Why you don't fight with Healers.

(Locked)

90 Pandaren Monk
Healers are the wave of command. You make the healer angry and you have thoroughly screwed your entire party. You can just be like, "I don't have to deal with this doo doo." And bam, a wipe.

Any fellow healers have entertaining stories to tell about their little tussles with a party?

My story was once, long ago, I ran the Heroic Siege of Niuzao Temple. We had a druid tank, who obviously had not run it before. After 15 mins of vigorous explanation, we reached the second boss. We had wiped TWICE, I was just in awe of how. After we had slain the Mantid commander, a dandy useful leather chest piece dropped.

I roll need.

So did the tank.

He won it. I got upset, since my luck isn't at all great. He promptly equipped it as soon as he won it while I smashed my face into my keyboard.

The tank pulls.
I let him die, and I dropped from the group.
Respect healers' authoritah.
Edited by Cyanistrasza on 6/13/2013 12:29 PM PDT
100 Human Paladin
So you got butthurt over losing a piece of gear and wiped the group out of spite?
90 Orc Death Knight
I love these healers that think they're needed, it's so cute.
100 Tauren Druid
Or you can just have fun healing silly ;-)

Get a satchel pop up, so I jump on my shammy to heal and I get a DK tank in unholy presence, a DK in frost, a spriest, and a hunter. I make a /bad emote at tank, and privately whisper him to switch to blood, in case he forgot... he starts randomly puling monkeys, nearly dying to running up to barrels and smashing them, etc. The group is remarkably laid back, since they are all getting aggro and the tank has none... and no -one askes to kick the tank.

I tell them to go ahead and pull whatever they want and let's have fun... so we cleared everything, no deaths, kept me on my toes and was an overall blast. I don't think the tank spoke engrish, since he ended up last on damage done, never said a word, abut at least was second to last in damage taken. He also would wander away occasionally to smash at random things...

So, it's nice to be needed once in a while, and nice to get a fun group that just adapts instead of asking to be caried or for a perfect run.
90 Undead Monk
You're an !@#.
100 Goblin Shaman
Yeah no thank you. Considering even at MoP release it was simple to keep up a group as a dps spec hybrid, adding a healer is just unnecessary for these heroics outside of very few circumstances.
100 Tauren Druid
So two wrongs make a right?

I learn something new every day...
90 Night Elf Priest
well i won't use the expletives that everyone else did, but being pissy about gear is generally not a good thing. If someone takes a piece of gear I want, I usually say something but if they refuse to give it back I don't rage quit.

now you don't fight with me because I am a force to be reckoned with for other reasons, not because I threaten to rage quit 5-mans.

Healers are needed, just not whiner babies.
90 Troll Priest
Your sense of self entitlement was at its height during Vanilla, in the days of /trade groups where healers were a rarity and good healers were worshipped. These days, anyone can be replace, anyone can wipe a group. In this day of LFR/LFD... you are not a special snowflake, you are just another clump in a roadside snowdrift.

And to the "example"... 5 man gear, mountain out of a mole hill much?
90 Pandaren Priest
I admit, that's something I would do, too, OP. But I'm vindictive like that.

In most cases, however, when something like that has happened, every single person in the group has started berating and harassing the tank for taking a healer's gear, and how dare they do so.
90 Pandaren Monk
I did feel bad for everyone else in the group, since they had to put up with him.
His offspec was Feral lol. So your argument is pretty invalid right now.

Also, the reason I got all butthurt was because I was so close to being able to do LFR, hitting 460 was my goal that day. I bet all of you have had at least one piece of gear stolen from you. Did you not get upset? Even a little?

I just wanna see some stories. I made this for fun, not to see other healers complain about me.
Edited by Cyanistrasza on 6/13/2013 12:08 PM PDT
100 Human Priest
honestly, I don't think I've ever !@#$%ed about gear. I mean honestly, who cares? And yes, I have horrid luck on drop rates too. But then again, even back in Vanilla when I was our guilds healing officer, I tended to make sure every other priest had their gear before I got the piece.

