blobs start reviving. As soon as you see them come after you, do what hunters do best. Feign Death, baby. Don't worry, it's not a bug because Wrathion is still engaged. It's just that the blobs enjoy fresh meat, is all.

That's it!

Now the rest will be obvious to you all.

Happy Huntering and see you in a virtual realm soon :)

This did not work. But maybe what I think is obvious isn't the same. What did you do in the 'obvious' part because i tried reviving pet and still ended up dying and not reviving pet and single target his images and died from the mirror images.
Edited by Dristwaz on 6/14/2013 11:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
This did not work. But maybe what I think is obvious isn't the same. What did you do in the 'obvious' part because i tried reviving pet and still ended up dying and not reviving pet and single target his images and died from the mirror images.

1. Put your pet on Passive, and drop all traps on Wrathion. Don't worry, it won't aggro him.

2. Start the fight by attacking Wrathion from behind. Pop all CDs and deal as much damage until the Lava Blobs spawn.

3. Aggro the Lava Blobs to keep them from killing your pet. Keep your pet on Wrathion.

4. Kite the Lava Blobs in the perimeter of the section where you started the fight and keep attacking the lava blobs while deploying as many snares as you can.

5. If you find that you are having problems outrunning the blobs, take the Postehaste talent to help you outrun some of them. (i used a combination of conc shot, ice trap and glaive toss. It helps glyph disengage with the self heal). If a blob is too close, scatter shot it.

6. Wrathion will eventually warp the the middle of the room. Use the opportunity to run up the balcony where the Jade Serpent is. It is best to run past her. Ignore the blobs chasing you and just get to the end of the balcony so that you wont' get hit by Wrathions mirror damage.

7. When you see the blobs closing in - feign death and stay that way. You will see that the blobs go back to the bottom area where Wrathion is.

8. But my pet is dead! Ok. True. Let's fix that. From the spot where you feigh death(ed), cast Revive Pet.

9. At this point, the blobs should not come to the balcony, as long as you don't get close to the stairs. Wait for Wrathion to finish this phase and use this opportunity to bandage up and cast disengage a couple of times to get your health back up.

10. Once Wrathion is done playing around with his Mirror images, he will rush to the platform to the exact spot that you are standing. Attack him!

11. It is now you vs. Wrathion on the balcony. The blobs will be out of aggro range, as long as you do not get close to the stairs.

12. Careful of his AOE (dust cloud and fire effects) and attack until the next Mirror Image phase. Remember to run to the end of the balcony and feign death during that phase. Even if it means that your pet will be sacrificed. Let it die. You can always revive it at the edge of the blacony.

Keep this up and the encounter will end with your victory.

Enjoy your pretty cloak.
Edited by Jinza on 6/14/2013 1:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/14/2013 01:55 PMPosted by Jinza

1. Put your pet on Passive, and drop all traps on Wrathion. Don't worry, it won't aggro him.

2. Start the fight by attacking Wrathion from behind. Pop all CDs and deal as much damage until the Lava Blobs spawn.

3. Aggro the Lava Blobs to keep them from killing your pet. Keep your pet on Wrathion.

4. Kite the Lava Blobs in the perimeter of the section where you started the fight and keep attacking the lava blobs while deploying as many snares as you can.

5. If you find that you are having problems outrunning the blobs, take the Postehaste talent to help you outrun some of them. (i used a combination of conc shot, ice trap and glaive toss. It helps glyph disengage with the self heal). If a blob is too close, scatter shot it.

6. Wrathion will eventually warp the the middle of the room. Use the opportunity to run up the balcony where the Jade Serpent is. It is best to run past her. Ignore the blobs chasing you and just get to the end of the balcony so that you wont' get hit by Wrathions mirror damage.

7. When you see the blobs closing in - feign death and stay that way. You will see that the blobs go back to the bottom area where Wrathion is.

8. But my pet is dead! Ok. True. Let's fix that. From the spot where you feigh death(ed), cast Revive Pet.

9. At this point, the blobs should not come to the balcony, as long as you don't get close to the stairs. Wait for Wrathion to finish this phase and use this opportunity to bandage up and cast disengage a couple of times to get your health back up.

10. Once Wrathion is done playing around with his Mirror images, he will rush to the platform to the exact spot that you are standing. Attack him!

11. It is now you vs. Wrathion on the balcony. The blobs will be out of aggro range, as long as you do not get close to the stairs.

