Heirloom Exp. Bonus Continue Past 80/85?

90 Troll Shaman
Some of my heirlooms scale to 80. Some say they scale to 85, but will the experience bonuses on them work past the level they say they scale to?

Also, I am approaching level 80. Is there a vendor for starter Cataclysm gear so that I can do cata dungeons right away when I ding? If so, what is the NPC's name and where are they located?
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Mage
Heirlooms stop giving their experience bonus as soon as you reach their maximum level.

Also, I am approaching level 80. Is there a vendor for starter Cataclysm gear so that I can do cata dungeons right away when I ding? If so, what is the NPC's name and where are they located?

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=71304
Reply Quote
12 Blood Elf Priest
To be absolutely clear, if your heirloom scales to 80, it will stop working the moment you hit 80 (i.e. no bonus XP from 80-81). The level 85 are the same (no bonus XP from 85-86). As such, you're best off replacing them ASAP at those levels because they scale horribly in terms of actual stats.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
http://www.wowhead.com/npc=71304
Ah, just the NPC I needed!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Just a heads up that you can get an upgraded piece for the Heirlooms that stop at level 80. Go back to the same justice quartermaster you got the original level 80 pieces (Chest and Shoulder) and for 800 JP and the level 80 piece they have the upgraded one to level 85. Pages 5 and 6 on that NPC's tab.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
thanks everyone
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]