5.3 Fury warrior DPS looking for some tips

I just recently started raiding and doing PvE on my warrior. I was looking for some tips to improve my dps, I feel as though I should be pulling more than I am with my gear, I burst high 130-140k usually but then it falls down to about 55-65k

My rotation is the same as the one from Noxxic, is there any other rotations, or gemming method other than stacking crit that works well? any tips and advice is highly appreciated!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Incoming wall of text.
Fury Warrior DPS follows the priority outlined above. Use Bloodthirst as often as possible to build Rage and maintain Deep Wounds. Cast Colossus Smash as often as possible (without overwriting). Try to pool Rage before Colossus Smash so that you cast as many attacks as possible during its debuff. Also, while the Colossus Smash buff is up, always try to use Heroic Leap as it is not on the GCD and can be activated along with your other abilities. Heroic Strike should also be used while to Colossus Smash buff is up, but only to dump excess Rage (40+) during this time.

After this, use Execute as often as Rage will allow when your target is below 20% health. Use Raging Blow whenever available and save Wild Strike for Bloodsurge procs. Finally, use Heroic Throw and Impending Victory as filer abilities when low on Rage.

Is what Noxxic says. And this is also why you SHOULDN'T use Noxxic. That advice is all generally true. Except it's telling you to just hit RB when it comes up. DO NOT DO THIS. You want to make sure you can fit as MANY RBs into a CS as you can. At my gear level I usually keep 1 pooled before I hit CS, if that crits i'll have 2 i can spam in it, if not I can BT again and proc another with BR.

http://www.icy-veins.com/fury-warrior-wow-pve-dps-rotation-cooldowns-abilities

That is a much better link to a fury "rotation".

06/11/2013 10:33 PMPosted by Aiyanna
Cast Colossus Smash as often as possible (without overwriting).

Side note:
That quote there made me chuckle as its impossible to clip Colossus Smashes as fury and is obviously copied from their arms guide or the person that wrote that has no idea of how to play fury.

I'm going with both.
Edited by Aiyanna on 6/11/2013 10:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Thank you very much! Ill be sure to try it out, My guilds having difficulties progressing past horridon on the third door, Do you have any tips for me as a melee dps? like should I be single targeting or should I be doing AoE? and general positioning?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
My guilds having difficulties progressing past horridon on the third door, Do you have any tips for me as a melee dps? like should I be single targeting or should I be doing AoE? and general positioning?

Third door is arguably a make or break point for attempts. Try to burn the first Balcony add that comes down (can't remember it's name at the moment), and then switching focus to the little adds putting light cleave pressure onto the other two balcony adds that drop down until the Dinomancer comes and then kill him and the balcony adds. Doing this will drop the number of diseases that get put up by the little adds and will help to reduce the damage on that door pretty significantly. Also remember to stay out of the frost orbs.
Reply Quote
Great advice, Thank you again! If there are any other tips I'd really appreciate it!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Great advice, Thank you again! If there are any other tips I'd really appreciate it!

I can't really remember how hard they hit on normal but the Flamecasters on the fourth gate if left freecasting can put out some nasty damage. Use a similar tactic as gate 3: burn first bear/shaman, add tank picks up one bear, horridon tank pick up 1 as well, and then sit on adds until the dinomancer comes down and clean up the adds before Jalak comes down.

Protip: Jalak is disarmable and cannot do his shout attack while disarmed. :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]