12. Careful of his AOE (dust cloud and fire effects) and attack until the next Mirror Image phase. Remember to run to the end of the balcony and feign death during that phase. Even if it means that your pet will be sacrificed. Let it die. You can always revive it at the edge of the blacony.

Keep this up and the encounter will end with your victory.

Enjoy your pretty cloak.

This worked!!! Thanks a TON.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
See? Sometimes raw strength isn't always the answer. A well placed strategy can topple even the mightiest foe.

I wonder what will be in store for 5.4.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
I'm on my 4th day attempting this. Probably around 8 or 10 hours overall.

I've been trying this primarily as survival though I've occasionally tried it as BM with a core hound for heroism.

I can't last long enough to get to the point where I can try the approach in the post above. I think I gotten to the mirror phase about 4 times .

I've tried posthaste, narrow escape, glyph of explosive trap for knock-backs, dropping slow traps, snake traps.

I've tried spirit bond, and exhilaration for heals.

I've tried glaive toss for its slows, as well as barrage; and of course multi-shot, concussive shot, and scatter shot.

I've got targeting macros for both Wrathion and the adds.

For the most part, I just can't slow the adds enough when kiting and trying to burn them down or get caught in wrath's cone or the puddles as I try to kite them. I've been staying off the stairs when kiting, trying to keep it in the oval area where the fight starts.

I'm not sure what else to try other than "Snow, you need to stop being bad" :). It wouldn't be so frustrating if I felt I was making some progress towards mastering the fight in each attempt, but "progress", such as it is, has been haphazard and random.

I'll keep plugging along but I think this may turn out to be the end of the line for me for the legendary quest line.

Oddly enough in one of my attempts I got placed in an other player's instance as he was in mid fight. I helped him finish off Wrathion, so at least he completed the quest. I did get some satisfaction out of that :)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Hi Snow,

Don't beat yourself over it. It's simple once you get Wrathion to go into his mirror image phase. But to ensure that you burn down the lava blobs, focus on killing them instead. Use your pet for added dps if you need to. and keep laying ice traps behind you. In fact, an occasional snake trap may just buy you some time for blobs that revive. If you need to, run to the balcony then run back down to buy you distance and time.

The key is getting Wrathion to the mirror image phase, because that will be your golden ticket to victory. Once you see that, make a mad rush to the end of the balcony and stay dead until the blobs retreat to Wrathion's position. Just tilt your camera to see what's going on with Wrathion, but do not get near him or you will aggro the blobs again.

Stay under the serpent and you'll be golden.
Reply Quote
Hey Snow,

I would agree with Jinza. His strat is def the way to go. What I did was to put the first set of mobs near the courtyard opposite of where Yu'lon is so that they were as far away as possible. Once they respawn and come after you, just FD on the very edge of the courtyard where yu'lon is. They'll go after your pet and will stay in the center area. During this time while wrathion was doing his mirroed image phase, I just d/e to get back some health and revived my pet. Once he comes back to you it is just a matter of avoiding his various AOE abilities to down him. TBH, with Jinza's strat, your DPS could be 1 and finish this quest.
Reply Quote
Worked great got him on the second try, this after a day of fail yesterday. Thank you very much, good luck all.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Thanks for the tips, guys. However I'm getting different results. It's pretty hard for me to get the mirror/clone phase. 99% of the time the adds get me.

On the very very rare occasions, when I *do* get the adds down and he warps to the center, and I run up the balcony to the very back, and feign death and the adds retreat back down the stairs to the starting areal.

I see the clones in the distance, my pet dies and I rez him. Eventually the clones disappear and Wrathion appears on the balcony, afterwhich I proceed to attack him.

I *think* I'm far enough away from the stairs; basically trying to go no further toward the stairs than the middle of the room / Yu'lon's tail.

A few seconds later, the adds come flying up the stairs and attack me.

This has happened on every (3 or 4?) attempts when and if I get to that phase. I'm not sure why I'm having different results or what I'm executing wrong.

I'll keep trying. I can't believe the amount of gold I've burned through on repairs :)

As an aside, my mage guildie tried and had success standing on the rail on the balcony. The adds can't reach you, but you have to move along the rail to avoid Wrath's AOE and ground assault. He had success with that and did that at the very beginning of the fight ignoring *all* adds altogether. I imagine he still had to deal with the clones though, even when on the railing.

