Why you don't fight with Healers.

(Locked)

90 Human Priest

And you all can call me a jerk or whatever, but it doesn't hurt my feelings. I did it, it can't be undone, deal with it.

You all need to chill and tell stories like I planned this thread to be about.

You're right, nothing you can do about it now. But it sounds like you came on the forums to brag and solicit feedback that what you did was the norm.

I think what you see is that from the lack of people with similar stories as you claim to be soliciting, what you did was not the norm.
90 Draenei Priest
06/13/2013 12:05 PMPosted by Cyanistrasza
I just wanna see some stories.

OK Story:

A couple weeks ago on this toon. I think I even complained about this one in the OT thread when it happened.

I had just binged 90 about an hour before and was trying to gear up for raid in three days time.

I rolled need on a 463 chest piece with hit on it because it was an upgrade to what I had, not my BiS 463 chest, but still a nice little upgrade to a fresh 90.

Another caster in the party, (think it was a warlock) got all pissy telling me how stupid I was to get that and how wrong I was when I stated it was an upgrade for me anyway.

At the last boss, just before the kill, they ask, “Please, can I have that, it gets me into LFR”

–inspected their gear and sure enough it would replace a 440 and get him into LFR.

“Is that what you were going on about? Sure you can have it.”

“OMG really”

“You should have just started by asking”

Two more runs later I had enough justice for my PvP 476 chest which blew the 463 out of the water and was doing LFR myself. After vaults, one piece of Mojo gear, and a lucky drop from Nalak got me into ToT. I was in the 490s two days after binging and all ready for raid, even after being nice and giving away that 463 chest.
90 Tauren Warrior
I thought this would be a thread about stupid groups baming healers for their incompetence, or maybe about healer PvP.

Instead it's someone who used the healer's ultimate weapon against bad PUGs... because they lost a need roll. To a druid.

I want my two minutes back.
90 Draenei Priest
Well I kind of have a story along these lines if only to point out that a healer was being a d-bag.

I was on my hunter in UP and we all picked up the quests called "Junk in my Trunk" where you need to pick up silver bars and such. I get to a chalice/bar before the priest, I guess, and clicked it first.

The priest says "that's it hunter, I'm not healing you now"

I ask why.

Priest: you are taking my quest stuff.

Me: We all share the same quest stuff, it's not "yours"

Priest: Well my mana is "mine"

Me: Yep, you got me there, it is.

A-hole.
Edited by Ocyla on 6/16/2013 9:13 PM PDT
90 Worgen Druid
So you got butthurt over losing a piece of gear and wiped the group out of spite?
90 Undead Rogue
Lol @ everyone being mad

I do the same thing as the OP, except I say "hope that [item link] covers your repair bill" and drop grop
90 Pandaren Monk
So I qued into this shado-pan monastery and the healer was commenting on how bad our groups dps was and I told him to shove it and that our group was full of new 90s (people in quest greens) and he told me to shut up or he'd stop healing me.

I told him healers were optional...Cleared the dungeon just fine without a single heal, but not right before kicking our healer out of the group before taran-zhu.

Am I doing it right?
Edited by Leblue on 6/17/2013 2:09 AM PDT
90 Tauren Druid
Im a pretty needed healer, so you can imagine how much I enjoy healing too.

I use symbiosis for life grip. Makes it so that I have a player's life in my hands even more-so.

I have watched so many people almost die and I said in a moments time, ''Look at that dummy, I should let him die'' or ''Hey, Should I heal now?''

But naw really, I don't stop healing out of spite, I heal regardless because I should stay motivated to play my class correctly at all times if I want to remain being happy with my druid. I enjoy healing LFR when people are getting carried beyond carried, I enjoy healing a squishy tank, But I also enjoy getting high and watching people suck so bad that I do let them die on purpose, meaning, They need to learn too.
90 Worgen Druid
Personally I don't heal to enable stupid.

If I ask you to move out of the fire and you don't, I'm not healing you through it. It doesn't aggravate me enough to wipe the group. I just let you die. And then laugh if/when you rage.

/shrug
90 Pandaren Monk
I did feel bad for everyone else in the group, since they had to put up with him.
His offspec was Feral lol. So your argument is pretty invalid right now.

Also, the reason I got all butthurt was because I was so close to being able to do LFR, hitting 460 was my goal that day. I bet all of you have had at least one piece of gear stolen from you. Did you not get upset? Even a little?