I have to say what you did was a little childish and what I would send my 4 year old to his room for.

Getting a little upset is one thing, it's how you deal with it that matters. It's not that you got upset about it. I've gotten upset about gear getting ninja'd from time to time, but I'm not going to run and cause a wipe intentionally. Guess that's the difference between being mature or immature, it's how you deal with your first raw emotional instinct.

And frankly, that kind of attitude is a direct result of the slide WoW has taken as a result of cross realm queues since it's even more anonymous than before and now you can be an immature !@#$ and you'll likely never suffer any repercussions. And then coming here and bragging about it...that's a special kind of %^-*.

Your sense of self entitlement was at its height during Vanilla, in the days of /trade groups where healers were a rarity and good healers were worshipped. These days, anyone can be replace, anyone can wipe a group. In this day of LFR/LFD... you are not a special snowflake, you are just another clump in a roadside snowdrift.

And to the "example"... 5 man gear, mountain out of a mole hill much?

I do miss those days of being worshipped. Of logging on and within 1 minute getting a dozen tells to go heal something. But I also miss the days of a realm being it's own place and your reputation on a realm was actually important.
Edited by Kelyselen on 6/13/2013 12:13 PM PDT
100 Human Priest
guess blizzard doesn't like the word t w a t.
100 Tauren Druid
I did feel bad for everyone else in the group, since they had to put up with him.

Actually, you should feel bad for everyone else in the group for wasting their time and giving them an undeserved repair bill. It is one thing to have an issue with one person, it is wrong to take it out on others. Of course I have lost gear I really wanted, everyone has, however, I am not going to let a temporary disappointment cause me to abandon my principles and act like a jerk.
90 Gnome Monk
I do miss those days of being worshipped. Of logging on and within 1 minute getting a dozen tells to go heal something. But I also miss the days of a realm being it's own place and your reputation on a realm was actually important.

This.

I won't say I've never let some jerk die in lfd/lfr because that would be a lie. It's never because of loot though. Giving the tank/healer abuse, pulling for the tank, spamming meters while standing in bad and failing to interrupt, or just being a jerk in general? I'll kill you in a heartbeat...
90 Night Elf Druid
06/13/2013 12:39 PMPosted by Pipikaula

Actually, you should feel bad for everyone else in the group for wasting their time and giving them an undeserved repair bill. It is one thing to have an issue with one person, it is wrong to take it out on others. Of course I have lost gear I really wanted, everyone has, however, I am not going to let a temporary disappointment cause me to abandon my principles and act like a jerk.

Agreed.

I've done runs before where someone got loot that I really wanted/needed but that still doesn't give me the right to act like a 2 year old and throw a fit. It's a game, get over it. You're upset? Drop group BEFORE they pull. Just because you're a healer doesn't mean you're entitled to anything, same goes for tanks.
90 Pandaren Priest
06/13/2013 12:39 PMPosted by Pipikaula

Oh I don't know.

I've found you can let the tank die and heal a random warlock through any and all damage.
90 Pandaren Monk
I apologized to the group before I left but I don't take it out on them. Everyone else had hung back while the tank pulled while I was talking to him.

And you all can call me a jerk or whatever, but it doesn't hurt my feelings. I did it, it can't be undone, deal with it.

You all need to chill and tell stories like I planned this thread to be about.
Edited by Cyanistrasza on 6/13/2013 1:23 PM PDT
Yea, there have been lots of times other people have won gear I wanted, especially on this toon because it seemed like there was always a druid in the party or something. I don't get mad about it...I just keep going.

Honestly, I've never wiped my group on purpose, and I'm pretty patient with obviously new tanks. I don't even think I have any stories about fighting with my party. I'm a really easy going person, and I usually just let that stuff slide because its not even worth getting mad about.
Edited by Luneth on 6/13/2013 1:23 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]