But IMO that ledge is just too narrow to finely navigate back and forth on, especially when you're mouse turning / moving. I gave it a halfhearted try but that approach is even worse, in my opinion.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Seems like you are doing it correctly. Try the fight without reviving your pet after it dies during the clone phase. Since nothing can stop you form attacking the young black dragon prince at that point you can afford to not have the pet on Wrathion.
Edited by Jinza on 6/15/2013 1:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Success! Thank you Jinza and Dristwas!

I continued with the above strategy. The one thing I did differently was once I had the initial wave of adds down, rather than immediately high-tail it up to the back of the balcony, I continued to to DPS Wrathion from the foot of the stairs.

The instant the clones appeared, *then* i went to the back of the balcony and feigned death. Also have to be doubly sure my pet was either on Wrathion or dead and not running back to me dragging the adds behind him.

When Wrath finally showed up near me on the balcony, his health was substantially lower than in my previous attempts. I'm not sure if the adds showed up while I fought him on he balcony, as I was too busy focusing on burning Wrath down.

Thanks again, Jinza and Dristwas. Now back to dailies to start recouping all the gold from those repair bills ....
Edited by Snowfrost on 6/15/2013 4:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Gratz!

And thanks for posting your results. It adds credibility to the strat.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Thanks folks! Managed that strat which worked for me.

Survival with posthaste and exhileration helped.

After the first blobs were down I ran to the balcony and the new ones followed. FD'd and they returned, Wrathion was well done in health (155k dps helps).

Popped, bandaged, rez pet and waited for Wrathion to get thru his mirror images which I didnt have to kill, then he came up for cocktails on the balcony.

Finished him off there before new blobs spawned.

Collect cloak :)
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Thank you very much. Took me only 4 tries and I got it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Okay, I've been trying this with Jinza's strat for two days now and not getting it done. SV hunter 520 ilvl. I am having two big issues. First is that Wrathion's aoe ground effects just simply do not line up with where you will take damage. Often I am 5-10 yards outside of his frontal cone and I still take the 150k+ hit. This is making it basically impossible to stay alive long enough to get to the second phase. Secondly the blobs sometimes seem to be indestructible. They either go down to 1 hp and never die or they reincarnate on the fly without ever giving me the one minute down time.

Now I do not consider myself the best player in the world by any means, but this toon has been my main for nearly 5 years now and I feel I do know the class fairly well. Anyone experiencing these same problems or similar ones? Anyone have any ideas?

WOOT! Well never mind. I got it! Had to level up my first aide and get a warlock to give me some cookies, but then I was able to live long enough to get to the second "phase" where you just fight Wrathion on the upper platform. Thanks to Jinza!
Edited by Waldrun on 6/24/2013 12:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Okay, I've been trying this with Jinza's strat for two days now and not getting it done. SV hunter 520 ilvl. I am having two big issues. First is that Wrathion's aoe ground effects just simply do not line up with where you will take damage. Often I am 5-10 yards outside of his frontal cone and I still take the 150k+ hit. This is making it basically impossible to stay alive long enough to get to the second phase. Secondly the blobs sometimes seem to be indestructible. They either go down to 1 hp and never die or they reincarnate on the fly without ever giving me the one minute down time.

Now I do not consider myself the best player in the world by any means, but this toon has been my main for nearly 5 years now and I feel I do know the class fairly well. Anyone experiencing these same problems or similar ones? Anyone have any ideas?

WOOT! Well never mind. I got it! Had to level up my first aide and get a warlock to give me some cookies, but then I was able to live long enough to get to the second "phase" where you just fight Wrathion on the upper platform. Thanks to Jinza!

Ha! You had me worried for a while. Glad to hear it worked out for you eventually.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
i just melted him down as fast as possible. put down traps and just killed the one wave of adds i got. didnt even see the last phase
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
i just melted him down as fast as possible. put down traps and just killed the one wave of adds i got. didnt even see the last phase

Awesome. With your DPS, it was Wrathion that needed a strat - not you. =p
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I was able to do this on my second attempt. The first attempt was really just to see what it was like and once I understood, it was easy. I did however make a mistake after the first mirror phase, as I had gotten to close to the stairs after forgetting that I've glyphed Disengage to propel me farther. The blobs came up the stairs and to my pet, but I was able to Multi-Shot them, drop a trap between me and the blobs and finish off Wrathion while they were snared.

Fortunately, he was already at 3% when this happened and was facing away from me.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]