I just wanna see some stories. I made this for fun, not to see other healers complain about me.

Yeah, you're an !@#. Your sense of entitlement makes the rest of us look bad.

Many of us here have had gear "stolen," but in your story that wasn't you. He had a fair shot at a piece of gear, and Blizzard's rules gave him every right to roll on it.

You're just spiteful and mean, and think your in-game (self-inflated) importance justifies your poor behavior.

I add people like you to my ignore list.
90 Pandaren Priest

Many of us here have had gear "stolen," but in your story that wasn't you. He had a fair shot at a piece of gear, and Blizzard's rules gave him every right to roll on it.

You're just spiteful and mean, and think your in-game (self-inflated) importance justifies your poor behavior.

Mmm. I think you may be looking at this a little too closely. Did someone do something similar to you recently?
90 Pandaren Priest
I did feel bad for everyone else in the group, since they had to put up with him.
His offspec was Feral lol. So your argument is pretty invalid right now.

Also, the reason I got all butthurt was because I was so close to being able to do LFR, hitting 460 was my goal that day. I bet all of you have had at least one piece of gear stolen from you. Did you not get upset? Even a little?

I just wanna see some stories. I made this for fun, not to see other healers complain about me.

Sleepy time tea is aisle 5. Since your a panda i expect you know how to brew it.
I have yet to see a butt hurt variety but mix and match till you find something suitable.

Then by all means rejoin the rest of us after your nap
90 Blood Elf Monk
The only time I get mad is when the tank pulls about 20 too many mobs, or does something stupid, and i'm pulling 70-90k hps and we still wipe.

Then they try to blame me.
90 Goblin Shaman
The only time I intentionally let someone die, it was a mage that had rolled on a healing trinket. If he wasn't a complete jerk about it, I might have let it slide.

The tank was actually the first person to say "Hey wait a minute- give that to the healer" to the mage. When I explained to the mage that that trinket was a healing trinket, he decided to respond with "LOL" "Stupid Heals- roll higher".

Needless to say, he died a couple of times.

The way I saw it, if he felt he needed the healing trinket that badly, then I guess he had some awesome heals.

Doubt he learned anything from it though.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I mainly let dps that decide to run ahead of the tank and pull stuff die. Especially since they know you can't boot them right after combat so they keep doing it.
Edited by Jujubiju on 6/17/2013 9:47 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The OP needs a JackieChanWTF.gif ...
90 Draenei Shaman
I apologized to the group before I left but I don't take it out on them. Everyone else had hung back while the tank pulled while I was talking to him.

And you all can call me a jerk or whatever, but it doesn't hurt my feelings. I did it, it can't be undone, deal with it.

You all need to chill and tell stories like I planned this thread to be about.

I once lost a dps piece to a healer. Pulled 4 group of trash and vanished on top of the healer. The group wiped and I laughed at them telling them that an idiot healer made the same thing to my tank just a few day before so I felt it was my right to do so.

Don't mess with DPS.

And don't mess with tank either.
90 Blood Elf Monk
When other people pull before the tank does, I don't heal them. Tanks and healers are the leaders of the groups you follow them and do what they say or you die. When I started wow 5 years ago, groups were so much fun and everyone worked together as a team even if you didn't know each other, in today's groups it's irritating because you say "Hunter, Mage, Lock! Don't pull!!!" "Are you the tank?" "No" "then don't frickin pull!" "Ok" then they pull the entire room and I keep everyone else alive except them for being a-holes. I don't see nothing wrong with that. They think they can tank, then lets see them tank without a healer =) Fun stuff sometimes knowing that the group is in your hands. But back to what I was saying, hardly anyone has respect in groups anymore and it's mostly young kids or a-hole adult men that pull this kind of stuff. Honestly for adults they need to grow up and for younger kids their parents need to teach them respect.
90 Undead Priest
I see ur point but I don't agree with wat u did.
I've let a tank or dps die cuz of stupid people but never let it wipe everyone.
But hey each to his own I reckon.
whole point of a game is to have fun. Don't let not getting gear ruin ur fun.
Everyone has been there.
90 Dwarf Priest
Tanks and healers are the leaders of the groups

No.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'd call anyone that refuses to heal over a piece of loot petty, but then I remember that sometimes healers snap up DPS and Tanking gear over someone that could really use it.

Wiping then leaving the group over loot is petty in short, regardless of role.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]